Texas A&M to pursue Jimbo Fisher

Advertisement
Was just thinking about this hypothetical yesterday. Makes a lot of sense for both parties. A&M has the resources to give him a Saban-level contract.

Doubt he leaves. He has a special needs kid that isn’t leaving Tally, therefore it’s doubtful Jimbo leaves. I wish he would leave, FSU would ***** up the next hire.

Easier for Jimbo to win in the Atlantic Division where you're only consistent competition year-in-and-out is Clemson. Louisville and NC State will regress next year even more; doesn't make sense for him to go to A&M where he'd have to compete with the likes of Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc...and recruiting doesn't get any easier.

Advertisement
Doubt he leaves. He has a special needs kid that isn’t leaving Tally, therefore it’s doubtful Jimbo leaves. I wish he would leave, FSU would ***** up the next hire.

Which would probably inhibit the logistics of him moving, but I really think he wants to coach in the SEC.

Easier for Jimbo to win in the Atlantic Division where you're only consistent competition year-in-and-out is Clemson. Louisville and NC State will regress next year even more; doesn't make sense for him to go to A&M where he'd have to compete with the likes of Bama, LSU, Auburn, etc...and recruiting doesn't get any easier.
Accidental downvote

Every year his agent gets Jimbo's name out there to try and elicit a raise from the FSU boosters. Not sure they are so willing to give him more money after the results this year. Butch's agent used to do the same thing...

I was talking to a Tomahawk Nation writer who works under Bud Elliot up here in Atl, and he was telling me that Bud is hearing that he may want out of tally. The whole public divorce thing and the fact that Jimbo does not want to dump his staff are reasons why people close to the situation think both parties need a fresh start.

Advertisement
He should go. fsu is entering a down cycle. They don't know realize it but they are in trouble. They will really start to turn on him soon.

No! I want Jimbo in Tally as long as possible! He's becoming exposed. Don't want or need a new splash coach to come in.

Advertisement
So Jimbo is going to walk away from $30 million dollars; away from a school in Florida to go to Texas A&M to try to recruit against Tom Herman?

Not likely. They can pay him $, but A&M has nothing comparable to offer to FSU.

Advertisement
I'd put a 50/50 chance that Jimbo leaves. At this point, who knows? I'm just glad that we hung on an L on him before he leaves. No FSU coach should ever go undefeated against Miami.

Advertisement
Back