TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see how he handles the coaches on defense after nsd. He's learning on the job but being active he possibly can be a CEO type. If he takes that next leap and gets rid of the baggage on D he may have what it takes.

Someone’s head has to roll. Our CB and LB rooms are trash. Patke, Baker and Rumph have to be on the chopping block.

Advertisement
Someone’s head has to roll. Our CB and LB rooms are trash. Patke, Baker and Rumph have to be on the chopping block.
If he does it man wow he's G....this to me is a huge off season in that alone because they run his scheme. Is he capable of firing someone and hiring the right d cord that attacks? Can he let go of his ego and move to the side? Big things this off season....or will he hire someone he knows to run his scheme?

Low key excited and not excited as well lol.

If he does it man wow he's G....this to me is a huge off season in that alone because they run his scheme. Is he capable of firing someone and hiring the right d cord that attacks? Can he let go of his ego and move to the side? Big things this off season....or will he hire someone he knows to run his scheme?

Low key excited and not excited as well lol.

I think Baker stays but maybe one assistant is let go to make it look like he is making moves for optics. If we run the table then in his mind is there any reason to make changes?

He came in late as a guy that had to put on weight and as a developmental project. He has had zero spring practices between when he enrolled last year and this year. This year he also had zero summer practices. He also had covid cut into his ability to put on weight with facilities and campus being closed. Guys also peak and develop at different rates.

Most people on here are great to have debates and discussions like adults. You are not one of them. You make asinine statements not rooted in fact or logic and your questions come off as an ignoramus schtick, then try to feign ignorance or act like the victim when people call you on your bs. You want to talk about act like a man, go look in the mirror.
Then how with your logic is Flagg getting snaps Before huff? At mike too, which is a position that needs way more time to grow into?

I’m ready for Rumph and Patke to receive their slips. Not positive yet about Baker. I’d likely keep Baker if I had to decide today and push big chips in for Rumph’s replacement.

Rumph’s family coming for my head in 3...2..1..

Advertisement
I think Baker stays but maybe one assistant is let go to make it look like he is making moves for optics. If we run the table then in his mind is there any reason to make changes?
Exactly, you don’t go firing coordinators after a 10-1 season. The best teams have continuity in their systems and eventually build coaching pipelines.

Hate em or love em, we have a good defensive recruiting class brewing as well. There are obvious deficiencies, but it’s tough to justify firing a coordinator after going 10-1 and landing our best recruiting class on that side of the ball in a while,

Then how with your logic is Flagg getting snaps Before huff? At mike too, which is a position that needs way more time to grow into?
Flagg came in more built and came in mentally ready to go. He is probably a lower ceiling athletically than Huff, but he diagnoses plays in a hurry and came in stocky and built. That gets you more snaps earlier in your career. It really is not that difficult to comprehend. Every guy is different physically, mentally, how they were coached in high school, and has a different time line as a result.

Advertisement
Honest question, tho - as coach, would you make the changes if we run the table?

Honest question, tho - as coach, would you make the changes if we run the table?

I think based on the lack of success recruiting DB and LB id have to make some type of moves so yes. Probably not fire Baker if I’m manny cause I can take over and control the D and Baker is his puppet so why fire him. Some position coaches would be fired

Advertisement
Advertisement
Patke has been better than Manny or Blake. I don't get the hate. Gilbert has improved. Every LB under Manny has gone downhill.

the issue with Patke (according to some) is his personality and inability to connect. Maybe he’s improving on that front?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back