TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
This has been on the low for awhile , I posted in one of my “ vague updates “ they were talking now but there was a lot of work to do. Liberty and myself have talked in pm about this, there was no need to talk about this publicly until things had been patched up.

just like with Marshall, UT has the funds to bag him up if they really want him. why would this be any different?

Advertisement
I will keep saying it and I’m sure the insiders on this board know even if we get him, ncaa clearinghouse going to be a major challenge. He makes the Moise situation look easy.
NCAA is making it easier to qualify this year due to COVID. I’m sure the staff is doing it’s diligence. Moise is the only kid we’ve had a problem with in years and even he ended up qualifying.

Hey cribby! your not da only saying that about davis at first it was fsu now uga. Maybe staff knows something? maybe that's why there is smoke around t2!
I think it’s more moving on from hood imo. Kid seems licked in with Michigan but was teasing staff. Maybe the FSU dl commit being mentioned is backup to Davis. I’ve always thought the move to lb his senior year was odd, since our staff loves him at de. Almost like he’s trying to show another school he can play a spot that fit their scheme better than de. That’s just me going full on paranos looking too deep into it.

Advertisement
I will keep saying it and I’m sure the insiders on this board know even if we get him, ncaa clearinghouse going to be a major challenge. He makes the Moise situation look easy.

There is a difference between "NCAA Clearinghouse" (as far as getting into college generally) and the "core courses/GPA" issue, which could result in an "academic redshirt" and/or remedial coursework at UM.

I think THIS KID is worth an academic redshirt/constant monitoring at UM. I think Manny is building back a culture that will help a kid in this situation, and with Covid, this is a perfect time to take a chance on a local kid "with issues".

NCAA is making it easier to qualify this year due to COVID. I’m sure the staff is doing it’s diligence. Moise is the only kid we’ve had a problem with in years and even he ended up qualifying.

Yes, Moise qualified BUT was going to be an academic redshirt. If there is any academic issue with Lewis, it might be this as well. If you transfer schools more than once, it makes it hard to lock in core courses and the required GPA by the end of the junior year that would allow you to avoid the academic redshirt year.

I don’t know who he is , or how legit he is. Months ago when he said Lewis was coming I was told” he wasn’t a take, they’re barely in contact”. That’s from as reliable of a person as anyone will talk to. @Liberty City El posted the exact same thing. I also said recently they were talking and working on him , well, to be blunt they’re now pushing hard for him. A lot of hurt feelings had to be undone and for him to be this receptive they’ve done that. All of this done on the low.
I don’t care if they got to $ell *** or &uck d!ck, just get TL2 in this class. If we need Telly, POP, or DVD to take turns with oversight to help facilitate his transition to College, then so be it!! If we’re going to be elite again we’re going to have to figure out how to recruit and close on Studs with baggage and/or special circumstances!!!

Advertisement
No insider. But it's clear to me that Collins is the one that's under the microscope if we need another scholly. The crazy thing (crazy in the good sense) is that we're hunting QBs, CBs, LBs, RBs, WRs and even a couple linemen still. This staff isn't going to leave one spot on the table for a Randy or Al Golden special. They have backup plans to their backup plans, which is the way it should be.

Me, personally, I'd find room for 3 schollys for sure: 1 GT QB, best available CB, and Lewis. I'd also have heart-to-heart conversations with Burns to see if he's a certainty to stay even at his snap counts, because if he is even remotely likely to transfer, we need to find room for Amari, as well. You can't run a practice with only 3 scholarship backs, and if any get injured, the team is in trouble.

So if we only have two to give, you need to find one or two more from current verbals depending on where Burns' head is at. I suppose that we could fall back on Brashard Smith at RB. But I'd only consider that if all the verbals are exceeding expectations both on and off field, and we just don't want to ease anyone else out.
Hey grove, it does seems that the staff has a different number in mind then we as fan have! But im struggling to find any one of our recruits to push out. But is anyone wondering if martell, hillery, rousseau and hebert opting out helps us in any way?

