Taylor Stubblefield

Advertisement
What do you want me to say? That I know much about this guy? I came into this thread to chime in on technical vs recruiter hypocrisy. You stated WR coaches basically don't have to coach. Come on. It's not unreasonable to challenge that point of view.
Yeah. I never said that, but whatever. Keep twisting words.

It’s pretty obvious why we hired him.

Enos wanted a few guys on offense who are familiar with his system and how he teaches it.

I’d bet anything Barry (who coached OL and TE under Enos) and Stubblefield will probably help Hickson and Field in that regard.

Not every staff is going to be a Frankenstein amalgam of guys who’ve coached in different systems and have never worked with the HC or OC.

Synergy on staff makes sense.

We’ll see how it works out.

I get that but I would want someone that actually worked with Enos recently not 7 years ago. Prefer someone that was more qualified. Hopefully this guy can teach our WRs how to catch the ball.......not just block

Advertisement
There is no doubt in my mind this hire was made because Enos recommended it to Manny. If you like the Enos hire you will have to ride with the authority he is being given by Manny and the ability of Enos to hire the right guys he thinks can teach his system. It is what it is.

Looking at some of the HCs this wr coach has worked under you have :

Bob Davey
Ron Zook
Jim Grobe
Dan Enos
Troy Calhoun
Kyle Whittingham

All pretty accomplished coaches with D1 college and NFL experience. I guess they thought he was good enough to work for them. Anyway it's all a moot point. That's who Enos wants.

Well, Wittingham fired him and he didn’t stay in any positions under those other coaches for more than a year. Maybe there’s something we’re missing, but based on his resume and the results he’s produced (both in recruiting and in producing receivers) this is a garbage hire.

Well, Wittingham fired him and he didn’t stay in any positions under those other coaches for more than a year. Maybe there’s something we’re missing, but based on his resume and the results he’s produced (both in recruiting and in producing receivers) this is a garbage hire.
I mean he was at Air Force for the last 2 yrs! Do they even throw the ball? I thought they run the **** wishbone

There is so many things wrong going on here simultaneously.
1. The local coaches again looking for an excuse to why they will again be sending their kids to kkklanville USA.
2 the same coaches and posters complaining about Banda and calling him bartender despite him having dudes in the nfl right now are the same dudes wanting Coney as wide receivers coach despite him never coached at this level.
3. The same coaches saying it’s a slap in the face are the same coaches that will negative recruit against Miami when they say they sent their kids somewhere else cause they have a proven receiver coach and we don’t.
4. The coaches these guys want aren’t exactly being hunted down by bama Clemson UW USC etc.
5. Developing talent imo is the most overrated and also overlooked trait in coaching. There are very few position coaches that can truly say they have developed talent. All these coaches getting credit for having beasts on their teams. Cooper Ridley Jeudy all had different wr coaches. So far our defensive staff has taken throwaways and 3 stars and put some of those in the nfl. Not a large sample size though but they’ve at least done it. But people stay badmouthing them.
DeVonta Smith came to paradise and we knew he was a beast. So Oklahomas staff is going to credit for marquise brown and now baywatch.
5. Can someone enlighten me on an nfl receiver who says he was horrible until x coach developed him? And if so does he have at least 2 more dudes hat can say the same thing.
6. Despite this I don’t have a fiukking clue what dude at this position would make everyone happy. But I do know that there seems to be a lot of self interest in this town that has been leaking into this board.
5. Cooney does seem like he would be killing it if it wasn’t for cmr’s abortion of an offense.
However, the large amounts of decommits form players even 2 classes away form his own backyard is a little suspect.
6. The logical answer does seem to be to have good enough recruits to pat your resume and win enough games to keep them coming.
7. The fear from the other schools that we may actually develop any sort of recruiting momentum is real. Since cmr got here the ammount of raises and speculation of coaches leaving that has plagued this team is probably going to be Manny’s hardest job. But that’s what happens when you have a good team.

Advertisement
No one is reinventing the wheel at this point as a WR coach. There are thousands of guys out there who all know the same stuff from a coaching standpoint at the WR spot. What differentiates guys at this level is the ability to recruit.

Enos is going to scheme it up and tell his position coaches what he needs from them. Enos will make the offense click. We need dogs to go out there and get him players.

He wasn’t horrendous recruting at Utah. Some 84-86 ish 3* guys I think I seen. I’m not saying it’s a slam dunk by any means but he was never really at a school that you can land big fish at.

That is a concern for me too. But if Whittigham fired him because of his recruiting that doesn’t say anything about his actual coaching. If we are not looking for him to recruit as much but to teach Enos’ system that is not so much a concern.

Advertisement
This is a D- hire in my opinion. Every WR that he has coached took a stepback from the previous year/coach. He's also never coached a 1000 yard receiver in college

Hope I eat crow, but not counting on it. Would take Beard over this dude.

So there are people who think the offensive system is so complicated, we need to hire WR coaches with specialized knowledge of it in order to help teach the WRs?

I really hope that isn’t true for a whole other list of reasons.

Advertisement
**** what the local coaches want. Their kids go to every team not named Miami. Shut the **** up and let us get this money and maybe ur kids can come

It is ******* sad this is a 26 page thread. We have some great recruiters on this staff I am fine with a guy who is a great coach and an OK recruiter for a few spots as you need a mix . But really anyone who says this is a great or bad hire is talking out their ***. No one has followed air force or any of the other teams he has been a part of so they can't know. Whether airforce throws the ball 1 time or 50 times a game doesn't matter. What matters is does this coach get his WR ready to do what they are asked. Whether that is blocking , catching , running whatever. IF he does , which he must since Diaz hired him , then he is good in my book.

But it basically comes down to I trust Diaz completely .

26 pages guys? Seriously?

I’m pretty sure if he isn’t doing his Job, Manny Diaz isn’t afraid of firing a position coach or coordinator.

Advertisement
Back