TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly. But my understanding is that UM admissions also looks at core classes. If their transcripts show the core classes UM requires are missing, chances are they won't get admitted.

I believe it’s something like this , Hammet had a gpa a lot better than 2.3. it was class related.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I ain't gonna spell it out for you mother****ers all the time
Are you illiterate *****? You can't read between the lines”

50 cent

Big time character issues on/off field.
Just hypothetical, but I think Butch would have passed on him. When he came in, Butch said “My way or the highway. No high-maintenance kids.”

This kid sounds high-maintenance. Remember Eddie Johnson, Willie Williams. They had no careers at all.

This kid could be very high risk and maybe a locker room cancer.

I recall the NCAA would not require SAT scores this year. Would that not allow ever kid that has 2.3 GPA to be accept to any school of their choosing?
Miami could have additional, and tougher, admission requirements. When I was more active in the ‘80’s, I sometimes did volunteer work with Miami admissions office (Miami Circle). I knew they had special admissions program for athletes in the office. It was not part of regular admissions. I don’t think they tried to make tougher for athletes, but maybe to give special consideration to recruits the athletic department wanted. My impression is that UM requirements were generally tougher than NCAA minimums. For all of you who are alums (I am not) you should be proud that UM was striving to strengthen academic standards.

In other words, Lewis meeting the NCAA minimum might not be enough to meet UM’s higher standards. Might also depend on his selection of classes.

Just hypothetical, but I think Butch would have passed on him. When he came in, Butch said “My way or the highway. No high-maintenance kids.”

This kid sounds high-maintenance. Remember Eddie Johnson, Willie Williams. They had no careers at all.

This kid could be very high risk and maybe a locker room cancer.
Butch tooks some kids that could've gone either way...but his Evaluations were Elite...I mean if you could harness Nate Webster from going off the deep end....then Willie Williams would have been a Cakewalk....Nate's the Craziest **** who's graced Greentree the last 25yrs...Nobody since then practiced like him...Absolute Goon on and off the field...

Advertisement
No **** Sherlock , they’ve barely been in contact for awhile now, “hence not recruiting him”. That’s why he’s taking it personal. They could’ve of possibly started recruiting him again but the grades issue pretty much sealed the deal. I’ve posted manny won’t take chances on kids with grade issues , if he’s not sure you’ll get in they’ll eventually move on. It happened in the last cycle.

I’ve gotten my info on Lewis from somebody close to the kid, he told me the “incident” was overblown. So I won’t speak on it or call a kid a name since I wasn’t there when it happened.

I haven’t put blame on anyone , Miami or the kid. I’ve just stated facts of the situation. Some folks should learn the same thing , speak on facts or not speak at all.
You literally just eliminated 99.7% of CIS (me included).

Miami's knot recruiting Lewis. Lewis isn't interested in Miami. Both parties moved on long ago.
Lewis isn’t interested bc The Miami coaches isn’t interested. Its not like we had to convince him to even consider us like in other cases of 5 Star south Florida recruits. He know he’s hurt that he’s a 5 star that has to watch 3 star LBers get taken by Miami over him. **** it hurts me too lol 😭 I wish it could’ve worked out smh :crownpour:

Miami should take this kid.low risk high reward if it works u got yourself a player.if he ***s up you kick him out.elite dade county talent is worth the risk.plus we got a lot of Miami coaches on staff that could talk some sense into him

Last edited:
Advertisement
Ivins says we have reached out to his father recently, fwiw.

Please, please, please.

Seems reasonable. There are possibly two things at play here.

1. How is the GPA in certain core courses now that the junior year is complete? The NCAA's new "academic redshirt" rule is still in effect, which would mean any player that doesn't have the grades in CERTAIN classes by this time will be ineligible for the first year in college, no matter how much they jack up the GPA during senior year.

2. Again, related to core courses (and in particular if a player has transferred schools multiple times), if Miami thinks that any recruit has to take too many remedial courses, and thus will fall behind on academic progress (APR rules), Miami will likely pass on that recruit. Having not seen his transcript, I have no idea if this is the impediment.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Advertisement
Ivins says we have reached out to his father recently, fwiw.

Please, please, please.
Come on Staff.. You can do this 😬
C9968A13-2AE1-46F2-B1B9-B009C2ED87FD.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back