TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
he said in Instagram he has a new top 2. He also supposedly said miami and Maryland somewhere or made a rap video. Something like that.

Then cribby jumped in to stir the pot and here we are.
He said Miami and Maryland on his IG live video are his née top 2.

And guess what...had Jeff Thomas wanted to come back his Sr year to play under Lashlee and the spread O coaches and players alike would've taken him. You have to build a program first and then once you're rolling you can be picky. This kid is a teenager that may or may not have made foolish and regrettable teenager mistakes. Every kid, especially city kids, isn't going to come in a with a squeaky clean background.

Know this, you turn away this kid and kids parents in future classes that openly acknowledge that their kid needs some help in making the right decision will be less likely to look your way.

That also means that we CANNOT bring T2 in here (if he commits to us) and give him less rope than the next kid in the 2021 class. If the rule is 3 strikes then they all get 3 strikes, including T2. If ur going to give him a chance, then give the entire chance to him with a clean slate. The fact that we are even still in this recruitment tells you that he's avoided getting into any mess his Sr year, so he's earned that clean slate to come to school and be given the opportunity to do well and make not so good decisions here and there as we'd all expect an 18-22 year old to make.
That’s not totally true. When you are trying to build up a culture from carelessness, you don’t bring in recruits that are going against what you are trying to do. You select the kids that you think will either buy into this new culture, or ones that you think can be molded once they are in. That’s not saying that you also don’t need to bring in talent, just that you don’t bring in personalities that actively go against what you are trying to do, regardless of their talent. One person can come in and ruin it by themselves

Advertisement
You guys are feeding into exactly what he wants - more attention.

He's so into himself he thinks he can break the internet. He posts 38 minutes videos. If you want to watch those go for it. I'm not feeing into it. As a fan i moved on weeks ago.
All these high school kids want attention. It’s not just him. He’s no different than our QB commit that everybody wanted.

Advertisement
I ask with all seriousness and from a position of admitted ignorance, What is wrong with this young man?
What is with all the attention craving and apparent narcissism?
Was he unloved by his parents?
does the elevator not reach the top floor?
And before you tell me that all 5 star recruits or kids these days are attention seekers, let me point out JW and LT who acted nothing like this, and neither do most big time recruits.
James Williams acted nothing like this? Next.. you clearly didn’t watch his recruitment.

Advertisement
Take him. I’m very confident in the young men from the 20 class and the alphas in this 21 class. He’ll fall in line or get his *** checked quick. I couldn’t say that confidently two years ago. JW supreme alpha, Brantley and Mello, alphas.. wait til you guys get to hear from arroyo.. GOON
Kam Kitchens as big an alpha as JW.

Advertisement
That’s not totally true. When you are trying to build up a culture from carelessness, you don’t bring in recruits that are going against what you are trying to do. You select the kids that you think will either buy into this new culture, or ones that you think can be molded once they are in. That’s not saying that you also don’t need to bring in talent, just that you don’t bring in personalities that actively go against what you are trying to do, regardless of their talent. One person can come in and ruin it by themselves
There's a reason the big boys didn't come to play in this party.....because from the outset the 1 consistent theme all along was "that the kids recruitment had been poorly managed"....and what that means is that this kids heart has been Miami from the jump but based on some things that happened it left a bit of a stain on the relationship between him and UM. You cannot tell me that Bama hasn't taken a kid with a bump or two in the road when they regularly pull kids out of Texas and Louisiana and FL etc....I mean just look at the kids that come out of Bama and wind up in heaps of trouble within 2-3 yrs of leaving college....Saban OWNS T-town AL so trust and believe before any of Nicks kids that are riding around have cars marked so the local PD know they are his kids and IF they get stopped, once they show the Bama school student/athlete ID all discipline is being forwarded and handled "within the Bama program". Saban didn't want to waste time trying to get a kid whose parents wanted him home all along....

I 100% agree. Take the kid. He's an immense talent, and he's a S. Florida kid in our own backyard. If he's dumb enough to go up to College Park, I guarantee he will be crawling back home before the end of his first year. He desperately needs the support from his family, the local community and teammates who actually care about him. Without that support system and he's 1,000 miles away from home, he won't make it.

If Manny can't come up with a support plan to help keep him focused and out of trouble, then he has no business being our HC. Because some of the most talented kids come with baggage. It's up to a good coach to develop him, help him mature, and put him in position to succeed.

Now if he can't stay within the guidelines and proves to be too much of a headache to keep around, then let him go. But to not give a local 5 star a shot because grown *** men are afraid they can't keep him in line is ridiculous.
Facts!! If I’m Manny and I want to win, I’m pushing one of the trash LBs I recruited out and get this kid and the 5 star kid from usc and coach them up and see what happens. They are both fast and violent guys and it would be fun to watch them “fly around” and wreck ****!!

Facts!! If I’m Manny and I want to win, I’m pushing one of the trash LBs I recruited out and get this kid and the 5 star kid from usc and coach them up and see what happens. They are both fast and violent guys and it would be fun to watch them “fly around” and wreck ****!!
Wiggins ivy BJ and a few others can go. You are not winning wifh those kids

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back