Tebow bad arm but won games....

no. I follow CFB my *****. Tebow was good enough to play at UF as a freshman. And played. Tua was good enough to play at Bama as a freshman. And played. Now, Tate has been in 2 separate QB battles at OSU, lost both. Anywhere he goes he will find talented comp. he came here, and finished 3rd behing 2 talented kids in their own. Too his credit tho he put his head down and tried to find a ways to make a impact here. Props to him. But Unlike CIS, no coaching staff is gonna let you get out performed by two guys at this level of college football then just throw you some reps in the game to see how you react. Especially as a vet..my advice to tate would be to stick it out here. Injuries are apart of the game. Learn from the same coach who coached Tua/Jalen. Keep competing. graduate. Then if u see a opportunity elsewhere make that move

I hope Tate stays too. I’m not sure what his graduation status is, but he’s finishing up his 3rd year in college so he might bounce again. Just sucks seeing the season playing out the way it is.

Advertisement
Who’s the better quarterback....., the one who has a knack for winning games no matter how he looks doing it. Some people just have the it factor for winning. Just saying a pure passer looks good might not win games but a gamer who just has the IT factor could. Does Martel have the IT. Dont know as he hasn’t seen field and saying coaches know best hasn’t worked out thus far. Original thought was Martel in a spread system would possible bring out beat in all.

So is tate kicking field goals too? Is Jarren is the sole reason why we lost those 5 games? Is tate playing defense vs Ga tech?
No but maybe with Martel we would have needed a field goal. Maybe his athleticism could create more opportunities. We need outside the box answers cause what we are doing isn’t working.

No but maybe with Martel we would have needed a field goal. Maybe his athleticism could create more opportunities. We need outside the box answers cause what we are doing isn’t working.
There are plenty of Tate martells. Just not quite as hyped..remember Malik Rosier..oh yes, good times

Can’t tell about Martel- I’m. It a slurper just knew he won in HS, was on OSU. He would have to be better then Rosier.

Advertisement
If we really want the old school Miami attitude, then no one's job is safe. If the top two QBs out of camp are going to each blow games, then next man up. I'm not sure what either QB has accomplished in order to be this insulated from being benched.
I totally agree with you Panama. The problem is Jarren has threatened to transfer more than once (because he wasn't named the starter). The coaches have a tough choice, if Jarren isn't playing well. They can yank him in favor of Kosi or Martell but then Jarren may actually transfer.

I also think it would take time for the offense to gel with Tate as the starter & the results in the first game would probably be comparable in terms of sloppiness of execution to the first couple of games of the season. I don't think Tate is a good enough passer to be effective at the D1 level but I would have liked to have seen him play in the second half of a blowout to really know what we have when the lights are on. I think he would be the best field general, the most inspirational of our QBs (Tate/Kosi/Jarren in that order), the best decision-maker and likely the best with his legs.

I think if Jarren can be a little more of an alpha dog, lead & inspire his teammates more & prepare consistently at the highest level for every opponent, he is probably the best QB of the three. Do you want to risk losing that in favor of playing Tate?

I don't know what the point of this thread is, but if Tate was half as good as Tebow, he'd have been the starter at OSU* or anywhere else in CFB.

And, I cannot stand Tim Tebow and his Filipino circumcising, closet case, statue having ***.

JW almost left the team after being benched too. Anyone with competitive spirit would be ****ed riding the bench for a shltty team
Contemplating transferring and missing practices/games are two different things. I don’t have an issue with transferring. If I did then I would be a hypocrite and dislike Tate & other portal additions. However, we the op stats that he can lead and uplift the team if given the opportunity is where I’m puzzled. He’s dealing with challenges himself where he apparently has to miss practice after becoming 3rd string and not showing up to games. We haven’t heard anything like that from Jarren.

I think we need to come to the realization that he may not be that good. Maybe a g5 school like UNLV or a FCS program.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back