TE Will Mallory commits to Miami

View as article
Advertisement
IMG_3988.jpg

Kid should live up the seam. Cleanest hands I've seen in a bit. Snatching everything.

That's what I was thinking as well. His hands look really good. I don't know if he'll ever be a true TE, but I really don't care. He runs good routes, can flat out move once he gets going, and has two giant pillows for hands. He's a play maker. Also, those blocks... Dude can line up at WR and I'd be fine with it.

I think the only reason he is ranked 11 is because he's such a tweener. Young man is a **** of a football player, and will add an element to our O that not many kids can.

How is he not a true tight end lol hes like 6-5 240. Hes just like njoku and greg he makes bug plays out of nothing. Im so excited for this class GO CANES!!!!!

He's 6-5 207. So yea he's kind of tweener size, but he's still a TE all the way. He'll easily be 230-240 junior/senior year.

Advertisement
TIFWIW...

XAVIER WILLIAMS retweeted Mallory's commitment tweet.

he better tighten up! time ticking think long and get left out on one of the greatest classes in college football history!
You'd have to be blind to not see a Canes National Championship in 2020-2021 with this class combined with 2019 class. Bringing a chip back to the U after 20 years should mean more to a SFL kid.

Advertisement
Kid should live up the seam. Cleanest hands I've seen in a bit. Snatching everything.

That's what I was thinking as well. His hands look really good. I don't know if he'll ever be a true TE, but I really don't care. He runs good routes, can flat out move once he gets going, and has two giant pillows for hands. He's a play maker. Also, those blocks... Dude can line up at WR and I'd be fine with it.

I think the only reason he is ranked 11 is because he's such a tweener. Young man is a **** of a football player, and will add an element to our O that not many kids can.

How is he not a true tight end lol hes like 6-5 240. Hes just like njoku and greg he makes bug plays out of nothing. Im so excited for this class GO CANES!!!!!

He's 6-5 207. So yea he's kind of tweener size, but he's still a TE all the way. He'll easily be 230-240 junior/senior year.
He is a Junior in High School.

This ain't Publix, fools. The is Rick's private fridge at his house.

20170421_204356.jpg

I'm talking about college. I know he's a junior in high school

Man it's going to be fun to watch the talent on this team. Gone are the days of finding "hidden gems" and hoping.

Any doubts I ever had about Richt's recruiting ability are gone. This class as a whole is amazing. Pulling a highly rated kid who is a quadruple Michigan legacy? Insane.

Richt is an elite recruiter and I think he is going to show the country that Miami is a better platform than Georgia. No one will ever be able to say we are less talented than the other team, no more of those excuses. We are on our way back and it feels good.

Advertisement

No, he's not 240. Closer to 204.

Listen, I'm not knocking the kid at all. He's a GREAT prospect that will give defenses a **** of a handful. I LIKE what he brings, opposed to a traditional TE that is 6'5" 240-250. When I said he was a tweener, it was not a bad thing at all, just bad for his TE ranking. I saw him playing more WR there than tradition TE, didn't you? I loved what I saw, and that's all that matters. He's a heck of a weapon to have.

Again, I was not meaning anything negative at all. To me he reminds me more of Evidence Njoku than David, and that's not a bad thing. He very well might bulk up, but what I just saw was a young man that can play lights out at his current weight. Just going by what I saw, not what I think may or may not happen.

My point was he is, even if he's 207 right now, quite young.

Last edited:
If this kid is our backup TE

:sanford:

Richt is building a championship caliber program.

Seriously. This is the kind of player we had back in the day that was second string, until they got their shot. I remember those old Miami teams were so deep the starters were afraid of getting injured, because they knew they might not get their job back. It's coming back again.

Advertisement

My point is he was, even if he's 207 right now, he's quite young.

Agreed, and I'm not saying he won't get bigger. Just saying what I saw, not what I'm projecting. I'm darn happy either way. Heck of a football player.

Advertisement
Back