Texas A&M- what's up with their recruiting?

So Texas A&M has the 60th ranked class right now after signing the highest ranked class of all time last year. Are they really not paying what they promised to last year's class? And is that what's impacting this year's class? Or are they waiting to drop major bags/NIL closer to signing day? Or a combination of the two (I'm assuming this is the case)?

I also noticed Ole Miss is 61st and Auburn is 68th. I know it's still relatively early but these schools don't ever drop this far and they all have historically dropped big bags. I'm curious to see what happens nationwide closer to the early signing day. Either these schools truly have no juice or there will be quite a bit of movement from big NIL deals being thrown out late.

View attachment 197405
What’s up with this not being on the recruiting board?

Lol moved

Advertisement
I mean you can only DOUBLE stack so much 5 ⭐️ talent in consecutive years guys are going else where…🤗

It’s July and they signed the best class on paper last year. I remember when Bama had only 2 commits that summer of 2017 when we had the #1 class at the time. Needless to say they finished ahead of us.
wasn’t necessarily speaking on A&M specifically but some of these collectives in general. stories that you hear coming out of Florida, or these coaches that are publicly telling their boosters they need more money.

It's July

They will rise

It is July but that has a different meaning lately than in prior years.

They will rise but kids are locking in spots earlier and earlier. Can they out-NIL and flip kids? sure, but I'll be shocked if they land a top 10 class.

Advertisement
Its July but that aint stopping kids from committing and its not like all the top 100 players are waiting to commit. Maybe the publicity they got has spooked them, maybe their roster in certain spots is proving a hindrace. Of course they wont finish in the 60s, but it is striking. July is now commit season. Recruiting landscape has changed.

It is July but that has a different meaning lately than in prior years.

They will rise but kids are locking in spots earlier and earlier. Can they out-NIL and flip kids? sure, but I'll be shocked if they land a top 10 class.
I betcha 4 tall boy PBR beers theyre top 10.

So Texas A&M has the 60th ranked class right now after signing the highest ranked class of all time last year. Are they really not paying what they promised to last year's class? And is that what's impacting this year's class? Or are they waiting to drop major bags/NIL closer to signing day? Or a combination of the two (I'm assuming this is the case)?

I also noticed Ole Miss is 61st and Auburn is 68th. I know it's still relatively early but these schools don't ever drop this far and they all have historically dropped big bags. I'm curious to see what happens nationwide closer to the early signing day. Either these schools truly have no juice or there will be quite a bit of movement from big NIL deals being thrown out late.

View attachment 197405

Honestly, you’d have to look at what the schools are normally ranked every July for the last 10 or 15 years, and I have no idea. I mean, isn’t it possible that it’s not unusual for them to be ranked this low this early in the process?

All the same time, I can’t speak say the other schools, but don’t expect ATM to fall out of the top 10 or 15 once it’s all said and done, and don’t be surprised if they’re top 10 or higher.

Advertisement
some of these collective members were alive when there was “WHITES ONLY” signs on water fountains. doubt they want to see a kid driving a better car than they are. i’m not even trying to get racey or too deep with it. just my theory on why some of these major programs aren’t doing what everyone thought they would in NIL.
What?!

They may be emulating Bama.

I seem to recall in the last days of recruiting - Bama would seemingly swoop in at the end and pick off those select players they wanted -

Now I admit that was in the days before NIL, but it sure was an oddity.

Don't know how that will work when many teams have bags now.

Advertisement
It’s July and they signed the best class on paper last year. I remember when Bama had only 2 commits that summer of 2017 when we had the #1 class at the time. Needless to say they finished ahead of us.
I was able to crunch some numbers during a restroom break. Lol

A lot if top 150 guys are committing early this year. If they don't get the commitments by the end of August, it going to be a tough climb trying to flip their way to a top 10 class.

Here's the breakdown of the top 300 player commitments on the 247Sports composite ranking.

Top 1-50 - 28 committed, 14 crystal balls
Top 51-100 - 34 committed, 10 crystal balls
Top 101-150 - 23 committed, 20 crystal balls
Top 151-200 - 31 committed, 11 crystal balls
Top 201-250 - 33 committed, 10 crystal balls
Top 251-300 - 27 committed, 15 crystal balls

So, 156 of the top 300 recruits are committed. Only 44 of the 144 uncommitted don't have a crystal ball of some %.

100% crystal balls are about 90% accurate.

69 of the 80 recruits that have crystal balls are of 100% to a given school.

Doing the math that's 156 + (69 × 0.90) =
218 committed/cb, --> 82 recruits available
218/300 = 72.7% committed/cb

AtM has 5 100% crystal balls and are in it for another 3. So, they'll likely get 15-20 in their class.

It's also important to keep in mind they took 30 guys in their 2022 class, so their 2023 class may be smaller by design.

Last edited:
Maybe recruits have watched those super weird vids of their male cheerleaders doing some of the most fre@ky stuff I've ever seen on a football field. Just totally weird, if you ask me. Disturbing actually. That plus they don't have any serious football success the last 50 years plus there is now tremendous scrutiny on how they recruit because of Satan's comments. They will likely rise quite a bit in the rankings but it's good to see them whiffing early on some of the big names. Hey, there's a new Sherriff in town (C-M-C). Deal with it.

I was able to crunch some numbers during a restroom break. Lol

A lot if top 150 guys are committing early this year. If they don't get the commitments by the end of August, it going to be a tough climb trying to flip their way to a top 10 class.

Here's the breakdown of the top 300 player commitments on the 247Sports composite ranking.

Top 1-50 - 28 committed, 14 crystal balls
Top 51-100 - 34 committed, 10 crystal balls
Top 101-150 - 23 committed, 20 crystal balls
Top 151-200 - 31 committed, 11 crystal balls
Top 201-250 - 33 committed, 10 crystal balls
Top 251-300 - 27 committed, 15 crystal balls

So, 156 of the top 300 recruits are committed. Only 44 of the 144 uncommitted don't have a crystal ball of 100% to a school. 100% crystal balls are about 90% accurate.

69 of the 80 recruits that have crystal balls are of 100% to a given school.

Doing the math that's 156 + (69 × 0.90) =
218 committed/cb, --> 82 recruits available
218/300 = 72.7% committed/cb

AtM has 5 100% crystal balls and are in it for another 3. So, they'll likely get 15-20 in their class.

It's also important to keep in mind they took 30 guys in their 2022 class, so the 2023 class may be smaller by design.
**** bro, you have Chipotle for lunch or something?

Advertisement

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back