TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm all for working with "troubled" kids. I did it for a living.
But...we have absolutely ZERO coaches on defense who can handle a "rough" personality. Like, not one.

I'll also add that none of us know the extent of T2's issues.

We had a player at Deerfield a few years ago that Manny wanted bad! Freak athlete. Our HC coach had to save Manny by telling him the baggage that comes with him. Manny passed, the kid ended up signing elsewhere (SEC). Lasted not even one season in college. He was cursing at coaches. Not showing up to workouts. Coaches knocking on his door in the morning trying to get him to come out, he wouldn't answer the door. Just defiant as ****.
He was an alpha dog on the field though! But all that **** is null and void IF THE KID CAN'T EVEN DO THE RIGHT THINGS TO GET ON THE FIELD.

Is T2 an "edgy" guy that's still respectful to adults? That can worked with.
Or is he the type of kid that will try adults/coaches? Even that can be worked with, but not with our coaches. We don't have one single coach on defense that will go in a kid's ****.

The fact that several coaching staffs chose not to deal with him + him almost getting his a$$ whooped by the police doesn't look good on the surface.

I'm not saying you DON'T take a chance on a kid like this, but personally I would need to know more details.
Regardless though, I don't think our staff is built for it.

This is one of the most insightful posts of yours I've seen. Thanks for sharing.

Advertisement
That tweet is true
I'd assume his point is what CHILDREN playing football as CHILDREN TOGETHER don't talk about playing together when they in their eyes make it. Cause for most kids the dream is a particular college(were talking about children not high school kids) it evolves to nfl dreams when they get a lil older. I used to talk with my Pop Warner teammates bout all kinds of ****. Two of em hair dressers right now so does that make any of that conversation valid or not?

I’ll chime in real quick:

I love Lewis’ game....like absolutely love it. I don’t love it as much as Justin Flowe’s game last yr, but it’s **** close.

I hope he comes here, just like I had hoped Flowe came here. We are in desperate need of infusion of speed, and aggression at the LB spot, especially in this sometimes reckless defensive scheme. We also need some locker room presence that get on their teammates when they are not going 100.

With all that being said; I’m wondering w/ this staff’s past experience w/ “locker room cancers” (their words), if they’ve become weary of any players that are outspoken or have had a checkered off field past? We have to remember the personality of this coaching staff; we legit have zero alphas coaching. Zero. We haven’t heard players saying they were legit in fear of a coach (respectfully) since Butch. With previous experience w/ JT4, & just how deplorable & toxic that was, just wondering how motivated they r to really go after a dire position of need in Lewis.

Imagine JJ, Butch or Howard turning kids away for being rough around the edges. We wouldn’t be here if they did that.
But Butch did. Wasn’t he very selective when he first got hired because of sanctions? I thought I remember that in the 30/30 series. The dude hired a psychologist for crying out loud.

Advertisement
this... just lay the law down and get rid of him if he violates or how ever YOU wanna do it. **** scaife is on the team still might as well give this guya chance. no one has been a bigger violator of team rules than scaife with his play he out there ***** off! t2 might beat his *** into an all acc performer.
That is the ONLY way you will succeed at the highest level as a head coach. Again, we aren't talking about somebody that robs a bank before recruiting starts or beats up a female, but short of those and much worse....you push for a kid like this and you make it crystal clear to him and his family that it isn't a 3 strike situation.

UM

A lot of other teams seem to be finding reasons for not pursuing T2.

He just got crystal balled to Auburn, which has the 39th-ranked class in the country and a coach on the hot seat.

We aren’t other teams. We don’t have the luxury that the top teams have. They can afford to not take him bc they’re gonna get 3 more 4 stars to add to the 4 they already have on their roster.

