TerrEnce not TerrAnce Lewis 1.0 - 5.0 (merged) - Picks Maryland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flip side is he has been saying an emphatic not happening for literal months now. I can imagine repeating yourself becomes a tiring exercise.
I guess we will soon find out but this seems like a very dynamic and fluid situation based upon the recent decomittment and news that staff is reciprocating communication. When is the early signing period?
People need to relax , it’s not over, let’s wait until after nsd before destroying them on a failure that hasn’t happened.
I am very relaxed my friend and I never "destroyed them", whoever them is. Also, I never discussed failure. Maybe you directed your quote to another poster. All I stated was that the situation is "very dynamic and fluid", that is all.

Advertisement
I guess we will soon find out but this seems like a very dynamic and fluid situation based upon the recent decomittment and news that staff is reciprocating communication. When is the early signing period?

I am very relaxed my friend and I never "destroyed them", whoever them is. Also, I never discussed failure. Maybe you directed your quote to another poster. All I stated was that the situation is "very dynamic and fluid", that is all.
It was to everyone not aimed at one person. I guess you were the one I clicked earlier

Advertisement

@88 very mixed impressions from his film. A lot of promising traits and natural ability but also very raw technique.

Obviously his athleticism is exceptional even for an undersized prospect. Great closing speed is something you expect but he's also extremely agile and fluid in his hips. He comes to balance very easily and is very comfortable in space either flipping his hips on zone drops or turning with his man on a 2-way go. From a pure athleticism standpoint I think it's fair to compare him to Lavonte David.

Also like David he excels at keeping clean from blocks and does it despite having raw footwork and sporadic hand use. He's just very intuitive about space/leverage and such a smooth athlete that he always puts himself in position to find the ball. He can elude blocks laterally or initiate contact to protect his frame. It's the LB equivalent of what Kamara or Dalvin do to reduce contact as runners between the tacklers.

The biggest concern - where it all goes wrong - is his tackling. He's exclusively a lunge/cut tackler and backs will routinely bounce off his attempts until he cleans that up and starts hitting with his shoulder. He also has raw footwork especially with his initial steps after the snap. He relies on his natural ability to overcome those inefficiencies. I didn't see anything glaringly positive or negative with his diagnostic skills. He's an aggressive blitzer and when he's not blitzing he's patient in his gap as he waits to confirm what he sees. I didn't notice a lag to his play and maybe with experience and film study he can become more urgent with his reads like his aforementioned athletic counterpart David.

With a year of development he can be an elite modern weakside backer. At a minimum he will be an excellent coverage backer, and could certainly play Striker at Miami if necessary. It pains me to say but he's more likely to develop at a school like LSU than with the 3 stooges on Miami's defensive staff.

You’re the 2nd person in the last day to bring this up and I’m amazed that you guys think Texas (the other guy) or Auburn (you) would take the Miami OC, who’s never been a HC, and give him those jobs right now. These are some of the top HC jobs in the country.
Yea Miami is the only top school that hires first time coaches...lol

I may have missed it but he's not signing early right? I wonder what a defensive staff change would do to his recruitment? I expect changes on that side of the ball after the season.

Advertisement
Advertisement
LCE been saying this whole time he ain't coming.

Nothing Lewis has said or done should make anyone think differently.
At this point..Its LCE vs TouchMoney26...

(That said, when LCE is THIS quiet, something is up behind the scenes that he cant speak on. He never has any issues coming out and slamming the door shut if he has to. Even if its 100 times. Trust me, I know..He did it with Justin Flowe when I was still trying to hold on to hope..LOL)

Advertisement
At this point..Its LCE vs TouchMoney26...

(That said, when LCE is THIS quiet, something is up behind the scenes that he cant speak on. He never has any issues coming out and slamming the door shut if he has to. Even if its 100 times. Trust me, I know..He did it with Justin Flowe when I was still trying to hold on to hope..LOL)

LCE vs Touchmoney26 is like Hagler vs Hearns. What a matchup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back