Thad Franklin looked good

Thad reminds me of Derrick Henry. While definitely not a blazer, he is deceptively fast, and once he gets a head of steam, is a problem. He is a Mack truck that is always moving forward and eating up yards. No hesitation in hitting the hole, and has good vision. Exactly the kind of back that has killed our D the last decade plus.

Advertisement
As long as Harris is here, he will start and get the most carries because he's the oldest. I wouldn't be surprised if Franklin got no carries on Thursday. Our coaches are who they are, and they have shown that time and time again. No reason to expect anything different.

Last edited:
Knighton is back so i expect Cam to get 90% of the runs and knighton to get 10%. I don't care what competition you play i know RBs who can read blocks and find the lane. CAM doesn't have good cut back vision, he waits and waits for the called play to develop and rarely make the play by finding a new lane. Him ane Chaney runs behind the same line and Chaney gets yards every other play or so. Cam has no vision.

Knighton is back so i expect Cam to get 90% of the runs and knighton to get 10%. I don't care what competition you play i know RBs who can read blocks and find the lane. CAM doesn't have good cut back vision, he waits and waits for the called play to develop and rarely make the play by finding a new lane. Him ane Chaney runs behind the same line and Chaney gets yards every other play or so. Cam has no vision.
It would be great to at least have some packages for the younger guys but the coaches don't.really.seem to adapt much to the players skillets.

Advertisement
that’s true but Cam average per carry is somehow still higher lol

He looked slow to me but that's my opinion I know I will get destroyed for it

He didn’t look 40 time fast per se.
But he doesn’t dance and looked like he got to whatever his top line speed is, quickly.

In the short sample size, to me, those two things made him play faster than he probably is.

He didn’t look 40 time fast per se.
But he doesn’t dance and looked like he got to whatever his top line speed is, quickly.

In the short sample size, to me, those two things made him play faster than he probably is.
We shall see man I like the kid think he should be a linebacker

Roosters suspension finally over. Wonder how much burn **** get with this quick week. I assume he's still about to practice thru the suspension correct?

Advertisement
The holes him and Brown had anyone could have scored so let’s pump the breaks. Cam had the best game of all but nobody will acknowledge that. That was one of worst teams we have played in years.

Your common sense and rational thinking have no place here. Irrational overreactions only!

Some of y’all need to legit get off your high horse. Glad I’m not on here as much. All I was saying basically there’s no wasted motion with Franklin which is a welcomed sight to see. Relax your ****
You started a thread about the hot freshman of the day on game day when the board hates the starter and expected a different response.

Maybe you’re just rusty from being gone..

Unless Rooster lost his spot, Thad is the 4th string RB….

Going to turn into one of those threads that if you count up all the touches each offensive player needs to get we’d need to run 400 plays a game…

that’s true but Cam average per carry is somehow still higher lol
Yeah Cam gets more opportunities to break long runs. I rather a running back who is gonna give me consistent yard better than one who gets stoned and loss yardage then breaks a long run, moreover they can break long runs too if they get to tout the rock as much

Advertisement
You started a thread about the hot freshman of the day on game day when the board hates the starter and expected a different response.

Maybe you’re just rusty from being gone..
I didnt Say nothing bad about cam harris in the op . Just giving a complement to Thad that’s all

Great burst for a bigger running back. No wasted motion. Remind me of a more explosive Tyrone moss. Yeah they are different sizes but they run similar to me for some reason
Yes but all his snaps were in the 4th when ccsu defense was exhausted

Advertisement
A lot of the youngsters looked good yesterday. So did Cam. Wish we could play CCSU-like teams weekly.

Let’s hope they all get more and more opportunities as this disappointing season progresses.

franklin is the future.... brown is the same as harris. ya'll just don't see it bc you hate harris...

remember harris was better than DJ....

Dj leaves...

Harris sucks....

just put harris name in for DJ and brown in for harris...

Franklin would break that pattern though.

rather have franklin and rooster than any other combo.
Nah I would much rather have Don and Rooster and it's not even close. But Franklin is def the future when Don leaves.

I agree with everything you said except the running style part. A RB running style is the same no matter the opponent. That's what I'm mainly focusing on.
Yeah, you're right. I should have qualified what I meant by running style.

For example, Cam is an indecisive runner when lanes are not readily available (and sometimes even when they are!). However, you never would have guessed that from the game Saturday. He looked good (as did everyone). The backs had so much room to run Saturday it was nearly a walk-through. I'd like to see Franklin and Brown play some more meaningful snaps before I assess what we have in either.

I think we'll see a lot of Cam and Jaylan Thursday.

Advertisement
Back