TE Will Mallory runs 200m for first time in HS

Advertisement
Not going to get into measurables, TE or WR debate, but this kid and Jordan are examples our talent levels are getting on par with other top teams and we should be excited that the staff and program can attract top talent like Mallory and Jordan in the same class. Refurbished offense design, better QB and Ol play and we got something special.

Yea, again, him and Brevin Jordan. It’s insane, really. Like a kid not having a penny waking up to a Christmas with all the best toys under the tree you never expected.

What I’d like to know is when he’s coming in. Last weight I saw on Will was 210 and if he’s a legit 6-5 that’s way too light. He’s going to need to get to at least 220-225 of good muscle weight before September.

Brevin’s already husky enough and just needs to get on the program, but Mallory needs the weight gain.

Does anyone know if they’re coming in on that earlier summer session or whatever it’s called?

Advertisement
"Hartley on Mallory: “He can run, he’s got great length. He really reminds you of a young David [Njoku]. He’s a track star like David was, he has unbelievable hands, a great kid, highly intelligent, just a matchup nightmare on the perimeter. You kind of see him – we play our tight ends two different ways, we have one that’s – both of them can be flexed out, both of them can be attached, but I’d say Will will probably be a little more flexed out than Brevin would be, kind of like David was a little more than Chris [Herndon]. He’s an unbelievable route-runner, we saw that at our Paradise Camp. He came here and nobody could cover the dude. He catches everything thrown his way, he’s very intelligent, very smart and he’s a competitor as well. I mean, it really doesn’t get much better than the two kids we got this year.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article191076214.html

Remember to we have Daquris Wiggins who is an EE has run a 200m into a head wind that equated to a 22.22-200m (national HS elite 22.00). As a 2018 EE never got to run in his senior year in track so probably would have met that standard. But entered as the EE at 6-3/175 and has made good progress in the weight room and has that experience edge being here since Jnauary.

Advertisement
Advertisement
"Hartley on Mallory: “He can run, he’s got great length. He really reminds you of a young David [Njoku]. He’s a track star like David was, he has unbelievable hands, a great kid, highly intelligent, just a matchup nightmare on the perimeter. You kind of see him – we play our tight ends two different ways, we have one that’s – both of them can be flexed out, both of them can be attached, but I’d say Will will probably be a little more flexed out than Brevin would be, kind of like David was a little more than Chris [Herndon]. He’s an unbelievable route-runner, we saw that at our Paradise Camp. He came here and nobody could cover the dude. He catches everything thrown his way, he’s very intelligent, very smart and he’s a competitor as well. I mean, it really doesn’t get much better than the two kids we got this year.”

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/barry-jackson/article191076214.html

Mr. Inside (Jordan); Mr. Outside (Mallory). We will see them on the field together. Line them up with two burners and we give a defense real problems if we have a guy who can just deliver the ball on time and accurately.

Advertisement
Mallory doesn't need to RS, He just won't be playing Inline this yr...we have Brevin, Irvin jr, and Polendey for that.

Any time we want to split a TE in the slot, Mallory or Brevin should 100% be that guy.

Obviously Mallory needs to add a lot of weight, But he doesn't NEED to RS. He likely will if not needed, because it would be smart to, but its definitely not NEEDED, especially the way Hartley is going to be recruiting TEs for us. We're TEU, Don't forget that.

I cant find the thread/post, but when he first commited, I posted a comment that was made regarding Mallory's speed.......

I was at one of his games against a powerhouse team here in Jacksonville, and Mallory was flat out abusing the db's, not just the linebackers. I sat right behind the opposing team bench because my cousin played on that team. During a timeout, the defensive coordinator was ripping the db's because they were getting embarrassed by Mallory. He said something to the likes of, "y'all are just going to let that white boy embarrass y'all like that?" In which one of the db's responded in frustration by saying, "he ain't no regular white boy......that bytch is fast!"

Everyone that heard it in stands was dying. We laughed for the rest of that game.

Advertisement
Back