Taylor Stubblefield

Wait and see approach.

It's not like Dugans had them catching everything. What good is a 4/5-star WR room that can't catch and only runs 3 routes?
So you hire a WR coach at this level of football to teach guys how to catch? Guys drop balls in games mainly because of lack of concentration or they choke. That’s got nothing to do with the WR coach.

Wiggins can probably catch 100 balls in a row in practice, but he choked in games.

Advertisement
Since 2016 we've hired Rumph, Cooney & Demarcus Van Dyke, and the locals still sent kids elsewhere lol

Karl Scott the DB coach for Bama is from Houston TX, he coached at Southeastern LA, La Tech, Lousiana Lafayette & TTech before getting hired at Bama. He has absolutely NO connection to South Fla at all, still got Jobe, Surtain & Jordan Battle. Clemson doesn't have anybody on their staff from Coco Creek or South Dade, still got Trayvon Mullen & Frank Ladson.

I just don't get why they would be upset, Cooney is STILL on staff lol.

Bingo. Win and they will come. It’s a fact. Last year we win 10 games and sign our best class in a long time. If this guy can help us win, he will help us recruit. Manny has been so spot on since getting hired I’m more than willing to trust him here.

Bingo. Win and they will come. It’s a fact. Last year we win 10 games and sign our best class in a long time. If this guy can help us win, he will help us recruit. Manny has been so spot on since getting hired I’m more than willing to trust him here.
bags and they will come

Advertisement
He’s been an incredible technician in that vaunted Air Force passing game.

We don’t need another position coach who wears a lab coat and has recruits run from him like he’s Frankenstein like Rumph. WR Coach is primarily a recruiting spot, and this guy is trash. Rumphlefield.

No reason you can’t find an adequate technical guy who is also a murderous recruiter.
Like I said, I'm not judging his ability to be a technical coach because I don't know enough about him.

As for the comparison to Rumph, I don't see the point. Big part of why Rumph was brought here was to recruit. Not necessarily to be a technical coach "in a lab coat." He has failed at recruiting the DBs he even coached. Pointless comment in terms of substance, but I understand you're going for effect.

I have no idea if your "WR coach primarily a recruiting spot" is true or not. Are you basing that on how other teams have brought in bagmen at that spot? Maybe the guy can add something to the offense or has some abilities that help the overall offensive unit. Are you saying there shouldn't be more than one Xs and Os guy on a side of the ball?

So you hire a WR coach at this level of football to teach guys how to catch? Guys drop balls in games mainly because of lack of concentration or they choke. That’s got nothing to do with the WR coach.

Wiggins can probably catch 100 balls in a row in practice, but he choked in games.

So what’s the WR coach responsible for?

Not trying to call out the obvious, and many of you already know this, but tdub(the young rhino)85 broke this news via pm late last night...i obviously cant speak any more on the situation because im afraid that id be breaking the rules of the pm list, but did want to give credit where credit is due...
Confirmed. The Young Rhino strikes again. Batting average up to .800.

Advertisement
66019CDB-3E2F-4FF7-9180-1EFE9363346E.gif

To get Enos here, Manny probably had to give him a lot of say in his offensive staff. Just hope he works out better here than his previous spots.

Like I said, I'm not judging his ability to be a technical coach because I don't know enough about him.

As for the comparison to Rumph, I don't see the point. Big part of why Rumph was brought here was to recruit. Not necessarily to be a technical coach "in a lab coat." He has failed at recruiting the DBs he even coached. Pointless comment in terms of substance, but I understand you're going for effect.

I have no idea if your "WR coach primarily a recruiting spot" is true or not. Are you basing that on how other teams have brought in bagmen at that spot? Maybe the guy can add something to the offense or has some abilities that help the overall offensive unit. Are you saying there shouldn't be more than one Xs and Os guy on a side of the ball?

If WR isn't one of the primary recruiting spots, which ones are? Don't you think there's a reason why OCs tend to be QB and OL Coaches, and not RB and WR Coaches?

