tavarus McFadden article

Well of miami doesnt think hes good or one the best then I guess the talent evaluators at FSU LSU AUB etc all suck…or maybe UM doesnt want any parts of the recruitment because I doubt there are 3 better CB PROSPECTS in sofla than McFadden as far as skillset and what he can be with good coaching

Silly logic, and far from accurate.

Miami can see McFadden a million times. Those other schools are limited in the amount of times they can evaluate him.

Y would other schools be able to limited in the amount of times they can evaluate T Mac

others school can't see him every week because of distance ... Miami is close by and can see him every time he plays

True they can't see him in person but they can see all of his games and game films

Honestly that's all most schools look at anyway.

Usually an offer goes like this...

1. College finds out about kid
2. College watches his highlight film and looks at his attributes. (height, weight, etc.)
3. College calls high school coach and sets up appointment to see kid in person
4. College offers kid.

Colllege coaches really aren't as diligent as some people think they are. They look at the kid's film. They meet him in person to see if he's as advertised in terms of size. They watch him practice and/or play a game. They offer. It's that simple.

In regards to McFadden, most schools are gonna offer simply cause he's a 6'3" 5-star who's a pretty good athlete. Most coaches aren't watching his game film thoroughly. Miami, however, can watch him take a dump if they want to.

Feliciano was offered ON THE SPOT (at practice) by many of the schools recruiting him. They didn't have to watch his game film or watch him play a game.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Anybody who wants McFadden at Corner has never seen him play, they're just looking at his size and star ranking. I watched every single American Heritage game last year. McFadden was victimized many, many times. He's just not a great football player. Athlete? Yes. Big as ****? Yes. Great cover Corner? Not even close.

How this kid can get 5 stars at a position he's not even good at is beyond me. He wasn't even the best CB on his team last year but he's supposed to be one of the best CB's in the country? Please.

And anybody ****ing about Rumph can kill themselves ASAP. Dude is all about sending his kids to Miami. I speak to him every now and then. Not getting into detail, but if Miami doesn't get a kid from Heritage, IT'S ON MIAMI. There's not unwarranted hatred for Miami going on within the Heritage program. Well, at least they're wasn't. There is now between a few kids from Heritage who probably should've been offered, but that's water under the bridge. They're gone.

I 100 % agree with the T mac and rumph stuff, but are you suggesting we arent recruiting kids well enough there or are you referring to the kids we didnt offer, so are you suggesting we didnt recruit sony and gibson hard enough

probably references us not offering joystick mckenzie

McKenzie or Dowels.

Silly logic, and far from accurate.

Miami can see McFadden a million times. Those other schools are limited in the amount of times they can evaluate him.

Y would other schools be able to limited in the amount of times they can evaluate T Mac

others school can't see him every week because of distance ... Miami is close by and can see him every time he plays

True they can't see him in person but they can see all of his games and game films

2. College watches his highlight film and looks at his attributes. (height, weight, etc.)
4. College offers kid.

Colllege coaches really aren't as diligent as some people think they are. They look at the kid's film. They meet him in person to see if he's as advertised in terms of size. They watch him practice and/or play a game. They offer. It's that simple.

In regards to McFadden, most schools are gonna offer simply cause he's a 6'3" 5-star who's a pretty good athlete. Most coaches aren't watching his game film thoroughly. Miami, however, can watch him take a dump if they want to.

Yup. A head coach of the school (consistent top-10 team) that a former SFE player signed with didn't even see his highlight video, until the official home visit, less than a month before signing day. He was a highly rated 4-star player that had size. They were finishing up dinner and the kid asked him, "so what did you really like about my highlight tape?" The coach said, "I haven't seen it, but I'd really like to. Could we watch it after we finish eating?" One of the coaches on the staff had to have seen his video, but I was surprised that the HC that was recruiting him heavily, had never seen it.

Lmao with internet and all these other outlets that miami knows a sofla kid better than anyone is a non factor…he may not be a 5 star but his film is good and those schools dont just offer any and everybody imo

4. College offers kid.

Yup. A head coach of the school (consistent top-10 team) that a former SFE player signed with didn't even see his highlight video, until the official home visit, less than a month before signing day. He was a highly rated 4-star player that had size. They were finishing up dinner and the kid asked him, "so what did you really like about my highlight tape?" The coach said, "I haven't seen it, but I'd really like to. Could we watch it after we finish eating?" One of the coaches on the staff had to have seen his video, but I was surprised that the HC that was recruiting him heavily, had never seen it.

Dude...

Before I started coaching high school ball I thought that coaches really dug deep into these kids. I was in shock when I started coaching and saw how quickly and easily offers are dished out.

Coach McGriff came onto campus one day to recruit Fabian Moreau. He was at Ole Miss at the time. He said to me and our head coach "I heard yall got a stud Safety out here." Our HC tells him "Well the kid plays RB but he could be a Safety for you guys." He didn't even know that Moreau was a Running Back. McGriff asked to see some tape. We played his highlight tape and McGriff says "**** coach, this kid can play RB or DB. Can I meet him?" We pull Moreau out of class and the offer was extended later that day after McGriff cleared it with his Head Coach. UCLA extended their offer to Moreau from all the way across the country. Never seen his game film or seen him play live. Now he's their best CB and slated to be an early NFL draft pick.

Tennessee and FSU came to watch Feliciano practice. They watched him do 1-on-1's with a Linebacker that we sent to Michigan State. After watching 5 reps of 1-on-1's the Tennessee coach says "You tell him that if he changes his mind on Miami that he can come to Tennessee and play right now. The spot is his." Never even saw Feliciano play a game.

