Team Portal Updates

Advertisement
Significantly different is probably a bad term people are using. out of 44 guys it wont be 31 new names and faces.

But I think when we line up next year on both sides of the ball you will see 10-14 guys out of those 44 who change the make up of this team...mixed in with another year of development and hopefully a few other changes that we are all hoping for.

**** I think on defense 1 guy on each level that makes us faster could make the defense top 20 caliber.

Advertisement
Both wideouts rumored to go may have straight-line speed, but are under-developed from a physical standpoint (one particularly). That can't help with blocking, and that's part of their problem. And so is possessing some degree of agility. Was watching a drill this summer where again, this one in particular displayed ZERO versatility/agility. Almost looked fragile running (like a crane), speed w/o burst. Wondered what to do with the kid other than send him on a fly or a post. Gotta bring a little more to the table than speed, skin, and bone. And I'm far from a Gattis apologist. He should be gone too.

0BDDEC6F-83B1-433A-9A0A-E9FF2C3BC280.gif

Advertisement
You think the two deep looks SIGNIFICANTLY different next year?

View attachment 215941
I know for Sure that O-line will def be way different next year. TE will have Arroyo and Skinner and Brantley if he doesn't leave. WR....Im not sure. i think most of the room on you current list might stay the same with a few incoming transfers. But i know the whole offense will have a bunch of new guys. and young guys. Defense well that whole different bag on itself. Positions will be fought for, the D line might stay the same. CB will have new look and maybe even Safeties. a lot to wait on.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Is it a foregone conclusion that TVD bolts to the portal? I feel like he could stick around (Garcia leaves) and we mix in Jacurri sets. Might have something in '23.

Advertisement
Back