TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
You do realize this is a canes fan group right? You don't have to be a jerk all the time on here. The dude was literally just asking a question and instead of just answering him, you belittled him and then call me a dope for saying it's not common knowledge... Half the people on this board don't follow eligibilities and scholarships/counters and all that. They just come on here to relax and talk canes football with other fans.

You do realize that adults post on here, right? I wasn't a jerk. I typed the word "Seriously?" in response to NicKane. He didn't whine like a baby, BUT YOU DID. Why? You're obviously just trying to pick a fight with me.

Show me where I "belittled" NicKane. You are, quite simply, a liar. I called YOU a dope for jumping in to white-knight for someone who didn't need it, and was not "belittled".

You are a petty and pathetic little crybaby. NicKane didn't need you to fight his battles for him, nor was there even a battle. Am I surprised that a person who knows about a 25 year old loophole doesn't know that that the loophole was closed? Sure. But I never "belittled" him.

Stop acting like a child.

Advertisement
Dude Go fvck yourself and get off your high horse. It was just a ******* question, no need to act like a @$$hole! And if the rule was changed 25 years ago according to YOUR math then that would be 1995. So please tell me how Butch was able to use that recruiting tactic while he was here when the ******* rule was changed the year he got here sport? Correct me if I’m wrong but clearly your math is full of **** ****head!

Oh, I guess that you did need Mackmiller to fight your fights.

Go back and re-read. I very clearly (and sarcastically) said that the rule was changed 24 years, 11 months, and 30 days ago. That's a clear reference to "as soon as they figured out what Butch did, they immediately changed the rules".

But you're whining about math.

Don't be mad at me because you think a 25 year old loophole is still in existence. How do you know about that rule, but not the rule change?

If you feel "belittled", just let me know. I can apologize to you individually.

Advertisement

Go back and re-read. I very clearly (and sarcastically) said that the rule was changed 24 years, 11 months, and 30 days ago. That's a clear reference to "as soon as they figured out what Butch did, they immediately changed the rules".

Don't be mad at me because you think a 25 year old loophole is still in existence. How do you know about that rule, but not the rule change?

Fight my battles for me? Yea I’m sure that’s what Mackmiller was doing! Lmao all he did was call you out for acting like an @$$hole. Like all I did was ask a question. Your the one who decided to be a **** about it. Again I’ll point out your math is still fvcked up! Because butch got here in 95 and used that recruting tactic for multiple classes while we were under probation. So I guess whos ignorant uninformed poster now Rip Van Original? Smh

This board does this on the reg - a shred of good news that someone MIGHT bet looking our way or leaning Canes, and it turns in to a feeding frenzy: "did he pop yet?! when is he announcing? It's been 23 minutes, is there an edit yet??" Just chill. Haven't we learned our lesson? There are levels to this **** obviously. LCE and Cribby are having secret power DM meetings just to keep **** out of the lime light.

You could've saved alot of space in seeing that someone already answered his question, but I guess you needed someone to talk to.
PM him all the personal stuff and let's get back to recruiting.

Last edited:
Why do you think just because we get some positive news that staff is speaking more and he could possibly be leaning to the Canes. He needs to commit the day we get the new? Let ish play out.

Advertisement
Stop it with your dopey nonsense. It IS ABSOLUTELY common knowledge. You are making excuses for ignorance.

Yeah, a guy has specific information on a recruiting loophole from 25 years ago, but somehow doesn't know the rule was changed 24 years ago. Riiight. Keep making excuses.

And for 24 years, he has somehow MISSED all the discussion on this. Yeah, not likely.
I think they may have mentioned that loophole in one of the 30 for 30’s so maybe that’s how he knew about that. I don’t have a dog in this fight just trying to add perspective. Not everyone follows recruiting like some of us do. I know for sure he hasn’t been caught up in this thread because that question has been answered sooooo many times throughout this thread. I know FOR SURE NOBODY knows better than you when it comes to roster spots. You always provide great knowledge in that respect.

Advertisement

Wait.....They actually changed that rule because of Butch??? That I did not know that’s very interesting. **** NCAA absolutely HATES Miami....That I did know.

Wait.....They actually changed that rule because of Butch??? That I did not know that’s very interesting. **** NCAA absolutely HATES Miami....That I did know.
You're not wrong... but to be fair, Alabama of today would have a bowling team, ballroom dancing team, rifle team, and half of the other Olympic sports loaded with football players if they didn't change this rule.

Advertisement
Unless Burns got his degree, he does not factor into this. You don't get relief on ICs for transfers out. We didn't get one for Cager or Martin or anyone that transferred out as an underclassman. That's why it's become hard to get up to the 85 limit.

To get more, we have to convince someone to blue shirt (which may be possible because visits are out) or the NCAA needs to up the IC counters to help teams deal with the pandemic.

I would try to talk someone to take a blue shirt and enroll in classes a day late. This is the year to do it.

You misunderstood me. I never claimed that Burns transferring would free up an initial counter. I wrote that our need at RB isn't high enough to use one of the last 2 or 3 remaining ICs on Daniels ... except in the case that Burns decides to transfer. In that scenario, adding a second RB becomes urgent and we'd need to find room in the class for Daniels.

EVERYTHING revolves around King/Perry. If one/both stay, you find a HS recruit who just decommitted. If one/both leave, you definitely take a grad transfer.

That's an easy one. King is going pro, and Perry is a great #2 but not an adequate #1. Therefore, you need a transfer QB.

That's an easy one. King is going pro, and Perry is a great #2 but not an adequate #1. Therefore, you need a transfer QB.
Interesting take on Perry. I don't see any advancement at all with him thus far and I hope his spot opens up if this is it.

Trevor Lawrence just stayed an extra year. I don't know why it's out of the question for King to stay one more year. He really needs a ton of film to prove to NFL teams that he is capable of being a QB. He's said that he has no interest in playing any position other than QB. Right now his accuracy on deep throws is rather poor. I don't see any NFL teams taking a 5'9" QB that can't hit a receiver in stride 50 yards downfield. However, I'm sure he's going to start hitting those as he gets more time in Lashlee's system. As someone pointed out, the other QBs that are about King's size are Wilson and Murray, and both are extremely accurate passers. King is a good passer but I wouldn't say he's a sniper. If King is going to get drafted as QB, he needs to wow NFL teams. Putting together back to back 10 win seasons (I think Miami wins 10 this year and at least 10 next year) and leading Miami to signature wins over Clemson and Alabama will be enough that some teams will be willing to take a chance on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back