tavarus McFadden article

algoldenshair

Freshman
WEST MELBOURNE, Fla. --*The University of Miami offered American Heritage Plantation cornerback*Tarvarus McFadden.

Two days later he attended Miami’s first junior day.

McFadden shared the message from the Miami coaching staff.

“They are trying to build a new cornerback dynasty,” McFadden said. “They want big corners to come in and hold things down. They said I could be the start of that if I were to go to Miami. I could start something great.”

Looking back at that junior day experience, McFadden enjoyed his time at UM.

“It was fun,” McFadden said. “I got to meet the coaches and talk to them one-on-one. They talked about the schemes and coverages that they like to run. They run a lot of man coverage. That is what I like. They showed me the campus a little bit too. I enjoyed it all.”

Even though Miami offered later than schools who are big contenders in his recruitment like LSU, Florida State, and Georgia, McFadden maintains that doesn’t hurt UM’s standing.

“I give all the schools who offer me an equal chance,” McFadden said. “I just have to pick the school that best fits me.”

McFadden is participating in many 7-on-7 tournaments this offseason and plays for the South Florida Express. He is working on continuing to refine his technique.

“I am working on being more patient at the line of scrimmage and building more confidence in my abilities,” McFadden said. “Confidence is one of the biggest things for a cornerback. You have to be confident and have a short memory.”

At many of these 7-on-7 tournaments McFadden’s team will line up against Kevin Toliver’s team, who hails from Jacksonville. Toliver is widely considered the top cornerback prospect in the country in the 2015 class.

“He is a great player,” McFadden said. “He is a good corner and I am a good corner. I enjoy watching him and competing against his team. We talk a lot. We don’t have any real bad vibes between us. We don’t beef or anything like that. We just enjoy competing.

McFadden is rated a four star prospect by 247Sports. He ranks as the No. 51 player overall in the country.

From 247

Advertisement
Do we really have a shot at ANYONE at AH considering how often we've struck out there? Kind of feel like that's turning into a Dwyer type school.

Looks like that's Golden's mantra this recruiting cycle - "new cornerback dynasty".

Do we really have a shot at ANYONE at AH considering how often we've struck out there? Kind of feel like that's turning into a Dwyer type school.

Looks like that's Golden's mantra this recruiting cycle - "new cornerback dynasty".

We just need to get an ex-Cane on the staff at AH and that will change everything...Oh wait...

We just got Walter Tucker last cycle. We wanted one kid from Heritage. Sony. That's it. The head coach of heritage is also a prominent Cane. Nowhere close to Dwyer.

We just got Walter Tucker last cycle. We wanted one kid from Heritage. Sony. That's it. The head coach of heritage is also a prominent Cane. Nowhere close to Dwyer.

this^

and Rumph is a good dude and a supporter of Golden.

Advertisement
I just the get the vibe that he doesn't want to be a Cane, It sounds like we are def in the top 6 but maybe 5 or 6. I wouldnt count our Georgia because of Sony and Joystick.

this^

I agree AH is nothing like Dwyer. Rumph actually wants to send his players to Miami ....Dwyer not so much

this^

I agree AH is nothing like Dwyer. Rumph actually wants to send his players to Miami ....Dwyer not so much

Exactly, Sony was a kid that in the end didnt want to be here even though he loves UM I believe. Some kids just dont want to go to a certain school when they see what the school is about compared to others

Advertisement
Pet Peeve. How do you start off the article talking about how big he is and not even list his current H/W?!

I was waiting for someone to bring up tucker. Let's be honest about tucker - we weren't beating out world beaters for him.

We missed sorny (not to mention the guy that was rumored to be on the take is closely tied to that program). We didn't recruit Mckenzie. We didn't recruit dowels. We didn't pursue the DT that went to duke. We ain't getting Gibson and McFadden, iirc, hasn't been super generous in his comments about our staff. That's my point.

I was waiting for someone to bring up tucker. Let's be honest about tucker - we weren't beating out world beaters for him.

We missed sorny (not to mention the guy that was rumored to be on the take is closely tied to that program). We didn't recruit Mckenzie. We didn't recruit dowels. We didn't pursue the DT that went to duke. We ain't getting Gibson and McFadden, iirc, hasn't been super generous in his comments about our staff. That's my point.

Not recruiting is not the same as striking out. Lets see how this cycle plays out and lets revisit the conversation.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back