There is a difference between "NCAA Clearinghouse" (as far as getting into college generally) and the "core courses/GPA" issue, which could result in an "academic redshirt" and/or remedial coursework at UM.

I think THIS KID is worth an academic redshirt/constant monitoring at UM. I think Manny is building back a culture that will help a kid in this situation, and with Covid, this is a perfect time to take a chance on a local kid "with issues".
Agreed taking a chance. We will see if he gets in.

Hey grove, it does seems that the staff has a different number in mind then we as fan have! But im struggling to find any one of our recruits to push out. But is anyone wondering if martell, hillery, rousseau and hebert opting out helps us in any way?

Not a smack at you, but none of those other guys helps us out AT ALL.

The issue is, has been, and will be for the foreseeable future, THE INITIAL COUNTER RULES. The 25. The recruited kids we enroll out of HS and take as transfers.

Maybe...just maybe...there are a couple of current commits who will flip, or who will be pushed out.

BUT...and I've mentioned this previously...we might have a PERFECT STORM that allows us to blueshirt one or more top, top recruits.

Why?

First, the "dead period" has been extended to January 1. NO OFFICIAL VISITS TO CAMPUS. NO OFFICIAL COACH IN-HOME VISITS. Kids may have to commit with NONE of the prior-year recruiting hoopla. Which means that you might...JUST MIGHT...have the chance to enroll kids in the Fall, after the first day of Fall camp...AND BLUESHIRT THEM. Count them against 2022. ****, we could do it with multiple kids (thus reducing the numbers we could take in 2022).

Second, there are a number of kids who (assuming they enroll in the fall semester, and are not early enrollees) who would be easy candidates to bypass the "official visit/in-home visit" process. Such as Jabari Ishmael or Andres Borregales. Or just about anyone on our roster, since all but a couple live within a short drive of campus.

Third, there MIGHT YET be some NCAA relief coming. I would LOVE IT if we do not have to use an IC on Jarrid Williams (as he blueshirted to 2021).

I'm sure the coaches are studying the ****E out of the NCAA rulebook, looking for any/every edge.

The issue is, has been, and will be for the foreseeable future, THE INITIAL COUNTER RULES. The 25. The recruited kids we enroll out of HS and take as transfers.

Maybe...just maybe...there are a couple of current commits who will flip, or who will be pushed out.

BUT...and I've mentioned this previously...we might have a PERFECT STORM that allows us to blueshirt one or more top, top recruits.

Why?

First, the "dead period" has been extended to January 1. NO OFFICIAL VISITS TO CAMPUS. NO OFFICIAL COACH IN-HOME VISITS. Kids may have to commit with NONE of the prior-year recruiting hoopla. Which means that you might...JUST MIGHT...have the chance to enroll kids in the Fall, after the first day of Fall camp...AND BLUESHIRT THEM. Count them against 2022. ****, we could do it with multiple kids (thus reducing the numbers we could take in 2022).

Second, there are a number of kids who (assuming they enroll in the fall semester, and are not early enrollees) who would be easy candidates to bypass the "official visit/in-home visit" process. Such as Jabari Ishmael or Andres Borregales. Or just about anyone on our roster, since all but a couple live within a short drive of campus.

Third, there MIGHT YET be some NCAA relief coming. I would LOVE IT if we do not have to use an IC on Jarrid Williams (as he blueshirted to 2021).

I'm sure the coaches are studying the ****E out of the NCAA rulebook, looking for any/every edge.

Yes sir.

As you know I’ve mentioned they’re trying to work something out with the kicker. Manny wants and thinks he can get 25.

Advertisement

Why?

Can the mods please add this note to everyone's signature when posting in the recruiting forum?

"The issue is, has been, and will be for the foreseeable future, THE INITIAL COUNTER RULES. The 25. The recruited kids we enroll out of HS and take as transfers.
"

Advertisement
Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back