TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
The guy has been a part of this program for two seasons now. The players from his recruiting class on our team are in the rotation except for the players that suck. He’s on the same trajectory as them. Hate to say it because he was expected to start and make an impact after we lost Shaq and Pinck but he’s been passed by.
And your ad hominem approach is uncalled for. Be a man and have an intelligent conversation without resorting to name calling like a child. Grow up.
He came in late as a guy that had to put on weight and as a developmental project. He has had zero spring practices between when he enrolled last year and this year. This year he also had zero summer practices. He also had covid cut into his ability to put on weight with facilities and campus being closed. Guys also peak and develop at different rates.

Most people on here are great to have debates and discussions like adults. You are not one of them. You make asinine statements not rooted in fact or logic and your questions come off as an ignoramus schtick, then try to feign ignorance or act like the victim when people call you on your bs. You want to talk about act like a man, go look in the mirror.

He came in late as a guy that had to put on weight and as a developmental project. He has had zero spring practices between when he enrolled last year and this year. This year he also had zero summer practices. He also had covid cut into his ability to put on weight with facilities and campus being closed. Guys also peak and develop at different rates.

Most people on here are great to have debates and discussions like adults. You are not one of them. You make asinine statements not rooted in fact or logic and your questions come off as an ignoramus schtick, then try to feign ignorance or act like the victim when people call you on your bs. You want to talk about act like a man, go look in the mirror.
None of those reasons have to do with why he gets absolutely ZERO burn at LB. none. He’s been passed up by TWO true freshman that have even LESS time with the team AND they have dealt with the same COVID pandemic as Huff.

Advertisement
It's Patke and Baker really that bad of coaches? We haven't had a ton of LB talent to begin with if we're being honest. Corey Flagg's development looks to be coming along pretty nicely

Patke was a GA in 2015 at Miss St. with Manny. He was then made an 1 of 10 on field coaches at Miami going into the 2018 season. He played at ****ty Stephen F Austin, is from Texas but hasn’t landed any huge talent from there (maybe Flagg surprises and is solid), has no ties to Florida recruiting, and overall has a resume on par with Jon Richt as a QB coach.

I can’t stress this enough, he should not be a coach at Miami. The problem gets compounded when you add him to a Def staff that includes Blake Baker and Mike Rumph.

in all reality Banda has proven his worth as a recruiter, but most schools limit it by having 1 Craigslist coach, while we have 3 in Patke Rumph and Baker.

Stroud has had a nice run, but let’s keep in mind he was initially hired to not be an on field coach, and half of his career was as a S&C coach and handling other off field responsibilities.

That’s not 90% of the class.
I meant on his side of the ball. I can’t compare defensive players to offensive players. Obviously Matocha isn’t going to play over King. Come on brother. On defense, not only has 90% of his own class see snaps, but eve TRUE freshman pass over him.

I get it “bust” was a harsh and premature word to use about Huff. Forgive me for that. But, we can’t be naive to think that Huff being passed up by two true freshman isn’t a problem.

Advertisement

Huff came in at 6-3 200 pounds. That’s bigger than Brooks, taller than Cave and Flagg, same weight as Cave but lighter than Flagg. Two true freshman. According to the 247 profile of Huff “he’s built for today’s game”. What is this developmental thing you speak of? A 4* consensus recruit is developmental? Where’s that information?

Stick to the gospel brother Steven.
I get it. Bust may be a horrible take. But Huff has def been a disappointment. The guy was a consensus 4* recruit. Most of his recruiting class (on defense) plays and he has been passed up by two true freshman. Is this what you thought about Huff when he signed?

On the Def side, under Richt, Manny and the DL coaches (Kul and then Simpson) were worthy of being top 25 for the respective roles.

Manny as the DC was back filled with Baker (large step down)

the DL was back filled with Stroud. He’s a solid coach but not top 25 caliber. So overall the Def coaching staff regressed.

in 2018 when a 10th coach was added, most fans were screaming for an experienced Off mind to offset the nepotism of Jon Richt. So when Patke was hired it was a giant head scratcher on multiple levels.

it won’t happen but Rumph and Patke need to go. Spend big on a top tier CB coach, and then hire the equivalent of Stephen Fields on the Def side of the ball

Advertisement
Huff came in at 6-3 200 pounds. That’s bigger than Brooks, taller than Cave and Flagg, same weight as Cave but lighter than Flagg. Two true freshman. According to the 247 profile of Huff “he’s built for today’s game”. What is this developmental thing you speak of? A 4* consensus recruit is developmental? Where’s that information?
Brooks came in at 6’1.5” 195, Flagg was 5’10” 223, and Cave was 6’1” 200, so your entire point is irrelevant. I’d love for all of our recruits to come in ready to go from day 1. The reality is that doesn’t happen. Some guys take to the mental side quicker that others, some need to add strength, and that goes for 5 stars, 4 or 3, as those are projections of where they will wind up. With that, I’m done with this conversation, mainly because I find you to be insufferable.

