Telling stat on discipline

Advertisement
Penalties, while not a perfect indicator, can reflect discipline. New England regularly ranks in the Top 5 under Bill Belichick, for example.

I wanted to see how this applied to our coaches. The data on penalty yardage per game goes back to 2003 and tells an interesting story.

Larry Coker led an undisciplined group. Miami ranked 112, climbed to 82, then dropped back to 102 and 107.

Randy Shannon cleaned things up at first. In his first year, the team jumped sixty places to 47. It steadied at 48 the next year, and then dropped to 80 before bottoming out at 115.

Al Golden followed a similar path. In his first year, the team jumped 85 places to 30. It was 76 the next year, then 45. When the team gave up on Golden, it got ugly. We were 111 in '14 and then 128 (last in the nation) the year he got fired.

Mark Richt's path was steadier. The initial jump from last place was modest (ten spots to 118) before a meaningful to leap to 45 which sustained at 48.

Manny Diaz is the most consistent of the group. Not in a good way. When Manny replaced Richt, we dropped almost sixty spots to 103, dropped again to 112 and currently sit at 113 in the nation.
Incredible indictment indicating lack of leadership.

Advertisement
Real question...if yall don't respect Manny Diaz, why in the fvck would the players that play for this clown?

I wouldn't give a fvck what this man says, he's a token South Florida ****alorum shyster. Everything this man does it ******* ****. He's a Miami Building Inspector that sees the cracks in the cement, looks at the blueprint and sees the building is not up to code, visually sees the building starting to tilt and re-certifies it. He's a bum.

Agreed my man

We’ve got some really good young players

Gotta save em
Our Canes, perhaps, have early progression players with potential.

Unfortunately it has been made painfully clear the current staff can't develop the natural talent into something greater.

Real question...if yall don't respect Manny Diaz, why in the fvck would the players that play for this clown?

I wouldn't give a fvck what this man says, he's a token South Florida ****alorum shyster. Everything this man does it ******* ****. He's a Miami Building Inspector that sees the cracks in the cement, looks at the blueprint and sees the building is not up to code, visually sees the building starting to tilt and re-certifies it. He's a bum.
That settles it then.

Advertisement
HC blaming DC and DC blaming HC
1632304162871.jpeg

Advertisement
Agree with this, and discipline I think stems from manny wanting a “player led” team (he stated this many times). These kids in south FL, they can’t be player led. That’s a proven fact.

Need to be a bit of a hard *** to get **** right, and that’s a major place I think manny got it wrong. Player led is bull****.

Advertisement
Stuff like Quincy Roche lining up offside on 4th down the 1st time Clemson had the ball last year. KILLER penalty. Saban would have blistered paint off the walls for that and Manny just did basically nothing.
This is one of the biggest frustrations while watching. I always like more discipline in the team as a whole, but I think what bothers me even more, is when penalties are committed in crucial situations, which seems to happen often (e.g., an unsportsmanlike call after successfully stopping the other side on a crucial 3rd or 4th down, a holding call by someone completely away from the action negating a 30 TD run, an offsides call giving the opposition a crucial first down, etc.)

In crucial situations, I just wish the captains on the field, or have someone call a timeout, and have coaches reemphasize the exact things you CANNOT do in these situations (i.e., can't fumble, can't lose your cool, etc.).

Is it ok to post content from Scoop the Us YouTube? Brandon Meriweather has a few nuggets about Manny.

Advertisement
Back