Te'Cory Couch and others notes

See! This is what I don’t get about these young kids from So Fla.

These other schools want their services, but as soon as they waiver, they’re thugs. I’ve heard this from UGA, Bama, UF, FSU, and OSU fans.

Yes, we def go in on them talking bout how weak they are; but never have I heard us call them thugs. Now, if they take the Butts to UF, we just simply remind the world that school just produce some of the most famous criminals on earth. Lol.
I honestly don’t care. If we thugs then we thugs. The players do a lot of good for our community under this coach and we Down here and what anyone else thinks and feels doesn’t matter

Advertisement
Brownlee has played very well for his SFE team this off season. He was one of the best DB at the Adidas 7on7 in Cali, an event his team won. Most recruiting experts have agreed that a rankings bump is in store for this kid, and they also say they wouldn't be surprised if he received some big time offers in the coming months. With this kid you can't just go by the tape or what' being said on the internet. Go out and watch the kid play and you'll see he's as good as advertised.

That information is wrong, he weighed 165 at the opening. That 148 was from his sophomore year.

OK I specifically checked 2018, but if you know it for a fact I'll defer. I always like Couch's tape, just was concerned with weight. Some P. Buchannon to his game

Ariz said Banda was recruiting them all season long on the pods with their 7 coach saying the same. Rumph was not the main recruiter. So Ivin's is making this stuff up, too? Rumph sucks at recruiting until proven otherwise. He needs to land some elite fish himself to change that perception. There is ABSOLUTELY ZERO EXCUSES not to land top talent at CB every year in the state of Miami when your the CB coach at Miami. CB is a potentially weak position on the team. That should NEVER happen in MIAMI. OL and QB I get...but CB, no F ing way.
so if Banda is supposed to be our Ace DB recruiter, and Rumph is our technician as a coach, then why the **** does everyone blame Rumph for db recruiting, when literally the entire reason Banda was hired was to recruit?

This is honestly what I don't get. We didn't hire Rumph thinking he'd be a top recruiter, thats why we literally hired another DB coach whose sole responsibility essentially is to recruit. And what happens? guys flip from us like Jobe, and Brian Edwards who BANDA was HEAVILY active in recruiting. or we just don't land them. ....yet everyone wants to blame Rumph. Tell me, if our DB recruiting isn't doing well, what the **** is the point of having Banda on this coaching staff? Rumph has been doing his job - he's been coaching up our guys really well, and theres a bunch of evidence including Corn, Colbert, Mike Jackson, Malik, etc.

Personally I'm not really worried about DB recruiting, but for ppl that are, blaming Rumph is stupid af

Advertisement
Brownlee has played very well for his SFE team this off season. He was one of the best DB at the Adidas 7on7 in Cali, an event his team won. Most recruiting experts have agreed that a rankings bump is in store for this kid, and they also say they wouldn't be surprised if he received some big time offers in the coming months. With this kid you can't just go by the tape or what' being said on the internet. Go out and watch the kid play and you'll see he's as good as advertised.

Honestly even Brownlee's tape, at least his hudl, is pretty **** impressive. I'm just confused how 247 could watch that and have him rated so low. It's even stranger since their lead national recruiting guy was on Miami's site talking about how good the kid is. So yeah, I'm assuming he'll get a pretty big bump soon.

I wouldn't take all 3 of Couch, Davis, and Brownlee, because you want at least 1 CB with size. But I'm good with any combination of 2 of the 3

Boundary or Nickel?

so if Banda is supposed to be our Ace DB recruiter, and Rumph is our technician as a coach, then why the **** does everyone blame Rumph for db recruiting, when literally the entire reason Banda was hired was to recruit?

This is honestly what I don't get. We didn't hire Rumph thinking he'd be a top recruiter, thats why we literally hired another DB coach whose sole responsibility essentially is to recruit. And what happens? guys flip from us like Jobe, and Brian Edwards who BANDA was HEAVILY active in recruiting. or we just don't land them. ....yet everyone wants to blame Rumph. Tell me, if our DB recruiting isn't doing well, what the **** is the point of having Banda on this coaching staff? Rumph has been doing his job - he's been coaching up our guys really well, and theres a bunch of evidence including Corn, Colbert, Mike Jackson, Malik, etc.

Personally I'm not really worried about DB recruiting, but for ppl that are, blaming Rumph is stupid af

Did Banda coach at American Heritage?

Advertisement
What's being done here, on every level, is very embarrassing. Very irresponsible on the CIS staff to put out a speculation piece "like this". Also, for those making comments about Te'cory Couch being too small...how many of you have seen this kid in the last 6 months, if not ever? He's currently 5'10 168. Stop basing your opinions by what you see on the Internet... You're doing more harm than you know by doing this. Also, for those that continue to blame Rumph for our recruiting woes at CB, get your facts straight. A lot of the issues at DB are coming from Diaz and how he's running things, not Rumph. Again please stop going by what you read on the internet.

Nike Football The Opening
These are his numbers from Feburary. He could have put on 20 pounds since then..but I doubt it. He's small but they had to know that from before. He's always been slight...its something they like in him. He has good feet and definitely can run I know that. He's not my preference as a cb.

Honestly even Brownlee's tape, at least his hudl, is pretty **** impressive. I'm just confused how 247 could watch that and have him rated so low. It's even stranger since their lead national recruiting guy was on Miami's site talking about how good the kid is. So yeah, I'm assuming he'll get a pretty big bump soon.

Didn’t he get a small bump since committing? I could be wrong but I thought his composite score before comitting was .84something and now it’s .86

I wouldn't take all 3 of Couch, Davis, and Brownlee, because you want at least 1 CB with size. But I'm good with any combination of 2 of the 3

Oh good, maybe he'll get the offers he really wanted then. Best of luck to the kid!

Did Banda coach at American Heritage?
Or have an elite recruit think of him as a father figure and knew him since he was single digits?

I hope one day he can land an elite recruit so I can get over this. But if Campbell turns into Patrick Peterson I’ll probably never let it go smh.

Advertisement
Or have an elite recruit think of him as a father figure and knew him since he was single digits?

I hope one day he can land an elite recruit so I can get over this. But if Campbell turns into Patrick Peterson I’ll probably never let it go smh.
Campbell has a father. And he apparently liked uga.

Advertisement
Nike Football The Opening
These are his numbers from Feburary. He could have put on 20 pounds since then..but I doubt it. He's small but they had to know that from before. He's always been slight...its something they like in him. He has good feet and definitely can run I know that. He's not my preference as a cb.
I confirmed this info with one of his coaches today. I'll take their word for it and the fact that Michigan coaches also sized him up and wanted him to be a part of their team. He's not my favorite either, my favorite CB this year is Travis Jay (FSU commit) from Madison County, but Carol City kids are ballers for the most part.

Advertisement
Back