Terrell Brooks

Extremely "meh" on this. Jethro has 3.5 days left to land some difference makers.

He has 12+ games to prove it. He could bring in Bryant and Bostwick and it won't matter if our DTs and DE through physical and technical development aren't better next season.

Yeah, well, other than Pierre consider me less than impressed in that department as well. Land some f-ing players.

I guess we will just have to wait till NSD to see if you are impressed or not.

Yep. He has 3.5 days. I'm not calling it done yet.

Oh, praise the lord you're not calling it done yet. There is 2 guys, B-Squared. Maybe Al can "Land some f-ing players."

Advertisement
He has 12+ games to prove it. He could bring in Bryant and Bostwick and it won't matter if our DTs and DE through physical and technical development aren't better next season.

Yeah, well, other than Pierre consider me less than impressed in that department as well. Land some f-ing players.

Oh, praise the lord you're not calling it done yet. There is 2 guys, B-Squared. Maybe Al can "Land some f-ing players."

I'm sorry I've offended you Mrs. Franklin.

I can see giving the kansas juco a shot, this kid on film cant even dominate at juco level. I hope he doesnt sign, its a waste of a scholly to me. After watching film, I can understand Lockley but not this kid Seems like a nice guy but not worth it.

I can see giving the kansas juco a shot, this kid on film cant even dominate at juco level. I hope he doesnt sign, its a waste of a scholly to me. After watching film, I can understand Lockley but not this kid Seems like a nice guy but not worth it.

Did he at least stand his ground in the videos you watched, or did he play on skates? Sometimes, you need some big bulls in the middle who might not be in the backfield all day, but they eat up space, occupy blockers, hold the LOS and don't get ragdolled or thrown into the LBs laps making their jobs even tougher. DT is generally not a glory position where guys jump off the screen at you and rack up monster stats. Wilfork's stats are almost always pedestrian, but that dude is considered one of the top 2 or 3 DTs in football every year. Before anyone accuses me of comparing Brooks to Wilfork, go ahead and preemptively EAD.

Did he at least stand his ground in the videos you watched, or did he play on skates? Sometimes, you need some big bulls in the middle who might not be in the backfield all day, but they eat up space, occupy blockers, hold the LOS and don't get ragdolled or thrown into the LBs laps making their jobs even tougher. DT is generally not a glory position where guys jump off the screen at you and rack up monster stats. Wilfork's stats are almost always pedestrian, but that dude is considered one of the top 2 or 3 DTs in football every year. Before anyone accuses me of comparing Brooks to Wilfork, go ahead and preemptively EAD.

My thoughts exactly. People forget that The Plug was actually pretty good in his first year.

Advertisement

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/26271/highlights/35347579

Everyone can judge. You can scroll down and watch his only season at JUCO and his junior and senior years in high school.

My thoughts exactly. People forget that The Plug was actually pretty good in his first year.

We should have higher standards than The Plug. DT's arguably the most important position on the field after QB, and it's the one position on the roster where we haven't upgraded significantly from Shannon's tenure.

We should have higher standards than The Plug. DT's arguably the most important position on the field after QB, and it's the one position on the roster where we haven't upgraded significantly from Shannon's tenure.

We're not looking for someone to start and be an all-conference performer. We need somebody to hold the fort.

Advertisement

Jethro isn't just the DT coach. His/staff recruiting at DE has been good. McCord, Hamilton, Muhammad and Bond the last two seasons.

We're not looking for someone to start and be an all-conference performer.

I don't know what you're looking for out of recruiting but recruiting potential starters and all-conference performers is exactly what I'm looking for. And I'm not talking about in 2013 or even 2014. You don't recruit DTs for the upcoming season.

I have no problem signing the kid as long as Al & Co. know that Keef and/or Bostwick will be Canes

Advertisement

Jethro isn't just the DT coach. His/staff recruiting at DE has been good. McCord, Hamilton, Muhammad and Bond the last two seasons.

That's a pretty good list. I'm discussing DTs at the moment.

Edit - not trying to sound like a jerk, I just didn't know how to phrase the fact that I'm trying to discuss the DT situation, which is his responsibility.

I don't know what you're looking for out of recruiting but recruiting potential starters and all-conference performers is exactly what I'm looking for. And I'm not talking about in 2013 or even 2014. You don't recruit DTs for the upcoming season.

Brooks is being recruited for that exact purpose. Al and company believe they can win big in '13

We're not looking for someone to start and be an all-conference performer. We need somebody to hold the fort.

The guy blocking him was always in the backfield and not able to open a hole for his running back. Did he make sacks and lots of plays no, but he def filled the hole and forced his guy backwards. Looked pretty quick for his size also.

Advertisement

I'm sorry I've offended you Mrs. Franklin.

I think my husband isn't that good of a coach then.

Brooks is being recruited for that exact purpose. Al and company believe they can win big in '13

That's fine, but we'll be needing DTs in 2014 and 2015 as well. It's optimal to sign some stud freshmen and grow them in your system. This is the one position we haven't fortified since Golden got here and the news for this year's recruiting effort has been trending down lately. We need to land difference makers. If we sign Bostwick & Keef on Wednesday that'll be fantastic and a welcome change.... I'll be thrilled. I'm not calling it quits just yet. But - I'm concerned. Every coach on this staff has - to some degree - proven themselves. We need Jethro to show value. Our DL looked horrendous last year and we've yet to land a stud DT since he got here.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back