TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I hear you. Not a one sized fits all approach though, no? Does the kid love football? Does he work hard? Is he a good teammate? Reuben Foster was a “character shortcut” and ended up as an All-American and 1st round pick.

Alabama didn’t get burned, but San Francisco sure did.

To me, the key is talking to the coaches and teachers. They’ll tell you if the kid is worth dealing with.

I'd assume his point is what CHILDREN playing football as CHILDREN TOGETHER don't talk about playing together when they in their eyes make it. Cause for most kids the dream is a particular college(were talking about children not high school kids) it evolves to nfl dreams when they get a lil older. I used to talk with my Pop Warner teammates bout all kinds of ****. Two of em hair dressers right now so does that make any of that conversation valid or not?
well it depends.... I mean if you a hair dresser as well and thats what all yall talked about then yeah **** relevant and valid as f!ck.

Alabama didn’t get burned, but San Francisco sure did.

To me, the key is talking to the coaches and teachers. They’ll tell you if the kid is worth dealing with.
Yea, but Bama got the production and national titles. SF taking the risk in the first round is kind of irrelevant.

But I hear you, definitely think the coaches perspective is key here. He’s played for 3 Canes’ feeder schools I’m sure there is great insight to be had there.

Advertisement
Crazy thing is we haven’t seen a plus athlete at LB since Diaz took over. Shaq and Pinck transitioned to Jennings and McCloud. Not a lot of speed between those 4 but at least Shaq and Pinck to some degree had instincts to make up for it.

Once Brooks is healthy he’s a guy that will show off some athleticism. But I’m really looking forward to Brooks, Huff, and Cave. We’ll see on Tyler Johnson and Troutman (who has potential). You add a T2 to that group..we got something cooking.
Everything u said is true except the athlete part bcuz brooks and huff are plus athletes!..pretty sure cave is an athlete as well

I’ll chime in real quick:

I love Lewis’ game....like absolutely love it. I don’t love it as much as Justin Flowe’s game last yr, but it’s **** close.

I hope he comes here, just like I had hoped Flowe came here. We are in desperate need of infusion of speed, and aggression at the LB spot, especially in this sometimes reckless defensive scheme. We also need some locker room presence that get on their teammates when they are not going 100.

With all that being said; I’m wondering w/ this staff’s past experience w/ “locker room cancers” (their words), if they’ve become weary of any players that are outspoken or have had a checkered off field past? We have to remember the personality of this coaching staff; we legit have zero alphas coaching. Zero. We haven’t heard players saying they were legit in fear of a coach (respectfully) since Butch. With previous experience w/ JT4, & just how deplorable & toxic that was, just wondering how motivated they r to really go after a dire position of need in Lewis.
You sure we don't have any alphas on the coaching staff? I mean, didn't one of them pull that blicky on a player? 😂😂😂

But Butch did. Wasn’t he very selective when he first got hired because of sanctions? I thought I remember that in the 30/30 series. The dude hired a psychologist for crying out loud.
You’re right. Fans tend to have memory lapses from that era besides the 2000 season. Butch was literally tasked with “cleaning up the program” after Erickson let the inmates run the asylum. Fans hated it and hated Butch because of it.

Advertisement
I don’t care to look into the background of every single player in the last 10 years that has gone to a top 10 program - but based on sheer percentages, there has to have been at least one player with similar “issues” that has played major college football.

Blaming “the media” or “pc culture” has just become too useful of an excuse to accept bad behavior. Ultimately, there is an infinitesimal portion of the population (even if he becomes an nfl hall of famer) that will ever even know this young man’s name, let alone what he may or may not have done when he was 16 years old. There will not be a cnn special running in the airport if he signs at X school (if he does something heinous while attending X school, that’s a different story).

So, no, I don’t think “media backlash” is keeping saban, swinney, day, etc from signing T2. But something else must be.
We all allowed our own opinions. I know mine is very real however. Just ask ray rice.

lol I think this jit is funny mainly because I would be doing the same exact ish if I was a 5* that had all these grown men in a tizzy whenever I send out a tweet in a certain color font....

and this who the **** knows....

Advertisement
Yeah I’m sure he tells them they all suck straight to their faces as he comes for the spring game.
You really don't know me. And I'm sure the **** not saying THEY suck either. I don't think any of our coaches suck. I think they're just collecting checks and doing exactly what's expected of them. That's on administration not on coaches being a sled to do more than they're capable of. For what it's worth staff that is here now is all good guys atleast for whatever that counts for.

Honest question. Do the coaches know you talk **** about them behind their backs, or do you let them know how you feel when you’re hanging around the program?
#1 I speak my mind very clearly to your face or anywhere else. #2 You think this is talking **** cause I've came to terms that we aren't built to be elite? Or because I'm aware the personalities of our staff? Lord you must be timid then. Butch taught us a long time ago that fans are simply invested in the team. They don't care about the make up of the team... Me, I only care about us getting back to dominant football. If you're not part of that equation than you're part of the problem. Simple. I'm sorry if that hurts peoples feelings. Now for those of you that care the way you portray we need as a fan base to put couch stroud and coach banda in our prayers right now. Some things are simply bigger than football off the field.

Advertisement
If you had the chance to get a five-star, you find another way to get the kicker into school at a low cost to him and then get him on scholarship as soon as you can.

Never ever ever underestimate the importance of a good kicker. Everyone talks up King as being the difference between 7-1 and 4-3. That may be true, but the other big reason is that we have a kicker who can nail 50+ yarders in his sleep. If we had our kicker from last year, Miami is likely just around .500 evem with King. Think about all those close scores this year.

Taking shortcuts on character is how you end up with high QBs and WRs quitting in the middle of the season.
I like that one d. No you end up with high qbs and wrs quitting at any point because no one inside the program has leadership traits nor do they hold each other accountable. That's staff and players obviously my own nephew included since that's who ur shot was at.

Funny thing is that Auburn’s insider really doesn’t know ****. His CB is just deductive reasoning from Ivins and TAMU guys telling him those schools aren’t interested, and the fact that he decommitted from Tennessee.
They have a poster on that board who was talking about T2 and auburn on saturday. Seemed to have some info - also indicated that Auburn had been working him behind the scenes for a while....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back