Team Portal Updates

We arent losing guys that see much time on the field. Why are THEY indicative of where we are?

Well, because they are the ones competing with the starters, that's what makes you better. If you're going against a bunch of quitting losers who don't want to be here, you're not getting the reps you need to go day in and day out against great teams, which is why we look soft when we get punched in the mouth by a team with a pulse.

Advertisement
I know for Sure that O-line will def be way different next year. TE will have Arroyo and Skinner and Brantley if he doesn't leave. WR....Im not sure. i think most of the room on you current list might stay the same with a few incoming transfers. But i know the whole offense will have a bunch of new guys. and young guys. Defense well that whole different bag on itself. Positions will be fought for, the D line might stay the same. CB will have new look and maybe even Safeties. a lot to wait on.
My point is that i dont “believe” we will see major overhaul in the two deep from portal additions or departures.

WR: Restrepo, young, ladson, jacolby and brashard will probably be the main rotation

TE: Mallory is leaving, there is no surprise in Skinner, Arroyo and Brantley taking over there.

QB: Van Dyke, Brown, Garcia is probably a question

RB: Parish, Citizen, Knighton, Chaney

OL: I really dont know here, perhaps this is where we see the biggest infusion? Seems to be the most important unit to fix

——————————————————

S Kam kitchens
S James Williams
DL: Harvey
DL: Taylor
DL: jackson
DL: kelly
LB: Bisainthe
LB: Flagg
DB: Porter
DB:Couch
DB: Stevenson

I think the above is roughly how things will look. Maybe the depth changes a lot? Ay i could be wrong. But guys say the aforementioned aren’t talented, which i dont believe but we shall see

One poster mentioned getting an much better player at each level, now i can see that. Like if you can get a J Phillips type or a big time linebacker and DB but wholesale changes where the team is unrecognizable? I have to see it to believe it.

My point is that i dont “believe” we will see major overhaul in the two deep from portal additions or departures.

WR: Restrepo, young, ladson, jacolby and brashard will probably be the main rotation

TE: Mallory is leaving, there is no surprise in Skinner, Arroyo and Brantley taking over there.

OL: I really dont know here, perhaps this is where we see the biggest infusion? Seems to be the most important unit to fix

——————————————————

S Kam kitchens
S James Williams

I think the above is roughly how things will look. Maybe the depth changes a lot? Ay i could be wrong. But guys say the aforementioned aren’t talented, which i dont believe but we shall see

One poster mentioned getting an much better player at each level, now i can see that. Like if you can get a J Phillips type or a big time linebacker and DB but wholesale changes where the team is unrecognizable? I have to see it to believe it.
Yea i think Portal aquisitions will be more for Depth than anything. Maybe a DB starter and Dline one as well like you said. QB will be a big ??? until we find out what TVD is doing. We will def see changes but it wont be to the starter's besides the O-Line. that will be the biggest overhaul. its like every coach says game are won in the trenches. we have one side that is really good just gotta fix the Oline

Advertisement
Yea i think Portal aquisitions will be more for Depth than anything. Maybe a DB starter and Dline one as well like you said. QB will be a big ??? until we find out what TVD is doing. We will def see changes but it wont be to the starter's besides the O-Line. that will be the biggest overhaul. its like every coach says game are won in the trenches. we have one side that is really good just gotta fix the Oline

Yup. Them trenches is the biggest area of concern in my eyes. Especially the oline. Which is supposed to be Mario’s wheelhouse.

Advertisement

——————————————————

S Kam kitchens
S James Williams

The coaches could run with that roster but it wouldn't be good enough to win the ACC Coastal, much less make the playoffs. I expect we'll be adding portal kids at nearly every position.

RB: Need a big body other than Citizen to replace Franklin. If Fletcher comes, then maybe not.
TE: Definitely need another top TE, despite bringing 3 in the 2023 class.
WR: 100% need a #1, which none of our starters are, along with a game-breaking speedster. So that's 2 right there.
OT: Losing Campbell and Scaife. Need 2. Can't assume the 2023 kids will be ready to start. And even if they are, they'll need to rotate

... not going to bother enumerating the needs at D as well. Suffice it to say that I expect us to be very active in the portal. 15+ Kids.

Advertisement
The coaches could run with that roster but it wouldn't be good enough to win the ACC Coastal, much less make the playoffs. I expect we'll be adding portal kids at nearly every position.

RB: Need a big body other than Citizen to replace Franklin. If Fletcher comes, then maybe not.
TE: Definitely need another top TE, despite bringing 3 in the 2023 class.
WR: 100% need a #1, which none of our starters are, along with a game-breaking speedster. So that's 2 right there.
OT: Losing Campbell and Scaife. Need 2. Can't assume the 2023 kids will be ready to start. And even if they are, they'll need to rotate

... not going to bother enumerating the needs at D as well. Suffice it to say that I expect us to be very active in the portal. 15+ Kids.
Agree with everything except TE. We dont need a portal TE.

Definately need PORTAL TACKLES.

RB depending on what they get in hs recruiting we may need to go in the portal again

——————————————————

S Kam kitchens
S James Williams

You don't think Mesidor comes back? I could see him staying more than I can Stevenson. Wouldn't mind if both returned though

I know there may be a few players that are really good in the portal but how are we going to find 20 something kids that are in the portal bc they couldn’t cut it at their school?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back