Texas A&M- what's up with their recruiting?

BS85

D before E
Premium
So Texas A&M has the 60th ranked class right now after signing the highest ranked class of all time last year. Are they really not paying what they promised to last year's class? And is that what's impacting this year's class? Or are they waiting to drop major bags/NIL closer to signing day? Or a combination of the two (I'm assuming this is the case)?

I also noticed Ole Miss is 61st and Auburn is 68th. I know it's still relatively early but these schools don't ever drop this far and they all have historically dropped big bags. I'm curious to see what happens nationwide closer to the early signing day. Either these schools truly have no juice or there will be quite a bit of movement from big NIL deals being thrown out late.

Screenshot_20220711-132607.png

Advertisement
Advertisement
Anyone know how to check historical rankings as of a specific day (on 247)?

Advertisement
some of these collective members were alive when there was “WHITES ONLY” signs on water fountains. doubt they want to see a kid driving a better car than they are. i’m not even trying to get racey or too deep with it. just my theory on why some of these major programs aren’t doing what everyone thought they would in NIL.

Advertisement
I think AtM has dropped for a couple of reasons.

Firstly, their 2022 class was paid for by their collective and everyone knows it so they have a bit of stink on them.

Secondly, they were out front with big NIL in 2021. Now, a lot of schools have big $$ NIL support, so there's more parity where it isn't a factor in one school over another most of the time.

Lastly, I don't think they have a culture of stacking great players. What I mean is, what is the culture sell? In 2021, it was all about the money. Kids can now get the big bag anywhere, so what are they selling? It's not playing time or money.

AtM has had their name in a lot of the recruiting battles, but have chalked up a bunch of L's. I hope that streak continues.

Last edited:
Advertisement
If AtM tries to flip a bunch of players just before signing day, I don't think it's going to have an impact.

Most of the players they signed last year were committed to them early or were uncommited late in the process.

There seems to be a lot of early commitments from the top 150 and I just don't see AtM building an entire class from last minute flips. They may get 1 or 2 flips and a couple of uncommitted prospects. That's how I see it.

They still have time. There's a lot of uncommitted prospects, but that window is closing.

some of these collective members were alive when there was “WHITES ONLY” signs on water fountains. doubt they want to see a kid driving a better car than they are. i’m not even trying to get racey or too deep with it. just my theory on why some of these major programs aren’t doing what everyone thought they would in NIL.
It’s July and they signed the best class on paper last year. I remember when Bama had only 2 commits that summer of 2017 when we had the #1 class at the time. Needless to say they finished ahead of us.

Advertisement
Back