Te'Cory Couch and others notes

Advertisement
Chaminade 4-star CB Te'Cory Couch decommitted from Michigan today. Things have changed between him and Miami lately, as well as Miami's CB board, so here's the timeline from what I can piece together.

Timeline

**Last Saturday, a source close to the program said they were on the fence about taking Couch, but UM felt that if they pushed for him, they were extremely confident he would flip to them.

**Sometime earlier this week, Miami decided they were not confident in the way his recruitment was going and pressured Chris Steele to either silently commit or cancel his official visit so Miami could move on. Steele then changed his OV to South Carolina.

**Thursday, Jarvis Brownlee commits to UM.

**On Thursday I was also told by a UM commit to expect a Couch flip soon; however, I wasn't sure if Miami would take it.

**Apparently the time to push for Couch was now, as his decommitment from Michigan today is directly related to UM's renewed interest. Expect a Couch commitment announcement to UM in the next week or so. I was told this take is Miami choosing Couch over Jaden Davis.

It's almost baffling as to why the board at corner has changed multiple times in the past few weeks, so I'm going to work to find out why that is.

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

**Miami is evaluating and changing opinions on certain guys
**Confidence is low in Blades or Bethel since they've hit campus
**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards
**UM believes Richards will ultimately play offense
**Staff is guarding against a potential Brownlee flip
**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals

Again will work to find out what's going on. You'll be the first to know

Dude that type of speculation is terrible.

Advertisement
One thing I do not really worry about in reference to South Florida corner prospects is size. Those MF'rs, big or small, in this area know how to scrap. They've been scrapping against the best skill talent in the nation since they were 6-7 years old and they line up against them all...big tall guys, small slot types, prototype flanker types...doesn't matter since Little League and they continue to do so into HS and in the 7 on 7 tourneys and the camps.

Maybe I am biased in all this...but the best DBs I've coached/coordinated for were always small, scrappy kids down here. I'd have them press, too, with no fvcks given.

Chaminade 4-star CB Te'Cory Couch decommitted from Michigan today. Things have changed between him and Miami lately, as well as Miami's CB board, so here's the timeline from what I can piece together.

Timeline

**Last Saturday, a source close to the program said they were on the fence about taking Couch, but UM felt that if they pushed for him, they were extremely confident he would flip to them.

**Sometime earlier this week, Miami decided they were not confident in the way his recruitment was going and pressured Chris Steele to either silently commit or cancel his official visit so Miami could move on. Steele then changed his OV to South Carolina.

**Thursday, Jarvis Brownlee commits to UM.

**On Thursday I was also told by a UM commit to expect a Couch flip soon; however, I wasn't sure if Miami would take it.

**Apparently the time to push for Couch was now, as his decommitment from Michigan today is directly related to UM's renewed interest. Expect a Couch commitment announcement to UM in the next week or so. I was told this take is Miami choosing Couch over Jaden Davis.

It's almost baffling as to why the board at corner has changed multiple times in the past few weeks, so I'm going to work to find out why that is.

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

**Miami is evaluating and changing opinions on certain guys
**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards
**UM believes Richards will ultimately play offense
**Staff is guarding against a potential Brownlee flip
**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals

Again will work to find out what's going on. You'll be the first to know

"**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals "

First of all, Florida went 9-4 and just came off winning the SEC east, just to get your facts straight. So he was afraid of competition so he signed with a team that signed 4 other CB's and was returning Duke Dawson? I'm not sure why you guys just can't admit that we missed on him. There are plenty of other examples where we missed on a guy and he went on to suck, but the argument just doesn't hold for Henderson at this point.

The kid walked out of practice, and instead of being coddled like he expected, he got talked to and that didn’t sit right with him so he fled to some people that would. Those people graciously added 4 wins to his college career. Who would this guy be starting over this year after the guys we brought in? He would be weeded out with that mentality of his.

LOLOLOL. No words needed for this type of "speculation".

Agreed. Doesn’t make sense. Rumph has known Blades for years and I’m sure they have done their homework on Bethel. Not to mention, they just got here. How excited or disappointed can they actually be?

Advertisement
The only thing that makes any sense out of all this is that Rumph has zero confidence recruiting anyone, which is understandable. He knows if he screws up at CB this season he’ll be fired and likely never coach at a high caliber program again.
Only slurpers would downvote. Even Rumph's kids know this is the truth. He let us down like no other last year. He slow played top prospects expecting to land the Heritage boys he coached and came up with big fat goose egg. It was pathetic watching him like the slurpers tweets defending him when well respected canes bashed him all over twitter on signing day. He knows he messed up or that'd never happened guys.
He's taking these 3 stars now learning from what happened last year. I commend him for that.

Only slurpers would downvote. Even Rumph's kids know this is the truth. He let us down like no other last year. He slow played top prospects expecting to land the Heritage boys he coached and came up with big fat goose egg. It was pathetic watching him like the slurpers tweets defending him when well respected canes bashed him all over twitter on signing day. He knows he messed up or that'd never happened guys.
He's taking these 3 stars now learning from what happened last year. I commend him for that.

Frierson, Ivey, and Blades is a "goose egg"? What a stupid take.

And it seems like we could easily have a CB class of all 4*, Davis, Couch, and Sanguinetti. The staff just is higher on Brownlee and wants to take a chance with Good. That's not called being unable to recruit, it's just having a different board

Yeah we must have gotten scrubs then huh? (4star ivey, 4star frierson and 4star blades ) he completely fvcked up recruiting last cycle.... Man stfu, don’t even know the situation. What other top prospects did he slow play? Hope you ain’t saying Samuel because rumph was trying to recruit him from the get go but Diaz didn’t want a small corner... that’s Diaz fault period

Advertisement
Why didnt we just let steele visit, when he sees the school and players he would probably put us over the gaytors.

The kid never visited. He came down here twice for 7 on 7 and didn't bother to visit campus. Maybe they staff knew they were being played. We see it all the time with these Cali kids wanting that free trip to Miami.

Yeah we must have gotten scrubs then huh? (4star ivey, 4star frierson and 4star blades ) he completely fvcked up recruiting last cycle.... Man stfu, don’t even know the situation. What other top prospects did he slow play? Hope you ain’t saying Samuel because rumph was trying to recruit him from the get go but Diaz didn’t want a small corner... that’s Diaz fault period

The ONLY CB Rumph recruited and landed was Blades. Who was a complete shoe in to UM and even he decommited at one point. Ivey and Frierson were all Banda.

Advertisement
Lol at “stating facts “
It is a fact. Go look at 247 under Gil and Ivey. Banda recruited both these kids. The coaches don't want Rumph in the same zip code until after signing day. Rumph is a secondary recruiter at his own position. You can't make this stuff up.

Clueless...but stating facts. It's been well documented Banda was the primary recruiter for Gil and Ivey. #Broke
You are wrong, Brooklyndee and tee3000 who are in the know have stated other wise especially with Gilbert, you can say whatever you want about Campbell and surtain but don’t act like rumph just sat on his hands and had no part in recruiting frierson or Ivey because that’s far from the case period

Advertisement
Back