2 CBs

Attachments

• Screenshot (63).png
    Screenshot (63).png
    80.2 KB · Views: 162
Advertisement
All good takes. My only issue would be the emphasis on the record. Long as that's not the point about where we ARE as a program than no issue at all. Some very good points. One I will address relates to our ABILITY to have local businesses chime in now. While it's huge for us to legally have that option for the right kids,we also have to be realistic. We are the third option locally from an alumni basis when it relates to support. This climate we have created by our admissions standards and our tuition have alienated us from the vast majority of locals. We are a school that has thrived on foreigners and the pockets of their families. That being what it is doesn't really transition over to the city of miami afterward. Our reach further up the east coast where alot of our base settles would honestly be more beneficial in my eyes. Locally support would sadly trend to ufag and fspoo because they're cheap and have traditionally had very basic admissions not much different from miami dade...(slight sarcasm)
Completely fair analysis....

Id like to see the Miami admin actually manage to pull off the unexpected for once. 2020 is odd enough as is.

What that's telling to is the power of the media and the perception behind domestic violence. Which one of you if you were running any of these programs would be willing to challenge the backlash that comes with having a perceived woman beater on scholarship? Think about how we went back and forth on willie because he was on probation for basic ****. When you want to be known as something that is clean cut you hesitate to bring in anything that changes nationally that view. Especially if you running a dirty program already.
I don’t care to look into the background of every single player in the last 10 years that has gone to a top 10 program - but based on sheer percentages, there has to have been at least one player with similar “issues” that has played major college football.

Blaming “the media” or “pc culture” has just become too useful of an excuse to accept bad behavior. Ultimately, there is an infinitesimal portion of the population (even if he becomes an nfl hall of famer) that will ever even know this young man’s name, let alone what he may or may not have done when he was 16 years old. There will not be a cnn special running in the airport if he signs at X school (if he does something heinous while attending X school, that’s a different story).

So, no, I don’t think “media backlash” is keeping saban, swinney, day, etc from signing T2. But something else must be.

I got no info but before I got info I was confident then LCE shut me down and y'all know i listen to the man. With that being said I'm going with T2 in this class late even if he picks SEC now. I'm going with cane

I got no info but before I got info I was confident then LCE shut me down and y'all know i listen to the man. With that being said I'm going with T2 in this class late even if he picks SEC now. I'm going with cane
I've enjoyed a ton of recruiting information and expectations from you over the years. I read a lot from you all. I just don't see it happening because I'm just scarred over lb and cb recruiting &/or development. It used to be DL with Pierre Olsen being our best DL. I would love for you to be right on T2 tho. I Just hope he doesn't commit to anyone else in the ACC.

Advertisement
Yes and no to depth and roster woes. Kids definitely sharpen each other. They bring that animal out of its cage. But it's the lack of football coaches worth two ***** on the staff in that same time frame that need to teach the kids how to become that savage. You can have the sharpest teeth in the jungle. But if you got no clue how to hunt you just gonna starve. Just think on it. Be real with y'all selves for a second & think on the position coach's we've had since Coker fired Sarge & art... Ill wait. We've had several in that time span worth something but you also have to realize position coach's can be hindered by the coordinator they under. When has that been in unison?
Honest question. Do the coaches know you talk **** about them behind their backs, or do you let them know how you feel when you’re hanging around the program?

Advertisement
I've enjoyed a ton of recruiting information and expectations from you over the years. I read a lot from you all. I just don't see it happening because I'm just scarred over lb and cb recruiting &/or development. It used to be DL with Pierre Olsen being our best DL. I would love for you to be right on T2 tho. I Just hope he doesn't commit to anyone else in the ACC.
Maybe it's hope....all signs point to him never being in a Cane uniform. **** can happen and with a parent on our side let's see what happens.

Taking shortcuts on character is how you end up with high QBs and WRs quitting in the middle of the season.
I hear you. Not a one sized fits all approach though, no? Does the kid love football? Does he work hard? Is he a good teammate? Reuben Foster was a “character shortcut” and ended up as an All-American and 1st round pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back