Texas A&M- what's up with their recruiting?

They didn’t accept one of the kids. The family has all the money in the world to burn, but the whatever the university wants is over. You could probably Google it or ask people close to the university and get the entire story. Crazy stupid to upset them
Who the F is Arkansas to turn down anyone who is able to make it to the interview with two matching socks let alone the last name Walton?

Advertisement
Advertisement
My brotha, not to derail but still on topic; belief is a helluva drug. Anything that compromises emotions, despite evidence provided, can be excused, rationalized, & justified all in the name of hope. Hope is a powerful tool if it’s tempered w/ reasonable expectations from tangible data.

When I come across a fanatic vs. a fan (& yes, fan is the shortened form of fanatic, but there is a stark difference between the two), I stay away. Fanatics think unreasonably & w/o sense. They’re liable to do anything, & I’m not just talking about fanatics regarding sports. When I see a convo going somewhere else, I promise u I’m in a defense/attack mode internally b/c I know who I’m interacting w/ is emotionally compromised. Truth be told, my pops is a fanatic Laker fan, & bro really wanted smoke w/ me when I called out a dumb play by Kobe yrs ago. So now, I stay my distance on that topic b/c he’s unhinged in his belief system. He’s much better, but still.
The good news is people regain their senses when it’s time for politics.

Supposedly Nelson already signed $1 mill in NIL deals. HS kids in Cali can earn NIL.

USC recruiting has been really slow…. They’ve had a pretty quiet summer after that first initial bunch of commits.

Advertisement
Texas A&M may have made a smart play. They know they have the money. Let everything else play out, let everyone tussle and toss numbers out then come in a bit late and say "Here you go."

That being said another 8/9 win season with the money being spent and Jimbo's seat is going to start warming up.

Texas A&M only advantage over Texas was being in the SEC. It's a major thing they would push to in state recruits.

Same thing UF would try to use over Miami and FSU on the trail.

Now the advantage is gone.

Advertisement
Yea we'll they better hurry up come August 75% of the blue chip talent will be locked in
What that AtM fan posted is extremely unlikely to happen.

First of all, AtM didn't flip recruits. They signed a bunch of uncommitted high profile players. It's a different ballgame now with these early commitments.

Last year NIL was new. Everyone thought the players would pick up a few thousand in endorsements here and there. Then things exploded and everyone knows the NIL game.

I don't see very many recruits flipping and a I don't just see it over money. If a recruit flips, he was already on the fence and a better NIL deal is just a sweetener.

I don't see recruits flipping for $$ unless it’s a huge amount of money. Let's say some recruit has a $200k NIL deal and someone offers him a #1M NIL deal if he's playing at another school. Then I could see an NIL based flip.

The bar has already been raised. Top recruits are getting big NIL deals. I'd think someone would have to double their NIL in order for them to leave their commitment.

If a top recruit is getting an NIL deal where he can comfortably help out the family, then that box is checked and things like development and relationships play a bigger role because the really big money is coming 3-4 years later after the NFL draft.

If you're happy with your job, where you live, and the relationships you've built over time, then what amount of money would get you take a job in another state or another country? For me I'd have to double or triple my salary. I think it's pretty much the same for recruits and NIL flipping.

Last edited:
Supposedly Nelson already signed $1 mill in NIL deals. HS kids in Cali can earn NIL.

USC recruiting has been really slow…. They’ve had a pretty quiet summer after that first initial bunch of commits.
Yeah, so I'm willing to bet AtM will offer at least $4M and there's no state income tax in Texas.

I hope he stays with USC. However, I expect he will get a bigger NIL in doing so.

Advertisement
Maybe that story about Riley failing the LSU vetting process has some legs and something is about to drop.

They're recruiting has been odd to say the least, especially on defense. It's almost like Riley is waiting for the offseason to pluck from the portal (he clearly prefers his veterans).

Once they run over the Pac 12 this season, they'll be alright tho.

Maybe that story about Riley failing the LSU vetting process has some legs and something is about to drop.

They're recruiting has been odd to say the least, especially on defense. It's almost like Riley is waiting for the offseason to pluck from the portal (he clearly prefers his veterans).

Once they run over the Pac 12 this season, they'll be alright tho.
He's an offense guy. Specializes in QBs and play scheme. He's one of the top coaches on that side of the ball. That's what attracts top offensive recruits.

He has Alex Grinch as his DC who's been a DC for 7 years including 3 at Oklahoma and 1 year as Co-DC at Ohio State in 2018. You'd think he'd be able to recruit at a high level. Looking at 247Sports, he has some solid commitments for DBs, but his D-line commits are not as strong. So, maybe the supporting staff aren't strong recruiters. IDk.

Advertisement
Back