All it takes is for one big time school to offer and most of the other big schools will offer as well. I honestly don't think that Miami's talent evaluation skills are well respected by the rest of the country so other schools could care less whether Miami offered or not. The fact that Miami didn't offer a kid won't keep other schools from offering.

This is why we watch the NFL draft every year and see countless kids from Florida who weren't offered by Miami or the Big 3.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Lmao with internet and all these other outlets that miami knows a sofla kid better than anyone is a non factor…he may not be a 5 star but his film is good and those schools dont just offer any and everybody imo

So should Miami offer every kid that has impressive offers from around the country? (regardless of what they've seen in person)

So should Miami offer every kid that has impressive offers from around the country? (regardless of what they've seen in person)

If they are good enough to play at Bama, FSU, Uf, LSU, etc....then they are good enough to play at miami

If they are good enough to play at Bama, FSU, Uf, LSU, etc....then they are good enough to play at miami

Lol.free Sodas and crab on this guy

You're disregarding the obvious. Those schools can miss on recruits and their depth makes up any void with a plethora of highly rated 4-5 star players. LOL Clearly you have a better chance at top talent/production with a 5-star or highly rated 4-star. The odds are just better, so they're bound to hit on good players, eventually. You can have one that busts, because you still have other blue chips at that same position. For example: Bama gets rid of 2 blue chip RB's from their 2013 class, but the 2 other were already productive. You also have another 5-star in Dee Hart that won't ever get significant playing time. That's 3 5 star RB's that till this point may as well be considered busts.

Advertisement
All im saying is if jimbo saban miles etc is saying hey this kid can ball and we want him heavy then im 100% positive he is miami quality point blank period. Kid may not have interest in miami but I guarantee if we all hear reports that both sides have started talking more mcfadden and um most of you guys would be singing a diffrent tune.

I would never sing a different tune cause I've seen the kid play.

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that he may be the most overrated kid I've ever seen. He's THAT underwhelming.

Now if we wanna take him as a Safety that's a different story. Would i like to have him? Sure.

you kidding me, they offer everyone, how many times have you seen we offer a random three star and then everyone started to offer right after us, and to be honest i really dont like his highlight tape, im with wildcat if he would to play safety he would be a take in my book, but im taking davante davis and cole over him

you kidding me, they offer everyone, how many times have you seen we offer a random three star and then everyone started to offer right after us, and to be honest i really dont like his highlight tape, im with wildcat if he would to play safety he would be a take in my book, but im taking davante davis and cole over him

I agree 100%. Bama offers every single top prospect and hot prospect in the nation. its ridiculous its no way they have seen all these kids.

Advertisement

I'm gonna go on a limb and say that he may be the most overrated kid I've ever seen. He's THAT underwhelming.

Now if we wanna take him as a Safety that's a different story. Would i like to have him? Sure.

Thanks for all the insight man, i agree with you 100%. Mcfadden is a zone corner or ath. kinda reminds me of Richard Sherman while a complement i'm not high on Richard Sherman. in college he will need help alot imo. i put it like this. no one in their right mind would take Mcfadden over Vernon Hargraves III or Jamal Adams who committed to LSU and he was a 4 star last year. People can believe the hype if they want but im not buying into it. even if he was considering us i would still take Davante Davis over him.

I just the get the vibe that he doesn't want to be a Cane, It sounds like we are def in the top 6 but maybe 5 or 6. I wouldnt count our Georgia because of Sony and Joystick.

I was told today that FSU is his current favorite.

Thanks for all the insight man, i agree with you 100%. Mcfadden is a zone corner or ath. kinda reminds me of Richard Sherman while a complement i'm not high on Richard Sherman. in college he will need help alot imo. i put it like this. no one in their right mind would take Mcfadden over Vernon Hargraves III or Jamal Adams who committed to LSU and he was a 4 star last year. People can believe the hype if they want but im not buying into it. even if he was considering us i would still take Davante Davis over him.

I think he can be a decent zone Corner. He'd be good at playing Cover-2 (press) or some Cover-3. He's doomed once he has to play man.

Advertisement
TM was not coveted by staff. Give it a rest.

So Miami doesn't covet a stud prospect in their backyard that every other major college in the SEC and ACC are after, thats not good

Or maybe Miami evaluated him and doesn't like him as much as other prospects. Everything doesn't always have to be a negative when it comes to this staff.

You make a valid point but it's also part of the counterpoint. Our coach doesn't covet him, others with a better track record do.

And you make a valid point as well. But the coaches that do have better track records are not always right. Plus, I think Golden and staff are pretty good at evaluating talent. The staff's problem is coaching up said talent IMO.

I still don't know if I agree. I still tend to think our problem, especially on defense, has not been less than stellar coaching, but less than stellar talent, particularly in the front seven. (And we've only had a few better than average DBs). I'll wait until we get more well above average to outstanding talent to say it's coaching. I do think the problem with the scheme might be more complexity, and less the philosophy. I think the forcing defense that we've used since JJ's day is simpler, and requires less of a defensive player, but I think we've tried to do too much. There are times we seem to be bringing pressure, but there are times when we seem too complicated. I'm not sure we've had the front four to bring pressure. There are not many athletes. When you get to the two young guys AQM and McCord, it's different.

We tend to hope for players to emerge aqm hasnt proved anything yet other than summer time photo hope…mccord is situational and thats about it this far talent is still lacking imo

We tend to hope for players to emerge aqm hasnt proved anything yet other than summer time photo hope…mccord is situational and thats about it this far talent is still lacking imo

I agree... Outside of DP and to an extent Howard it's wishful thinking... We have great athletes but I desire to see more from our players from a football perspective in regards to our defense...

It is not the lack of talent, it is the scheme that doesn't play to their strength's.

Go Canes

Advertisement
Back