TCU doesn’t know how to recruit

Advertisement
Advertisement
2A236626-D846-4173-9260-BEEA2B18B475.png

Insanely improbably season in his first year at TCU. Crazy

Advertisement
It can happen both ways. Had we had an elite offensive mind come in, yeah maybe we could have won 10 games this year, maybe?

Having the best recruiter in the country can get us there and more consistently over a long period of time

In 2-3 years we will have top 5 talent in the country and we’ll be fine

We obsess over recruiting rankings and not without reason. But look at these paltry TCU numbers:
Class rankings
2019. 32
2020. 24
2021. 46
2022. 34

Better this year:
2023. 18

Guess coaching can compensate for mediocrity on the recruiting trail…

Great stat Apple. Its numbers like this that drives me insane. I'll look back at Richt, Manny recruiting rankings and we shouldn't be this bad but every year were just an average team.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Isn't it possible that both things could be true?
Our 2022 roster wasn't exactly packed with talent.
Yes. And they were both true but not to the extent the board makes it seem imo. For example a lot of people attributed the destinations guys we lost to the portal chose as a perception of their talent. That’s not how that works. A lot of those guys didn’t have a lot of film and recruiting doesn’t stop. Miami isn’t a top tier program and they went 5-7 nobody was beating down their door because of that fact not because of their individual talent. A kid who has never played at UGA has more options in the portal than the guy who signed at Miami.

Last edited:
Every year in the playoff at least one or two teams get steamrolled, but it always happens to the team with a recruiting average far below the other three. Maybe it works out for tcu tomorrow but I wouldn't count on it. At the end of the day it's about putting together a complete package and the horses are the biggest part.
that didn't age well

So prior to this year was Dykes a good or bad coach? Just trying to figure out where this argument could go…and if Tcu goes 7-5 next year what happens.

A lot of variables past, present and futures for this thread. Exciting potential for all sides.

Advertisement
Back