Tempo vs Pro Style

Canesfreak89

Redshirt Freshman
I find it comical that most all cane fans want urban as our coach but a lot of them don't want tempo offense. When we replace golden would you guys not like to hire a tempo guy because most of the names I hear everyone say for replacement are pro style coaches.

Advertisement
Miami's talent base is made for tempo. Tempo in this weather would be devastating for other teams.

If we want to keep the top talent home it wouldn't hurt to play a style of football that they love and would excel in.

Last edited:
Scott Frost is very intriguing to me, that offense with South Fla athletes would be lethal

Advertisement
I'd like to see what Todd Herman does this year at University of Houston potentially an excellent coach in my opinion. Plus he would have at least one year of head-coaching experience under his belt

Advertisement
As long as the spread is representative of the types of concepts they use on Sunday's, I'm in. Just don't want to turn into a gimmick type spread ala Oregon.

Last edited:
As long as the spread is representative of the types of concepts they use on Sunday's, I'm in. Just don't want to turn into a gimmick type spread ala Oregon.

Gimmick? How's a team going 12-1 every year in the second best conference running a gimmick offense?

How's Chip Kelly putting up crazy stats in the nfl with a gimmick offense?

I've yet to have somebody explain the " gimmick " part of that offense . Bill Belichik and Urban Meyer have traveled to Oregon to learn Chips principles .

If it was a gimmick it would've fizzled out years ago.

Gimmick? How's a team going 12-1 every year in the second best conference running a gimmick offense?

How's Chip Kelly putting up crazy stats in the nfl with a gimmick offense?

I've yet to have somebody explain the " gimmick " part of that offense . Bill Belichik and Urban Meyer have traveled to Oregon to learn Chips principles .

If it was a gimmick it would've fizzled out years ago.

Agree. The game is changing and were being left behind. All the players here excel in these type of systems

Lol please. Who gives a **** about what concepts they use on Sundays so long as the Miami Hurricanes are winning football games.

Advertisement

Lol please. Who gives a **** about what concepts they use on Sundays so long as the Miami Hurricanes are winning football games.

Mcgahee2thehouse just makes way to much sense. Bravo!!

I would love an Auburn/Ohio State style offense, I don't think the school itself would because our main selling point is how many kids we put in the league. The main thing people argue about with those offenses is that they are not "pro ready".

I would love an Auburn/Ohio State style offense, I don't think the school itself would because our main selling point is how many kids we put in the league. The main thing people argue about with those offenses is that they are not "pro ready".

Every team runs some spread or tempo. Even Alabama was running tempo and tons of spread principles.

The Nfl is spread happy now, wr's all over the field causing matchup issues. So how could playing in a spread hurt chances at the next level?

If you're good the league will find you, no matter the scheme.

Last edited:
Advertisement
@ the dude

We ran a spread and won 2 nattys with Erickson. Fact. it was under center mostly but a spread offense.
Offenses have running concepts and passing concepts... So that leads to Oregon ond Ohio St and GT run extremely similar run offenses. Fact. Whether shotgun, pistol or under center their run is based off of deception. The option. Fact.

I like the spread because it SIMPLIFIES reads for the offense by dictating numbers in the box. Fact. That is why teams destroy us.(in base and in space = swiss cheese defense). If u spread out the defense horizontally it does 2 things. 1st it determines their personnel. If they stay base u have mismatches (against more WR) OR more space to exploit . 2nd if they go nickel or even 6 DBs it opens running lanes.

You can run ANY passing concepts from ANY formations with ANY personnel. FACT.

Tempo isn't always the spread and spread doesn't always mean tempo. BUT if your defenders have to defend 54 yds across and 80 yds up and down, why not speed it up. Fatigue increases mistakes. Fact.

Advertisement
Back