Taylor Stubblefield

Let me guess - 21 pages of porsters kvetching because we didn't hire a recruiter at a highly technical position in an area that's littered with quality receivers.

Never change Miami fans.

Advertisement
Stubs also coached Titus Davis at CMU in 2011.

As a freshman in 2011 Davis had 40 rec, 751 yds, 8 TD.

Went on to have a cup of coffee in the NFL from 2015 - 2017.

So Stubs played a role in the development of at least two NFL WRs.

It's a bad hire. There, I said it. Missed opportunity for Danny Miaz.
I'll wait for the results and give the benefit of the doubt to Manny and Enos but I would call it a reach. This will either be a 1 year stop again for him or surprisingly good hire.

No clue if Stubblefield is any good, but his résumé is fine.

Central Washington to Eastern Michigan is a promotion.

EMU head coach got fired, and he caught on at Illinois St.

Enos scoops him up at CMU.

Then he goes to New Mexico, which is basically a lateral move. Don’t know the circumstances, but the parting must’ve been amicable if he’s hiring him at Miami.

New Mexico to Wak Forest is a promotion.

Jim Grobe got fired, then he caught on Utah. Was there two years and got let go. That’s probably the worst mark on his record.

Went to the CFL for a year, then caught on at Air Force.

That’s not a remarkable CV, but he keeps getting hired by D1 programs.

Hopefully it works out. My guess is Field is gonna be involved a lot in the area recruiting at the position.

Advertisement
No clue if Stubblefield is any good, but his résumé is fine.

Central Washington to Eastern Michigan is a promotion.

EMU head coach got fired, and he caught on at Illinois St.

Enos scoops him up at CMU.

Then he goes to New Mexico, which is basically a lateral move. Don’t know the circumstances, but the parting must’ve been amicable if he’s hiring him at Miami.

New Mexico to Wak Forest is a promotion.

Jim Grobe got fired, then he caught on Utah. Was there two years and got let go. That’s probably the worst mark on his record.

Went to the CFL for a year, then caught on at Air Force.

That’s not a remarkable CV, but he keeps getting hired by D1 programs.

Hopefully it works out. My guess is Field is gonna be involved a lot in the area recruiting at the position.

Searels keeps getting hired as well and he never stays long.

Stubblefield is hot garbage from a coaching and recruiting stand point

Let me guess - 21 pages of porsters kvetching because we didn't hire a recruiter at a highly technical position in an area that's littered with quality receivers.

Never change Miami fans.
What are you? The 20 page thread lurking Police?
IMG_4369.GIF

Since 2016 we've hired Rumph, Cooney & Demarcus Van Dyke, and the locals still sent kids elsewhere lol

Karl Scott the DB coach for Bama is from Houston TX, he coached at Southeastern LA, La Tech, Lousiana Lafayette & TTech before getting hired at Bama. He has absolutely NO connection to South Fla at all, still got Jobe, Surtain & Jordan Battle. Clemson doesn't have anybody on their staff from Coco Creek or South Dade, still got Trayvon Mullen & Frank Ladson.

I just don't get why they would be upset, Cooney is STILL on staff lol.

I could NOT have said it better.

Advertisement
Wait and see approach.

It's not like Dugans had them catching everything. What good is a 4/5-star WR room that can't catch and only runs 3 routes?

They were catching well in 16-17. Do you want to give Brennan Carroll most of the credit (never played or coached the position, prior to Miami) for Allen Hurns breaking Miami records or having dorsett go in the first round?

Not saying that a good teacher at WR isn’t important, but it’s a position where you normally load up with a recruiter. See James coley at UGA (never coached or played it prior to UGA).

Searels keeps getting hired as well and he never stays long.

Stubblefield is hot garbage from a coaching and recruiting stand point

Searles isn’t hot garbage because of his résumé, which is good. He’s hot garbage because he’s hot garbage.

Stubblefield is obviously fair game for criticism, but you know nothing about this dude’s coaching ability.

Advertisement
Dude has literally never been at one spot for more than 2 years. That's unsettling. The rumors about his lack of recruiting scare me, too.

If he doesnt recruit then he will he gone in two years. Not too worried about that. Manny ain’t playing games. Cooney and others can pick up the recruiting slack and let him do the coaching.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not trying to call out the obvious, and many of you already know this, but tdub(the young rhino)85 broke this news via pm late last night...i obviously cant speak any more on the situation because im afraid that id be breaking the rules of the pm list, but did want to give credit where credit is due...

Advertisement
Back