Terrence Lewis decommits

All that is dead , he went to Maryland kept his head down didn’t get in any trouble went to class the only true concern is his health and can he get back to a 100% we need LBs if he is healthy enough he will start day 1

And then he left Maryland high and dry. That seems to be his M.O. Honestly is there a school, team or program in his life that has benefitted from having him on the team? I am really turned off by his recent me tweets. If this kid hasn't been humbled by now, I just don't see it getting turned around anytime soon.

All this said, I am a guy on my laptop. I trust Mario to make these decisions. But I am CERTAINLY not going to criticize the staff if they don't pursue or take him.
 
Last edited:
Because of Manny.... **** near any LB with a pulse is a take. At the very least, you bring him in for depth. We know he's talented when healthy. ESD is here and February is right around the corner. We have 1 LB committed....
 
And then he left Maryland high and dry. That seems to be his M.O. Honestly is there a school, team or program in his life that has benefitted from having him on the team? I am really turned off my his recent me tweets. If this kid hasn't been humbled by now, I just don't see it getting turned around anytime soon.

All this said, I am a guy on my laptop. I trust Mario to make these decisions. But I am CERTAINLY not going to criticize the staff if they don't pursue or take him.
If he was a one-year rental who had previous college success under his belt, I’d be more positive about it. But I don’t see this kid keeping it together for 3-4 years.
 
I feel like the same people who are saying T2 will be an issue were the same people who said that about Gerald Willis.

He is surrounding himself with people who will hold him accountable because he will respect them as his peer group. We have a young team of guys who wont let him get out of hand.

Ultimately, I dont think he ends up here because thats just too good to be true IMO. We cant be that lucky to get T2 back and get WB as well to go with Chase Smith and Keontra Smith. I just dont believe we are that lucky with all the great fortune we have had lately.
 
I was just listening to Flo's podcast this afternoon. He said there is interest on Miami's part and he has heard that Mario is going to sit down with T2 and speak to him in person. He'll either give him the go ahead to commit or not....

I think this is the key. You heard it in Mario's intro press conference. Mario will be the final judge on personality/character fits.
 
If he was a one-year rental who had previous college success under his belt, I’d be more positive about it. But I don’t see this kid keeping it together for 3-4 years.

And people think this is Monopoly money - we only have so many counters. You only get to sign so many kids. For every questionable guy you take a risk on, that's one kid who you are pretty sure will be a solid citizen and player for four years you have to turn down. I am approaching this strictly from an ROI perspective. It's not personal. I just don't believe he will pan out here. ****, if he were the greatest kid on the block you might turn him away just because of his three major injuries to date. He can't stay healthy.
 
Mario or a respected staff member/coach should take him to talk with Willie Williams, then Jesse Armstead and/or Ray Lewis. Then interview him afterwards 1on 1 and see what he thinks, let him do all the talking. Then Mario will know what to do, from what T2 says and picked up.

This is very serious stuff (life). He needs to make a decision about how he wants to do it, right now.
 
Last edited:
And people think this is Monopoly money - we only have so many counters. You only get to sign so many kids. For every questionable guy you take a risk on, that's one kid who you are pretty sure will be a solid citizen and player for four years you have to turn down. I am approaching this strictly from an ROI perspective. It's not personal. I just don't believe he will pan out here. ****, if he were the greatest kid on the block you might turn him away just because of his three major injuries to date. He can't stay healthy.

Well we get 32 IC's this year (yes I know slightly less because we counted some kids forward). The question then becomes do you have 32 "quality" IC's Then if numbers are tight and you have a decision to make of either having (1) a kid like Brantley, die hard Cane, good connections, good locker room guy, but prob not much of an on field impact; (2) some random low ranked kid that likely never plays (Jeff James, Tre Johnson, Tyric Martin) or (3) talented kid that might not make an impact due to off field concerns (injury, behavior, grades, w/e the reason).

Which one are you taking?

You mention ROI but options 1 or 2 likely do not net much, 1 much more than 2, and to think that you are going to get 32 guys of equal or better talent than someone like a T2 is unlikely just based on history of recruiting classes in general.
 
Last edited:
With that type of talent and in an area of need, you give him a chance. Short leash however.
 
And then he left Maryland high and dry. That seems to be his M.O. Honestly is there a school, team or program in his life that has benefitted from having him on the team? I am really turned off by his recent me tweets. If this kid hasn't been humbled by now, I just don't see it getting turned around anytime soon.

All this said, I am a guy on my laptop. I trust Mario to make these decisions. But I am CERTAINLY not going to criticize the staff if they don't pursue or take him.
Mario doesn't need this kind of distraction. He'll be able to recruit higher quality kids, not those with major question marks.
 
Back
Top