Terrence Lewis decommits

I am currently reading up on the story about Willie Williams. Surely, I can see a lot of parallels. Incredibly gifted, a natural playing football. Maybe Williams was even more nuts from a football perspective.

The biggest parallel I see here, is: Williams needed counseling and guidance, because no one gave him that growing up. To me, Lewis looks eerily similar. The fact that he transfers a lot and seems to draw a lot of attention tells me that he does not get enough recognition in his private life and there arent too many people around him that give him a smack on the head when he does something wrong (which makes me glad that I have a father who never really had to whip me - his stare was enough to keep me straight).

Williams did not have that at any point. The difference between Williams and Lewis is that Williams was celebrated until his stuff came out. He was hyped and hyped and hyped and felt that no one could do him wrong, and when he did, he expected to be untouchable and that his fans would continue to celebrate him. They didnt and they left him alone and they still are leaving him alone.

If you take a chance on Lewis, you better have a very very strict plan ready to go. Classes, meetings, practices, he needs to be there early and ready to go. He has a counselor to speak to if he needs them and his teammates need to have an eye on him as well.

If he screws up: Bye.

I am not in favor or against taking him. Mario usually smells bull**** from a mile away, so if they sit down and he smells it, he wont take him.

Willie like T2 had a boatload of advisors…you know why? Bc kids that talented ALWAYS have good advisors trying to help them. They simply don’t GAF‼️

Advertisement
Advertisement
All that is dead , he went to Maryland kept his head down didn’t get in any trouble went to class the only true concern is his health and can he get back to a 100% we need LBs if he is healthy enough he will start day 1

And then he left Maryland high and dry. That seems to be his M.O. Honestly is there a school, team or program in his life that has benefitted from having him on the team? I am really turned off by his recent me tweets. If this kid hasn't been humbled by now, I just don't see it getting turned around anytime soon.

All this said, I am a guy on my laptop. I trust Mario to make these decisions. But I am CERTAINLY not going to criticize the staff if they don't pursue or take him.

Last edited:
Because of Manny.... **** near any LB with a pulse is a take. At the very least, you bring him in for depth. We know he's talented when healthy. ESD is here and February is right around the corner. We have 1 LB committed....

And then he left Maryland high and dry. That seems to be his M.O. Honestly is there a school, team or program in his life that has benefitted from having him on the team? I am really turned off my his recent me tweets. If this kid hasn't been humbled by now, I just don't see it getting turned around anytime soon.

All this said, I am a guy on my laptop. I trust Mario to make these decisions. But I am CERTAINLY not going to criticize the staff if they don't pursue or take him.
If he was a one-year rental who had previous college success under his belt, I’d be more positive about it. But I don’t see this kid keeping it together for 3-4 years.

I feel like the same people who are saying T2 will be an issue were the same people who said that about Gerald Willis.

He is surrounding himself with people who will hold him accountable because he will respect them as his peer group. We have a young team of guys who wont let him get out of hand.

Ultimately, I dont think he ends up here because thats just too good to be true IMO. We cant be that lucky to get T2 back and get WB as well to go with Chase Smith and Keontra Smith. I just dont believe we are that lucky with all the great fortune we have had lately.

Advertisement
I was just listening to Flo's podcast this afternoon. He said there is interest on Miami's part and he has heard that Mario is going to sit down with T2 and speak to him in person. He'll either give him the go ahead to commit or not....

I think this is the key. You heard it in Mario's intro press conference. Mario will be the final judge on personality/character fits.

If he was a one-year rental who had previous college success under his belt, I’d be more positive about it. But I don’t see this kid keeping it together for 3-4 years.

And people think this is Monopoly money - we only have so many counters. You only get to sign so many kids. For every questionable guy you take a risk on, that's one kid who you are pretty sure will be a solid citizen and player for four years you have to turn down. I am approaching this strictly from an ROI perspective. It's not personal. I just don't believe he will pan out here. ****, if he were the greatest kid on the block you might turn him away just because of his three major injuries to date. He can't stay healthy.

Mario or a respected staff member/coach should take him to talk with Willie Williams, then Jesse Armstead and/or Ray Lewis. Then interview him afterwards 1on 1 and see what he thinks, let him do all the talking. Then Mario will know what to do, from what T2 says and picked up.

This is very serious stuff (life). He needs to make a decision about how he wants to do it, right now.

Last edited:
Advertisement
And people think this is Monopoly money - we only have so many counters. You only get to sign so many kids. For every questionable guy you take a risk on, that's one kid who you are pretty sure will be a solid citizen and player for four years you have to turn down. I am approaching this strictly from an ROI perspective. It's not personal. I just don't believe he will pan out here. ****, if he were the greatest kid on the block you might turn him away just because of his three major injuries to date. He can't stay healthy.

Well we get 32 IC's this year (yes I know slightly less because we counted some kids forward). The question then becomes do you have 32 "quality" IC's Then if numbers are tight and you have a decision to make of either having (1) a kid like Brantley, die hard Cane, good connections, good locker room guy, but prob not much of an on field impact; (2) some random low ranked kid that likely never plays (Jeff James, Tre Johnson, Tyric Martin) or (3) talented kid that might not make an impact due to off field concerns (injury, behavior, grades, w/e the reason).

Which one are you taking?

You mention ROI but options 1 or 2 likely do not net much, 1 much more than 2, and to think that you are going to get 32 guys of equal or better talent than someone like a T2 is unlikely just based on history of recruiting classes in general.

Last edited:
Advertisement
With that type of talent and in an area of need, you give him a chance. Short leash however.

Advertisement
Back