2021 Defense could be most talented 2 Deep we've had in years

DE - Harvey - Chantz Williams
DT - Nesta - Roberts/Miller
DT - JHH - Taylor
DE - Cam Williams - Q. Williams/Blissett

LB - Brooks - T2
LB - Huff - TAC

Striker - Frierson - James Williams

CB - Couch - Blades
CB - Ivey

S - Bolden - Avante Williams
S - Gurvan - James Williams

I can live an understand some gaps but CB room is barely trash level in numbers and quality besides some flashes by Couch.

Brooks came in at 6’1.5” 195, Flagg was 5’10” 223, and Cave was 6’1” 200, so your entire point is irrelevant. I’d love for all of our recruits to come in ready to go from day 1. The reality is that doesn’t happen. Some guys take to the mental side quicker that others, some need to add strength, and that goes for 5 stars, 4 or 3, as those are projections of where they will wind up. With that, I’m done with this conversation, mainly because I find you to be insufferable.
Okay, genius. Try to understand.

1. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Brooks came in at 6'1.5 and 195, then Huff was bigger than him (like I said).

2. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Flagg came in at 5/10'' and 223, then Huff is taller than Flagg, but not heavier (like I said).

3. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Cave came in at 6'1" 200, then Huff is taller than Cave but weighs the same (like I said). Either you have a poor reading comprehension (likely) or you're acting like a moron (likely). All you did was regurgitate what I posted and then say, "your point is irrelevant". The relevancy of my point is, Huff cannot be a developmental player on defense when the guys who get burn over him, he is bigger, older, and has been in the program longer (except for Brooks).

Your point on Huff: 1. He's a developmental player; 2. COVID, 3. He hasn't been here that long. But you don't understand that the players who are playing over him have been in Miami's program a year less than Huff, they were lower rated recruits, they are the same size, they have dealt with the same COVID pandemic......BUT THEY ARE PLAYING OVER HIM.

Advertisement
Okay, genius. Try to understand.

1. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Brooks came in at 6'1.5 and 195, then Huff was bigger than him (like I said).

2. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Flagg came in at 5/10'' and 223, then Huff is taller than Flagg, but not heavier (like I said).

3. Huff enrolled at 6-3 200 lbs. If Cave came in at 6'1" 200, then Huff is taller than Cave but weighs the same (like I said). Either you have a poor reading comprehension (likely) or you're acting like a moron (likely). All you did was regurgitate what I posted and then say, "your point is irrelevant". The relevancy of my point is, Huff cannot be a developmental player on defense when the guys who get burn over him, he is bigger, older, and has been in the program longer (except for Brooks).

Your point on Huff: 1. He's a developmental player; 2. COVID, 3. He hasn't been here that long. But you don't understand that the players who are playing over him have been in Miami's program a year less than Huff, they were lower rated recruits, they are the same size, they have dealt with the same COVID pandemic......BUT THEY ARE PLAYING OVER HIM.
Good to know that height and not muscle mass is what matters when trying to tackle a guy. Your basic common sense and football knowledge shines through. Flagg came in ready to go mentally and was built thick. Maybe Cave picked up the playbook faster, it happens. Don’t know if Huff will be a good player or not, but I do know neither of us know for sure that he will not be. Have a good night and gfy.

2021 Defense could be most talented 2 Deep we've had in years

DE - Harvey - Chantz Williams
DT - Nesta - Roberts/Miller
DT - JHH - Taylor
DE - Cam Williams - Q. Williams/Blissett

LB - Brooks - T2
LB - Huff - TAC

Striker - Frierson - James Williams

CB - Couch - Blades
CB - Ivey

S - Bolden - Avante Williams
S - Gurvan - James Williams
Lol I think you’re in for a dude awakening with who isn’t returning next year.

But true. Couch, Keontra, Brooks, Hunts, Harvey, and Blissett all are in the rotation, get snaps, and make plays. They are in the same class. Where’s Huff?
Michael Carter Williams won rookie of the year the year Giannis finished 7th... you tell me who’s better now?

Just cause you’re “better” earlier doesn’t mean you’re better always.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back