Texas A&M to pursue Jimbo Fisher

Texas A&M has more money, more fans, better facilities, a better stadium, better boosters, and at least as good a recruiting base as Florida State.

FSU is nothing but what Bobby Bowden built. And every year that goes by is another year farther away from that legacy. Texas A&M is a good coach away from being a really good program.

That said... Jimbo is not a good coach, and I personally hope he stays at FSU forever.

Lol. Tamu is a garbage program with no history, an overrated recruiting base, and no modern success at all. FSU already is a really good program.

The only success FSU has had as a program is built on the legacy of Bobby Bowden. TAMU is a good coach away from being a dominant program. There is a reason the SEC pursued them and was willing to take garbage Missouri along for the ride just to get them.

If you think the recruiting base in Texas/Louisiana is overrated then you're a fool.

Hilarious to me how many closet FSU fans we have on this site.

You are really not sharp.

First, who cares if FSU’s “only success” was built by Bobby Bowden? Most schools have one legendary coach. Most schools aren’t Miami who has done with four coaches. They just won a national title four years ago with Jimbo, so you’re just wrong.

TAMU is second in Their own state. In Florida, there isn’t really a recruiting pecking order in the state. It’s by geographic location more than anything. In Texas, it’s UT first, then everybody else. And in Louisiana, it’s LSU first, then everybody else.

Third, TAMU is not a fun college atmosphere for a lot of kids and its pretty button down. Tallahassee is a normal college town with FAMU.

Going to TAMU makes zero sense for anybody at a good power five job. Their fans think they are a ntional championship program but it’s been almost 100 years since they’ve won one. Why would anybody go to a place where it is impossible to meet expectations? TAMU has NEVER been a “dominant program.” Sucking off some **** school that has never done anything is bizarre.

I’m not an FSU fan just because I think there’s no basis to act like TAMU is anything other than a middling program whose peak is winning the conference once every 4 to 5 years. Why there’s a group of people who think these sh1tty schools are secretly awesome jobs, I ‘ll never know,

Dude, you've gone WAY out of your way to defend Florida State and talk about how "elite" of a program you think they are. You have already outed yourself as one of those "Canes fans" who is always defending FSU and rooting for them in secret or in the open.

You probably have a Jameis Winston jersey hanging in your closet.

It's too late to try to backtrack now and act like you're not supporting them.

Yadda yadda yadda. You have absolutely nothing to say to back up your bizarre faith in a school that hasn’t won a national title since before WW2. Take your L and go to sleep son.

Advertisement
Then why did the SEC go balls out to get TAMU? They even took garbage Missouri along for the ride just so they could get them.

So they could get an audience in Texas. TAMU sux. Why would anybody go there from another power 5 school?

Of course TAMU sucks. That's why they fired their coach and are trying to hire another one... so that they won't suck any longer.

Mind blowing, right?

Look at all those national titles they’ve won lately. Kevin Sumlin just couldn’t live up to the success of past national title winning coaches.

And yet they're still better than your favorite dumpster fire of a program...FSU.

Hahahaha

The Devil you know vs the Devil you dont know....yeah throw that out the window.

I want Jimbo gone. I want two new coaches and their staff (FSU / UF) to have to come to Florida and start from scratch in the recruitment arena, have to meet and develop new relationships with all the HS coaches in the state.

If Jimbo leaves there is a huge recruiting vacuum and the Canes are sitting pretty with a fuggin dyson ready to clean up on top of a already sick class.

Texas A&M has more money, more fans, better facilities, a better stadium, better boosters, and at least as good a recruiting base as Florida State.

FSU is nothing but what Bobby Bowden built. And every year that goes by is another year farther away from that legacy. Texas A&M is a good coach away from being a really good program.

That said... Jimbo is not a good coach, and I personally hope he stays at FSU forever.

Lol. Tamu is a garbage program with no history, an overrated recruiting base, and no modern success at all. FSU already is a really good program.

The only success FSU has had as a program is built on the legacy of Bobby Bowden. TAMU is a good coach away from being a dominant program. There is a reason the SEC pursued them and was willing to take garbage Missouri along for the ride just to get them.

If you think the recruiting base in Texas/Louisiana is overrated then you're a fool.

First, who cares if FSU’s “only success” was built by Bobby Bowden? Most schools have one legendary coach. Most schools aren’t Miami who has done with four coaches. They just won a national title four years ago with Jimbo, so you’re just wrong.

