TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....As I already stated....You did everything to accommodate him....Nate Webster was twice as crazy...would choke this kid out in 3 seconds....but was able to harness his insanity to the field....I'm just giving the kid the benefit....We've blown enough recruitments in the last 17+ F-ing yrs, to not lay the law down with him and give him a shot...

thia. T2 would hardly be the first trouble kid we had here. Takes a strong coach and a position coach and support team in place (and not to mention vet leaders on the team) to make it work. As you stated, T2 is a teddy bear compared to Webster (and others).

Advertisement
On a positive note: crazy how Jake Garcia is basically an ambassador for the 2021 class despite only being signed for less than a week. I know he's tweeting to some long shots, but it's still something to see. Makes me wonder what he could have done had he committed to Miami way earlier.

If he's that talented but a headcase, maybe he should just go to the CFL for a couple years. Can do the Cameron Wake thing and if he's any good, he can get picked up from the CFL by a NFL team. The NFL doesn't give two ****s about character issues.

On a positive note: crazy how Jake Garcia is basically an ambassador for the 2021 class despite only being signed for less than a week. I know he's tweeting to some long shots, but it's still something to see. Makes me wonder what he could have done had he committed to Miami way earlier.

so iVins told this story- Jake came down w his family on his own dime the weekend before ESD and kinda did a self tour on his own (coaches and staff members aren't allowed to meet with him and can only face time) and it really makes you wonder if you want kids doing their own tour of the city. apparently, they didn't like their visit and we were basically re-convincing him to sign here Monday night otherwise he would've gone to Arky where hes close w former Miami staffer Jesse stone

Advertisement
thia. T2 would hardly be the first trouble kid we had here. Takes a strong coach and a position coach and support team in place (and not to mention vet leaders on the team) to make it work. As you stated, T2 is a teddy bear compared to Webster (and others).
so whats the excuse for fisher staying away? hes covered up alleged rapes up there at FSU and they're saying no to this kid. if everyone is basically jumping ship, idc how talented he is, theres gotta be something there to give all these programs pause

so whats the excuse for fisher staying away? hes covered up alleged rapes up there at FSU and they're saying no to this kid. if everyone is basically jumping ship, idc how talented he is, theres gotta be something there to give all these programs pause
Yes, it makes no sense. Has to be something other than what's on his record.

so iVins told this story- Jake came down w his family on his own dime the weekend before ESD and kinda did a self tour on his own (coaches and staff members aren't allowed to meet with him and can only face time) and it really makes you wonder if you want kids doing their own tour of the city. apparently, they didn't like their visit and we were basically re-convincing him to sign here Monday night otherwise he would've gone to Arky where hes close w former Miami staffer Jesse stone
Must have taken a ride on the Palmetto..

Advertisement
Am I the only one who thinks this screams grades? Ad other people have pointed out the SEC has turned their heads at far worse than what has been alleged with this kid. To think not even an Auburn or some lower tier SEC school trying to make a splash wouldn't at least take a flyer seems odd. Too odd.

However, if its grades (he has transferred a bunch, maybe transcripts are a mess), it would make more sense if from a compliance stand point people know he is DOA.

OK, let's say all of this is true.

What in the **** did they NOT like about their visit? Honestly.

They plan on moving with Jake, correct? I could understand if they think that Miami is more expensive than Arkansas, but in what world is there ANYTHING in Coral Gables that would cause someone not to like a visit? Did the family get a parking ticket?

Advertisement
Am I the only one who thinks this screams grades? Ad other people have pointed out the SEC has turned their heads at far worse than what has been alleged with this kid. To think not even an Auburn or some lower tier SEC school trying to make a splash wouldn't at least take a flyer seems odd. Too odd.

However, if its grades (he has transferred a bunch, maybe transcripts are a mess), it would make more sense if from a compliance stand point people know he is DOA.

Not grades.

OK, let's say all of this is true.

What in the **** did they NOT like about their visit? Honestly.

They plan on moving with Jake, correct? I could understand if they think that Miami is more expensive than Arkansas, but in what world is there ANYTHING in Coral Gables that would cause someone not to like a visit? Did the family get a parking ticket?

remember when they come to visit a city, they don't just stay around gables. they go around the entire city. maybe they just had a bad weekend or went to the wrong spots on the wrong night. maybe they went to wynwood and ran into a bunch of issues. since no one can take them around other than themselves, you're just hoping everything went perfect. a lot can easily go wrong when you visit any city and same as how it could be amazing.

Advertisement
The risk reward is evident. He’s either going to be a Tom Rinaldi piece on game day for overcoming **** and being a stud or he’s going to be kicked off the team. But based on where this depth chart and talent level is, you take the risk and believe in your culture and ability to manage it. Manny is in a do or die scenario. He has another year with defensive performances like the last one he’s gone. Gotta go all in to win or start updating his CV

Are you trying to win football games or morality contests? If he's still playing football this kid hasn't done anything egregious so why all the doubts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back