Terrell Chatman commits

Tom Luginbill from Espn take on Chatman:

The Hurricanes have picked up ESPN 300 wide receiver Terrell Chatman. Read on to see what the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, native can add to Miami's attack:

What he brings: Chatman shows rubber band-like flexibility as an athlete. Possesses terrific height on a loose but very slender frame. He's a run-and-catch guy. At his best once he's down field and the ball is thrown up. It doesn't matter if he's covered. Absolutely catches everything thrown within his area code. Makes the acrobatic grab look routine and does this on a consistent basis. He is a playmaker when the ball is in the air.

How he fits: He is an outside red zone, jump-ball guy for Miami and will provide somewhat of a vertical threat due to his size, flexibility, body control and ball skills, but is not going to be the run-after-catch guy like many of their other current targets in terms of speed and make-you-miss ability. With further added bulk and strength he could be a nice complement in the slot as well. We see Chatman as an outside receiving threat.

Reminds us of: Cameron Sims, Alabama. Ball skills and lanky, flexible movements are what make both Chatman and Sims so dangerous when the ball is thrown up. These are the type of guys who can contort their bodies while elevated to adjust to contested matchups when covered and come down with the spectacular catch and think it is no big deal.

And Sims was a steal for Bama, if he's anything close to sims I'll take it.

Advertisement
Chatman reminds me of another Louisiana WR that wore 87 for The U who turned out to have a really good college career and IMO will walk into the pro football hall of fame some day.
There's nothing similar about Reggie Wayne and this guy ... Just stop

Tom Luginbill from Espn take on Chatman:

The Hurricanes have picked up ESPN 300 wide receiver Terrell Chatman. Read on to see what the Baton Rouge, Louisiana, native can add to Miami's attack:

What he brings: Chatman shows rubber band-like flexibility as an athlete. Possesses terrific height on a loose but very slender frame. He's a run-and-catch guy. At his best once he's down field and the ball is thrown up. It doesn't matter if he's covered. Absolutely catches everything thrown within his area code. Makes the acrobatic grab look routine and does this on a consistent basis. He is a playmaker when the ball is in the air.

How he fits: He is an outside red zone, jump-ball guy for Miami and will provide somewhat of a vertical threat due to his size, flexibility, body control and ball skills, but is not going to be the run-after-catch guy like many of their other current targets in terms of speed and make-you-miss ability. With further added bulk and strength he could be a nice complement in the slot as well. We see Chatman as an outside receiving threat.

Reminds us of: Cameron Sims, Alabama. Ball skills and lanky, flexible movements are what make both Chatman and Sims so dangerous when the ball is thrown up. These are the type of guys who can contort their bodies while elevated to adjust to contested matchups when covered and come down with the spectacular catch and think it is no big deal.

pretty good analysis imo. i think he has the potential to be a solid possession WR and redzone jumpball guy. don't know where people are getting these Irvin, Wayne comparisons from.

pretty good analysis imo. i think he has the potential to be a solid possession WR and redzone jumpball guy. don't know where people are getting these Irvin, Wayne comparisons from.

I agree. A guy like this does a lot to cure an anemic red zone offense. You can take a couple shots per series just throwing it up to him, and it renders the defensive scheme almost irrelevant. He can be like Kelvin Benjamin, just not 40 yrs old in college.

Advertisement
All I'm saying is like Wayne he's not that explosive, he runs good routes, and he attacks the ball. Didn't say I expected this kid to have a similar career to Wayne.

Advertisement
Some excerpts from an interview with Chatman on NOLA.com, which was put up yesterday...

- Wanted to commit to Miami right away after his visit, but had to talk it over with his mom and coaches before finalizing his decision.
- Arizona and Arizona State are still recruiting him hard.
- Doesn't plan on taking any more visits for the summer, but will make official visits to Miami, Arizona, and Arizona State as well as two more schools. Hasn't decided on the other two.
- Commitment to Miami is "solid."
- Has talked to Kevin Henry about playing together at the next level if he flips from LSU. They grew up together and Chatman says it would be cool to play with him in college.

http://videos.nola.com/times-picayu...cu.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

And here's a pic that I don't believe was posted in this thread back when he committed...

16.png
Thanks for the post Terrell "Rubberband" Chatman is a stud!!!

Very interested in this prospect. Look forward to seeing how he pans out this year. Could be a diamond in the rough.

Advertisement
Advertisement
I hope he has a better career than the last WR we got from Lousiana! Byrd was a talented wr, but he seemed to disappear in big games. OR could have suffered from bad QB play....

Advertisement
Back