Te'Cory Couch and others notes

Stefan Adams

Managing Editor
Premium
Chaminade 4-star CB Te'Cory Couch decommitted from Michigan today. Things have changed between him and Miami lately, as well as Miami's CB board, so here's the timeline from what I can piece together.

Timeline

**Last Saturday, a source close to the program said they were on the fence about taking Couch, but UM felt that if they pushed for him, they were extremely confident he would flip to them.

**Sometime earlier this week, Miami decided they were not confident in the way his recruitment was going and pressured Chris Steele to either silently commit or cancel his official visit so Miami could move on. Steele then changed his OV to South Carolina.

**Thursday, Jarvis Brownlee commits to UM.

**On Thursday I was also told by a UM commit to expect a Couch flip soon; however, I wasn't sure if Miami would take it.

**Apparently the time to push for Couch was now, as his decommitment from Michigan today is directly related to UM's renewed interest. Expect a Couch commitment announcement to UM in the next week or so. I was told this take is Miami choosing Couch over Jaden Davis.

It's almost baffling as to why the board at corner has changed multiple times in the past few weeks, so I'm going to work to find out why that is.

Pure Opinion/Specualtion: There could be multiple reasons why the board has changed.

**Miami is evaluating and changing opinions on certain guys
**Confidence is low in Blades or Bethel since they've hit campus
**UM is not as confident in landing top targets at DB like Stevenson or Richards
**UM believes Richards will ultimately play offense
**Staff is guarding against a potential Brownlee flip
**Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee, or Couch after senior season evals

Again will work to find out what's going on. You'll be the first to know

Advertisement
Advertisement
They don’t know what the **** they doing or want. DB recruiting looking like a circus this year smh

Advertisement
Also seems like they were trying to force some people's hands with the recent commitments... Hopefully they don't backfire

A potential Brownlee flip? To who lol he’s ZUUUUU he ain’t going anywhere. “Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee & Couch after senior season eval”??? Idk why we even accepted Good’s commitment so soon anyways

A potential Brownlee flip? To who lol he’s ZUUUUU he ain’t going anywhere. “Staff is prepared to drop Good, Brownlee & Couch after senior season eval”??? Idk why we even accepted Good’s commitment so soon anyways

I took all of that as seemingly baseless speculation from Stefan

Advertisement
If that’s really the case then my best guess Is it was a way to put pressure on Steele and couch.

Those are some strong speculations @Stefan Adams . You about to have this board in an uproar lol

Have to believe that after the last few cycles the staff is doing what they can to make sure they don't get left with their pants down again. This way you are forcing kids to make a decision fairly early or to at the least truly make them show where The U stand with them and in Steele case it was obvious that we weren't that high. Now we just get Stevenson, Richards and maybe Battle and we good.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Steele was NEVER coming here. Couch is too small IMO, the DB board changing is very weird. You have to think Dent is #1 on the board even though him coming is slim.

Steele was NEVER coming here. Couch is too small IMO, the DB board changing is very weird. You have to think Dent is #1 on the board even though him coming is slim.
Couch is a baller. The only thing holding him back is his frame. If he’s 6’1 he’s a high four star or even a five star prospect. He’s fast, physical, and extremely long. I’d take him any day over Davis good and Brownlee.

All these are guesses, assumptions. Yes good guesses and assumption. But I wouldn't say the coaches don' t know what they are doing. If you're a fan and believe we gone run for a championship, how can you believe that, if you can't believe they don't have a recruiting strategy? That kid Steele could turn around and pull a dj johnson. These are all assumptions

Advertisement
Back