TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
What?

You think you're making sense?

Bama 'offers' 300 kids a year. That's meaningless to them. They take 25 kids and having a piece of paper from them that says you have an 'offer' certainly doesn't mean you're in line to get signable papers on NSD.

Fans around here believe the most ridiculous things to avoid admitting the truth, which is that our evaluations have been poor to mediocre for ages. If your eyes don't tell you that when you watch the games, if our record doesn't tell you that when you read the standings, then you just don't want to know.
You're right... Maybe I should have said we are alot of kids first offer and they end up commiting to some of the top schools like Bama, Clem, Ohio st. It has happened a bit for me to not think our evals suck. Now the actual recruiting is what is questionable.

Advertisement
You're right... Maybe I should have said we are alot of kids first offer and they end up commiting to some of the top schools like Bama, Clem, Ohio st. It has happened a bit for me to not think our evals suck. Now the actual recruiting is what is questionable.
I completely disagree. You're getting distracted by the cape like a bull in a ring.

Offers are about casting a wide net. Evaluations are about down-selecting to who you actually take. We're fine at casting a wide net because it's easy. You err on the side of wide. Our problem has been we're not fine at actually selecting who to take (and who not to), which is to say, at evaluating. We consistently take kids who everyone around FL HS FB knows aren't good ... and they're consistently right and we're consistently surprised. At the same time, we have let guys go who we evaluated as not worthy of taking, and they turn out to be really good elsewhere. So both sides of the eval ledger, we're not doing it well enough, which is why you see our roster with holes and our kids no longer making all america lists and our alums no longer making all pro nfl teams.

What?

You think you're making sense?

Bama 'offers' 300 kids a year. That's meaningless to them. They take 25 kids and having a piece of paper from them that says you have an 'offer' certainly doesn't mean you're in line to get signable papers on NSD.

Fans around here believe the most ridiculous things to avoid admitting the truth, which is that our evaluations have been poor to mediocre for ages. If your eyes don't tell you that when you watch the games, if our record doesn't tell you that when you read the standings, then you just don't want to know.
Our evals are some of the worst in cfb considering the rankings of the kids. We are being destroyed in that department

Advertisement
Which evaluation in this class do you question? Ill hang up and listen.
I get excited about kids but at the end of the day when they get here the ranking means absolute ****. U start out as a high rated HS playing against young men now. I can't tell the future but our pattern has been get high rated recruit....high rated recruit doesn't live up to UM standards of old.

We got romello Brinson, James Williams, Leonard Taylor’s etc
They recruited well this year. Brinson raped jason Marshall
Out of those three names I worry about Brinson getting seperation at this level. James is a freak but raw af still and has lots to do in the weight room. I would still sign these kids but we never know who will pan out and who wont it's all guess work.
The only proof I have of bad evals is our players we have now and of the more recent past.

Impressive that's it not just ONE wasted thread on this kid.

IT'S FOUR!!

Advertisement
Y'all still have hopes for Marshall?? SMH that is OVER MAN! If he flips to us (he won't), I'll Cashapp everybody on this thread $5. FOR REAL!

Why do you do this?

You think it's impossible? What if Mullet leaves? You think Marshall would stick with the Gaytors because he earned his HS coach a $25K brokerage fee?

Our evals are some of the worst in cfb considering the rankings of the kids. We are being destroyed in that department
It's been a glaring issue since Coker and I've been calling it out since Coker. Coker still benefitted from our rep back then and the staff still had butch learnings and so Coker's evals were generally better than what came since, though I can't give Coker himself any credit for it because he recruited off lists. But since then, it's been down-hill. Stoutland was a good OL evaluator. Dorito was actually solid at LBs (makes sense). But mostly, we've botched evals and some of the takes are such head scratchers they're evidence that we were doing no evals at all. Loftus is an example. Dillard another. Larry Hope. That other DB that same cycle who transferred out before our first game. Those types of kids getting offers tells you no one was doing any work, or if they were, they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.

Advertisement
Why though? What’s all the suspense about. View attachment 137911
Voguing Strike A Pose GIF

Advertisement
Remind me again why we care about this kid now? Let this thread die.
Because they want traffic on the board. What other reason. Now he could do an about face, but let's be serious he probably will go to Maryland. Either or it's corny as **** but this board is what it is. Can't complain just cannot comment.

It's been a glaring issue since Coker and I've been calling it out since Coker. Coker still benefitted from our rep back then and the staff still had butch learnings and so Coker's evals were generally better than what came since, though I can't give Coker himself any credit for it because he recruited off lists. But since then, it's been down-hill. Stoutland was a good OL evaluator. Dorito was actually solid at LBs (makes sense). But mostly, we've botched evals and some of the takes are such head scratchers they're evidence that we were doing no evals at all. Loftus is an example. Dillard another. Larry Hope. That other DB that same cycle who transferred out before our first game. Those types of kids getting offers tells you no one was doing any work, or if they were, they didn't know what they were supposed to be doing.
I believe u are speaking about Nate Dortch....................our whole eval department is ****. I havent trusted our evals even if guys are 7 star players. I have to see them perform in college first before I judge.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back