TAMU is second in Their own state. In Florida, there isn’t really a recruiting pecking order in the state. It’s by geographic location more than anything. In Texas, it’s UT first, then everybody else. And in Louisiana, it’s LSU first, then everybody else.

Third, TAMU is not a fun college atmosphere for a lot of kids and its pretty button down. Tallahassee is a normal college town with FAMU.

Going to TAMU makes zero sense for anybody at a good power five job. Their fans think they are a ntional championship program but it’s been almost 100 years since they’ve won one. Why would anybody go to a place where it is impossible to meet expectations? TAMU has NEVER been a “dominant program.” Sucking off some **** school that has never done anything is bizarre.

I’m not an FSU fan just because I think there’s no basis to act like TAMU is anything other than a middling program whose peak is winning the conference once every 4 to 5 years. Why there’s a group of people who think these sh1tty schools are secretly awesome jobs, I ‘ll never know,

Dude, you've gone WAY out of your way to defend Florida State and talk about how "elite" of a program you think they are. You have already outed yourself as one of those "Canes fans" who is always defending FSU and rooting for them in secret or in the open.

Fsu is a better job just because its in florida.....anyone knows this.....other than that fuq fsu

Fsu is a better job just because its in florida.....anyone knows this.....other than that fuq fsu

Barely in Florida. It's in the panhandle, 500 miles from South Florida where most of the great recruits are. I don't even think of it as being the same state.

With Mark Richt in Miami, FSU is not recruiting anywhere close to what they used to. They can't come down here and get recruits anymore. That spells death for them.

Texas A&M only has to compete with Texas and LSU. Both of those programs are garbage right now. The right coach could do well there.

Advertisement

Barely in Florida. It's in the panhandle, 500 miles from South Florida where most of the great recruits are. I don't even think of it as being the same state.

With Mark Richt in Miami, FSU is not recruiting anywhere close to what they used to. They can't come down here and get recruits anymore. That spells death for them.

Texas A&M only has to compete with Texas and LSU. Both of those programs are garbage right now. The right coach could do well there.

How old are you?

How old are you?

Old enough to know that you're a Nole fan. Go cry about this on Warchant, I'm bored with you.

How old are you?

Old enough to know that you're a Nole fan. HahaGo cry about this on Warchant, I'm bored with you.

Haha. Trying to compare TAMU to FSU. What’s next, UCLA is a better job than UF?

TAMU is a garbage job. Makes zero sense for Jimbo to go there. TAMU is dekusional.

I can see him taking the best opportunity to just get out. The Noles are effectively in a rebuild and it's going to be tough for him to build things back up with Clemson and now Miami on the rise.

Never really been impressed with him. He's very fortunate to have taken over FSU during a time when Miami and UF were at their worst.

Lol...Jimbo is a good HC. Take off your orange and green glasses & keep it real

Dude has a NC... & At the end of the day, that's all that matters

Advertisement
Dave Wannstedt was on the radio a couple weeks ago talking about the UF vacancy and said something interesting - that even when UF was down back during his time with JJ, UF presented a much bigger recruiting threat to Miami than FSU. Not sure why that would be (was before the era of big TV contracts, so national exposure in SEC wasn't the main draw). In any case, if that still holds true, then fsu is going to be third in line behind miami and UF for SFL recruits.

Doubt he leaves. He has a special needs kid that isn’t leaving Tally, therefore it’s doubtful Jimbo leaves. I wish he would leave, FSU would ***** up the next hire.

Who has the kid since he and the wife split?

That could change things.

Advertisement
Fisher's buyout isn't $40 mill if he leaves voluntarily. It isn't anywhere close to that.

What if Jimbo Fisher wants to leave?
That’s different.

If he elects to leave, Fisher’s buyout is the sum of all monies remaining on the contracts of his assistant coaches not retained by the university.

So, for example, if Fisher leaves, and the university retains none of ten coaches each making $500,000 on one-year deals, Fisher would owe the school $5M within 30 days. Given that many assistants are employed on two- or three-year contracts, this number is believed to be around $7M if Fisher were to leave following the 2017 season.

https://www.tomahawknation.com/florida-state-football-fsu-noles/2017/10/21/16390554/jimbo-fisher-buyout-florida-state-fsu

Starting to get a bit worried about our assistants. Seems like there will be 10 or so high profile head coach openings, and lots of coordinator positions to fill. They will be targets.

A saving grace is that there will be some much competition for head coaches, a lot of schools will overspend there, and have less for assistants.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back