TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I 100% agree. Take the kid. He's an immense talent, and he's a S. Florida kid in our own backyard. If he's dumb enough to go up to College Park, I guarantee he will be crawling back home before the end of his first year. He desperately needs the support from his family, the local community and teammates who actually care about him. Without that support system and he's 1,000 miles away from home, he won't make it.

If Manny can't come up with a support plan to help keep him focused and out of trouble, then he has no business being our HC. Because some of the most talented kids come with baggage. It's up to a good coach to develop him, help him mature, and put him in position to succeed.

Now if he can't stay within the guidelines and proves to be too much of a headache to keep around, then let him go. But to not give a local 5 star a shot because grown *** men are afraid they can't keep him in line is ridiculous.
Well said! Miami has the support staff to pull this off- Pop Cooney, DVD, Telly, and the GOAT Ed Reed. Local studs JW, LT, MNW crew, and Garcia. Miami for TL2 is actually last chance U, if he can’t make at Miami with Family, Staff, and Teammate support he won’t make it anywhere. This can be a Marriage made in heaven for Both, but Miami will and should have strong and clear prenuptials. Some risk-High Reward for Miami and definitely worth the risk!

Advertisement
You can't say Sean Taylor bc we know Sean Taylor the finished product, not the recruit. There's plenty of 4-5 star kids who flame out. For your Sean Taylor comp, i could say Jeff Thomas. Or maybe and FSU reference in Malik Henry.

And we do have depth. We have a 8 guys for 2 spots, not including the Striker position. Now - coaches just have to do their jobs and develop.

And i didn't say "got in trouble". There's levels of trouble. There's a kid having a temper and yelling at a coach once or getting in a fight. And then there's Willie Williams or Jeffrey Simmons trouble. In this situation, this kid has gotten in trouble (a few different accounts so i have no idea to what level of severity), can't stay off social media, appears to bounce around all over the place in HS as well as recruiting and has so many question marks most teams aren't even paying him attention. So yes, in that situation i can say i would consider passing on a very talented kid. A while back i was completely in the corner of bringing him in because our LB play is atrocious and he has all the athletic attributes you look for. I'm not anymore. Ultimately it's up to the coaches who have a lot more insight on the kid, the situation and what the locker room needs vs a run of the mill fan like myself with only public optics.
Some kids like Foster can be put in check. I'm sure most kids do off field things but it never gets out. I'm sure Clemson and Bama have trouble we never hear about. Get the most out of the kid for three years then it's up to him to make the right choices after he leaves. And if he gets in trouble send him on his way and that's that. I used ST as an example because some talents are worth the risk.....if they are iconic u take them.....if they are capable of being a first rounder u take them.

I don’t know the kid so that’s a hard question. But as of now ic’s and spots are a luxury. There’s high risk but high reward. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. It’s a lot more difficult than the keyboard coaches think. I’m just a dummy on a message board.
@Cribby are grades the issue?

And the Miami roster wanted Jeff Thomas to return after quitting for like the 3rd time.

You can't always depend on the opinions of other players. They can't always view a situation objectively.

This decision must 100% be on the coaches. They have to decide if they can handle the person/player and weigh the risks vs the rewards of bringing him in.
And guess what...had Jeff Thomas wanted to come back his Sr year to play under Lashlee and the spread O coaches and players alike would've taken him. You have to build a program first and then once you're rolling you can be picky. This kid is a teenager that may or may not have made foolish and regrettable teenager mistakes. Every kid, especially city kids, isn't going to come in a with a squeaky clean background.

Know this, you turn away this kid and kids parents in future classes that openly acknowledge that their kid needs some help in making the right decision will be less likely to look your way.

That also means that we CANNOT bring T2 in here (if he commits to us) and give him less rope than the next kid in the 2021 class. If the rule is 3 strikes then they all get 3 strikes, including T2. If ur going to give him a chance, then give the entire chance to him with a clean slate. The fact that we are even still in this recruitment tells you that he's avoided getting into any mess his Sr year, so he's earned that clean slate to come to school and be given the opportunity to do well and make not so good decisions here and there as we'd all expect an 18-22 year old to make.

Advertisement
I don’t think the kid is a criminal, just immature divaish. With the internet some things have been overhyped, give him a chance. We need the ballers, and he needs to grow. But im not an insider, just from my opinion and take
Exactly there will be a ton of kids like this with social media, have to build our roster we dont have the depth to pass.

I’ve been on the fence for a while.
But we’ve taken 3 stars that have washed out or transferred for lack of talent, homesick, or any other bs reason.
I don’t think anyone is going to blame the staff for taking a chance if this young man does some stupid *** sht and they are forced to part ways.or if he decides to bounce cause some coach said something that made him catch feels.

Advertisement
Reading this thread, I have no doubt that we are in it according to T2 and his camp. What I have doubts are whether or not this staff ever knows it is being strung along and played?

Last edited:
I don’t know the kid so that’s a hard question. But as of now ic’s and spots are a luxury. There’s high risk but high reward. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. It’s a lot more difficult than the keyboard coaches think. I’m just a dummy on a message board.
Just feels like if ever there was a time that makes sense to take a chance, it’s a time like now. Coming off a great season (record wise), pulling in one of our best classes ,full of home made talent, in a while, with a chance to fill arguably a top 2 need on the team with an elite talent. I get hesitation on the part of a coach if he had some legit stuff they were worried about (ex crimes committed or not qualifying with grades, etc...). But if we don’t take a kid like this because of personality or character concerns, that just makes it feel like we’ve got a bunch of betas for a coaching staff.

Advertisement
I’m with you on that. Calculated decision staff must make. But if IC is increased, take a shot for sure. Reuben Foster was about as high risk-high reward player you can get. All American, Butkus Award winning, 3 & done. Wasn’t really into some serious sh- until after his collegiate career and shortly before his combine. If T2 can match a similar trajectory with less off the field. We’re talking about how much he was a steal on draft night 3 years from now.

People who know.. In them circles .. are quiet for a reason .. UM coaches are cautious for a reason .. As a UM FAN I hope it plays out and he’s repping that U .. out of need of talented LBs you take .. but I respect whatever the staff does in this case

Advertisement
Dwin, what's your gut as of this moment? Does he come? I'm leaning toward him coming now, but curious as to what you're thinking.
It feels like hes coming, maybe the video of the mom laughing when he threw up the U. For me thats a give away and all the insiders not really saying anything...........makes me think the good guys got this

You can't say Sean Taylor bc we know Sean Taylor the finished product, not the recruit. There's plenty of 4-5 star kids who flame out. For your Sean Taylor comp, i could say Jeff Thomas. Or maybe and FSU reference in Malik Henry.

And we do have depth. We have a 8 guys for 2 spots, not including the Striker position. Now - coaches just have to do their jobs and develop.

And i didn't say "got in trouble". There's levels of trouble. There's a kid having a temper and yelling at a coach once or getting in a fight. And then there's Willie Williams or Jeffrey Simmons trouble. In this situation, this kid has gotten in trouble (a few different accounts so i have no idea to what level of severity), can't stay off social media, appears to bounce around all over the place in HS as well as recruiting and has so many question marks most teams aren't even paying him attention. So yes, in that situation i can say i would consider passing on a very talented kid. A while back i was completely in the corner of bringing him in because our LB play is atrocious and he has all the athletic attributes you look for. I'm not anymore. Ultimately it's up to the coaches who have a lot more insight on the kid, the situation and what the locker room needs vs a run of the mill fan like myself with only public optics.
we have nothing remarkable at LB IMO, I want first rounders there.........**** I want first rounders at every level. I say u take talented kids period and put them on the field.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back