Advertisement
If WR isn't one of the primary recruiting spots, which ones are? Don't you think there's a reason why OCs tend to be QB and OL Coaches, and not RB and WR Coaches?
I don't get what your argument is here. I didn't say it was or wasn't. I said I wouldn't make a blanket statement like that. As in, "WR coaches have to be recruiters." Couldn't all position coaches then be "primarily recruiting?"

Are some of you really saying WR is not a technical position? Weird fanbase. There were people in the Cooney thread *****ing about needing to hire more technical coaches. I guess it's a message board, so the common denominator is sometimes baseless shouting. By all means. Don't forget to click the ads, though.

The Rumph point is actually right on the mark. Surprised you couldn’t grasp it.

I never talk about bag men being hired here because it’s stupid. There aren’t really bag men on P5 staffs anyway. The bag men are behind the scenes. LOL at the idea of big-time programs hiring guys who walk around with duffel bags handing cash to recruits.

You jump to too many conclusions trying to paint posters into the corner of your choice. That doesn’t work with someone as intelligent as The Legend. I never mentioned anything about having no room for more than one good technical coach. You’re making that up to try to prove something.

My point was a very easy one to grasp, and I’ll state it again. It was a garbage hire because the guy is a horrific recruiter. There are countless guys out there who can teach WRs the technical aspects of the position AND recruit like maniacs.

This guy got fired by Utah because he was absolute garbage as a recruiter. Wittingham, who is an experienced and accomplished football coach ran this dude out of town in a rail because he was a colossal failure. No one else wanted him. He’s been coaching WRs at Air Force where they don’t throw the ball and his **** recruiting didn’t matter.

We have no clue if he’s some sort of technical savant. Guys are assuming he is merely because he’s an abominable recruiter. But even if he is some sort of lab coat wizard, his garbage recruiting makes him useless and has led to a horrible career in coaching with one dead end gig after another.

Maybe we don't know much about him - but apparently - someone does!

You know good and well that there were a number of contacts made to coach WR's at UM. But we hired Stubb.

Let's trot him out and let him run before we call off the race.

You young turds should have been here when Jimmy Johnson was hired.

That was special.

Advertisement
WR, RB, LB, and TE are the main spots where you put your recruiters. It’s been that way forever except in CIS Land where we search for lab coat guys like Rumph who recruits run from.

The Rumph point is actually right on the mark. Surprised you couldn’t grasp it.

I never talk about bag men being hired here because it’s stupid. There aren’t really bag men on P5 staffs anyway. The bag men are behind the scenes. LOL at the idea of big-time programs hiring guys who walk around with duffel bags handing cash to recruits.

You jump to too many conclusions trying to paint posters into the corner of your choice. That doesn’t work with someone as intelligent as The Legend. I never mentioned anything about having no room for more than one good technical coach. You’re making that up to try to prove something.

My point was a very easy one to grasp, and I’ll state it again. It was a garbage hire because the guy is a horrific recruiter. There are countless guys out there who can teach WRs the technical aspects of the position AND recruit like maniacs.

This guy got fired by Utah because he was absolute garbage as a recruiter. Wittingham, who is an experienced and accomplished football coach ran this dude out of town in a rail because he was a colossal failure. No one else wanted him. He’s been coaching WRs at Air Force where they don’t throw the ball and his **** recruiting didn’t matter.

We have no clue if he’s some sort of technical savant. Guys are assuming he is merely because he’s an abominable recruiter. But even if he is some sort of lab coat wizard, his garbage recruiting makes him useless and has led to a horrible career in coaching with one dead end gig after another.
Weird projection, Franchise. As I responded to you advocating for you and others not to jump to conclusions, you ask me to do it? Ha.

A few posts above you wrote basically anyone can be a WRs coach because the coaching doesn't matter. Something something Wiggins catching 100 balls but choking in games, right? The WR coach position is solely about recruiting, according to you. I didn't make anything up. I just think you went too far in the fun hyperbole you usually offer. Considering that stance and for this topic, there's no basis for any reasonable discussion between us.

*By the way, there seem to be dozens of things people can complain about re: this hire, including hiring more "guys i've worked with before" instead of collecting diverse views, but the whole recruiting vs technical thing seems like a strange hill to die on.

Advertisement
Back