TELL ME AGAIN WHY YOU WANT RICHT

crossover22[]_[];2401463 said:
crossover22[]_[];2401228 said:
Because he is a top 10 coach in the country.

He certainly isn't.

Show me 10 better over the last 10 years. Ill wait

A random period of time IRRELEVANT. Here are 10 better coaches in college today (not in any order):

1. Harbaugh
2. Urban
3. Saban
4. Patterson
5. Briles
6. Gundy
7. Dantonio
8. B. Stoops
9. Fisher
10. Shaw

Honorable Mention: McElwain

NAILED IT!

Advertisement
In, I have a feeling cross the wake forest fan is going to try and put both of his feet in his mouth with his astounding stupidity!

By the way, did you guys know pit bulls were bred to watch over babies?

Grabs popcorn!

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh wow. 7 years as a reference. That's not skewed or anything.

The previous 7 years he won 13, 11, 10, 10, 9, 11 & 10 games. I wonder why that wasn't included.

Why should it? HE AINT DOING IT NOW.

HE GOT STRIPPED OF HIS PLAY CALLING & SOME DECISIONS BY THE NEW AD IN 2007.

Stripped of Play Calling by the AD?.......Get your head checked for believing that foolishness! LMAO at you!

Just bc you use large font doesn't make your point any valid. Him not being allowed to call plays is well known.

PROVES HE IS SOFT!

Folden was more of a Man than Richt! Folden did not let the AD force him to fire Dorito!

Mark is Soft!

People crack me up when they bring up butch at UNC, it's almost like they aren't bright enough to understand butch took over a team that was averaging 4 wins a season the 4 years before he got there.

Advertisement
You guys will gripe and moan about anything. Do you have any idea how encouraging everything we've been hearing over the past few days is? This is the same administration that settled with Coker, Shannon, and Golden. Now we've got a very solid football coach who kids love in the mix (Richt), the fan favorite/ opinion which the school actually listened to and who all of you drooled over (Butch), and a guy like Mullen whose done exceptional work over at MSU. THIS SCHOOL CARES AGAIN.

People crack me up when they bring up butch at UNC, it's almost like they aren't bright enough to understand butch took over a team that was averaging 4 wins a season the 4 years before he got there.

I'm a Butch guy but the criticism is fair. Personally I don't see his UNC tenure as a failure but it's definitely not a positive either. The fact is he an extremely flawed candidate with a high ceiling (but tons of baggage).

He has no leverage. He won't be taking other jobs. We can afford to slow play him, target other coaches & always come back to him. As long as they really give him a look, I'm ok with how they're handling it.

Advertisement
This board is spectacular. In the last week I have seen anti Chip Kelly and anti Mark Richt posts. There are also anti mullen, anti butch and anti herman post. WOW

It really is incredible, no matter who we get half the people will be upset.

I'm a Butch guy but the criticism is fair. Personally I don't see his UNC tenure as a failure but it's definitely not a positive either. The fact is he an extremely flawed candidate with a high ceiling (but tons of baggage).

He has no leverage. He won't be taking other jobs. We can afford to slow play him, target other coaches & always come back to him. As long as they really give him a look, I'm ok with how they're handling it.

the criticism is that that he didn't win any divison/conference titles at UNC.. that's just silly considering the starting point.

the criticism is that that he didn't win any divison/conference titles at UNC.. that's just silly considering the starting point.

Plus, the Academic Scandal, which dates back to 1993, blew up and killed his 2010 season....Yet he still won 8 games

crossover22[]_[];2401569 said:

He certainly isn't.

A random period of time IRRELEVANT. Here are 10 better coaches in college today (not in any order):

1. Harbaugh
2. Urban
3. Saban
4. Patterson
5. Briles
6. Gundy
7. Dantonio
8. B. Stoops
9. Fisher
10. Shaw

Youre kidding right.

Why would he be?

Those coaches are all better then current Richt. What Richt did 10-15 years ago doesn't matter right now, he isn't that guy anymore.

Honest question, how many UGA games have you watched in the last 3 years?

Advertisement
He certainly isn't.

1. Harbaugh
2. Urban
3. Saban
4. Patterson
5. Briles
6. Gundy
7. Dantonio
8. B. Stoops
9. Fisher
10. Shaw

Youre kidding right.

Why would he be?

Those coaches are all better then current Richt. What Richt did 10-15 years ago doesn't matter right now, he isn't that guy anymore.

Honest question, how many UGA games have you watched in the last 3 years?

10-15 years matter when you're not a top 10 coach today. It is as simple as that.

He certainly isn't.

1. Harbaugh
2. Urban
3. Saban
4. Patterson
5. Briles
6. Gundy
7. Dantonio
8. B. Stoops
9. Fisher
10. Shaw

Youre kidding right.

Not at all.

No the criticism is he never improved on his record after the first year. Can't really defend that.

Advertisement

No the criticism is he never improved on his record after the first year. Can't really defend that.

After his second year.

I think the criticism stems from having one of the most talented teams in the coastal and not having a winning record in conference (or a season).

Plus, the Academic Scandal, which dates back to 1993, blew up and killed his 2010 season....Yet he still won 8 games

On July 15, 2010, ESPN reported that players at the University of North Carolina were being investigated and interviewed by the NCAA for possible rules violations concerning sports agents and improper gifts.[1] The next day, it was confirmed that certain members of the football team were thought to have received improper gifts from agents,[2] which is not allowed by NCAA rules.[3] Marvin Austin, one of the players suspected in the probe, had made numerous Twitter posts with questionable content,[4] which the NCAA investigated,[5] and he was the first UNC player to be indefinitely suspended, though for violation of team rules, and not the NCAA probe.[6] Butch Davis, the head coach, did not say much about the probe,[7] as he, and many others, expected a quick resolution to the investigation,[8] and he was known for running a clean program.[9] Soon after though, the NCAA began to look at defensive line coach John Blake, his relationship with certain agents,[5][10] and whether or not he had received money from them.[11] He later resigned.[12] Also, former UNC lineman Kentwan Balmer admitted that he had paid for a trip to California for two current players.[13] It soon became apparent that things would be much worse, and 13 players were suspended for the opening game.[14][15] Furthermore, the university launched its own probe, and found academic misconduct within the football team.[16][17]

Academic scandal was only part of it.

Butch never had a winning conference record at UNC. Butch had a 15-17 record in ACC games.

In 15 years at UGA, Richt had 3 seasons with a losing conference record. He has an 85-37 record in SEC games.

Advertisement
Back