TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Why are we overthinking this? A 5* from our own back yard at a huge position of need. If you, as a coach, are scared off by a kid with possible character issues then clearly the “culture” your building isnt worth a **** to begin with. Short of murdering someone or some wild domestic violence stuff, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be on this. We aren’t in a position to turn him away like the Bamas or UGAs of the world are. We want to be back? We need to find a way to get talented players and make them fit into our system.

Advertisement
Why are we overthinking this? A 5* from our own back yard at a huge position of need. If you, as a coach, are scared off by a kid with possible character issues then clearly the “culture” your building isnt worth a **** to begin with. Short of murdering someone or some wild domestic violence stuff, there’s no reason we shouldn’t be on this. We aren’t in a position to turn him away like the Bamas or UGAs of the world are. We want to be back? We need to find a way to get talented players and make them fit into our system.
I know a lot more about this than I’ll post but honestly I can’t fault either side. I get both sides gripes. There’s not many times I’ve felt that way.

Advertisement
We have no depth we have to take a chance. So if Sean Taylor got into trouble off the field in HS u wouldn't take him? I would but thats just me

You can't say Sean Taylor bc we know Sean Taylor the finished product, not the recruit. There's plenty of 4-5 star kids who flame out. For your Sean Taylor comp, i could say Jeff Thomas. Or maybe and FSU reference in Malik Henry.

And we do have depth. We have a 8 guys for 2 spots, not including the Striker position. Now - coaches just have to do their jobs and develop.

And i didn't say "got in trouble". There's levels of trouble. There's a kid having a temper and yelling at a coach once or getting in a fight. And then there's Willie Williams or Jeffrey Simmons trouble. In this situation, this kid has gotten in trouble (a few different accounts so i have no idea to what level of severity), can't stay off social media, appears to bounce around all over the place in HS as well as recruiting and has so many question marks most teams aren't even paying him attention. So yes, in that situation i can say i would consider passing on a very talented kid. A while back i was completely in the corner of bringing him in because our LB play is atrocious and he has all the athletic attributes you look for. I'm not anymore. Ultimately it's up to the coaches who have a lot more insight on the kid, the situation and what the locker room needs vs a run of the mill fan like myself with only public optics.

If UF can keep a homosexual serial killer on their roster for 3 years without incident, we surely can make this happen. Just set up a bed for him off to the side in the Soffer. He only comes out for gamedays.

Those stories of things he did at UF still make me cringe.

I would have to 1,000% disagree on that. Those guys want someone that will help them WIN....don't believe me? Check and see how LT/JW20/Garcia/Brashard etc have ALL been working on em via social media.

And the Miami roster wanted Jeff Thomas to return after quitting for like the 3rd time.

You can't always depend on the opinions of other players. They can't always view a situation objectively.

This decision must 100% be on the coaches. They have to decide if they can handle the person/player and weigh the risks vs the rewards of bringing him in.

Advertisement
This decision must 100% be on the coaches. They have to decide if they can handle the person/player and weigh the risks vs the rewards of bringing him in.
There’s blame to go around. Our staff does what they do to make things harder but they’re also not dealing with a lot of maturity on the other end.

All that said, IMO, they need to be above that and be the adults in these situations and close things down and close them out successfully.

Advertisement
If you were the coach of this team, would you take him?
I don’t know the kid so that’s a hard question. But as of now ic’s and spots are a luxury. There’s high risk but high reward. I’m glad I don’t have to make that decision. It’s a lot more difficult than the keyboard coaches think. I’m just a dummy on a message board.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back