TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
I believe u are speaking about Nate Dortch....................our whole eval department is ****. I havent trusted our evals even if guys are 7 star players. I have to see them perform in college first before I judge.
I think it was actually Vernon Davis! But that just highlights how bad it was because forgot about Dortch.

The sad thing is, I know exactly when I concluded our eval process was a disaster. It was the day we took a commitment from Dave Howell (that DT under Coker) - a year before his signing day, so not a scramble of a back up plan - when everyone who actually knew local fb and watched him play was like WTF. I said so on the old canestime recruiting board back then and been a broke record since then. We do not do evals right. We don't have a good process to do it, either. It's been obvious. It ain't fixed. And don't get me wrong - evals are hard to get truly great at. But we'd do ourselves a lot of good if we could just stop taking kids who those in the know unanimously agree are totally and completely unqualified. Just that would help our average talent level and useful roster improve. The other thing is avoid kids who aren't committed to the work. And know what you want to prioritize by position. I'd say we're bad at all those things.

I think it was actually Vernon Davis! But that just highlights how bad it was because forgot about Dortch.

The sad thing is, I know exactly when I concluded our eval process was a disaster. It was the day we took a commitment from Dave Howell (that DT under Coker) - a year before his signing day, so not a scramble of a back up plan - when everyone who actually knew local fb and watched him play was like WTF. I said so on the old canestime recruiting board back then and been a broke record since then. We do not do evals right. We don't have a good process to do it, either. It's been obvious. It ain't fixed. And don't get me wrong - evals are hard to get truly great at. But we'd do ourselves a lot of good if we could just stop taking kids who those in the know unanimously agree are totally and completely unqualified. Just that would help our average talent level and useful roster improve. The other thing is avoid kids who aren't committed to the work. And know what you want to prioritize by position. I'd say we're bad at all those things.
It amazes me some of this website has better evals then our football department. Your right when the majority of people agree a kid is good especially from sfla then hes probably good. We have been terrible at all those things and closing as well even when we close on duds we still cant close at times.

Advertisement
It amazes me some of this website has better evals then our football department. Your right when the majority of people agree a kid is good especially from sfla then hes probably good. We have been terrible at all those things and closing as well even when we close on duds we still cant close at times.
It's almost a perfect record - when the people who really know local football all say a kid is terrible, he's always terrible. And when they all say he's a baller, he's always a baller. It's unbelievable that our staffs have taken kids over the years that all the locals said weren't good -- and the locals were always right. And when a few of the locals with an eye for talent and knowledge of the kids and programs praise a kid, they're almost always right in my memory. If our staffs only read these boards, they'd know more!

I get excited about kids but at the end of the day when they get here the ranking means absolute ****. U start out as a high rated HS playing against young men now. I can't tell the future but our pattern has been get high rated recruit....high rated recruit doesn't live up to UM standards of old.
You never answered my question an LOL at you thinking that Brinson can't get separation

You never answered my question an LOL at you thinking that Brinson can't get separation
It's possible that he can't...possible mean it's possible. Y do u get tight about anything negative your so soft...I laugh at these posts you the funniest dude on here. Lol

I'm not going back n forth with u cause I know u lean on Manny's dik so no point in speaking football when your a died hard homer. I like replying to dudes who look at both sides not get offended like some fairy about another person's point of view.

Advertisement
It's almost a perfect record - when the people who really know local football all say a kid is terrible, he's always terrible. And when they all say he's a baller, he's always a baller. It's unbelievable that our staffs have taken kids over the years that all the locals said weren't good -- and the locals were always right. And when a few of the locals with an eye for talent and knowledge of the kids and programs praise a kid, they're almost always right in my memory. If our staffs only read these boards, they'd know more!
Facts I don't get why they don't just ask the people of sfla...I would never ask the coaches cause there job is to get there kid a scholly I get that. But your right most people know when they suck or if they are a baller. Never understood why we didn't get Elijah Moore....the list goes on and on of us spurning ballers or not doing enough to get them here.

Facts I don't get why they don't just ask the people of sfla...I would never ask the coaches cause there job is to get there kid a scholly I get that. But your right most people know when they suck or if they are a baller. Never understood why we didn't get Elijah Moore....the list goes on and on of us spurning ballers or not doing enough to get them here.
Elijah Moore woulda come here. Richt wanted that Ezzard kid.

Advertisement
Advertisement
i told james coley over and over to get Golden to offer DJ Moore but they wanted Chatman (we knew was never coming) and cager. DJ became a 1 st round. Coley was a solid dude at recruiting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back