tavarus McFadden article

Fact is we know the staff recruiting all the top DB's in SoFl as hard as any team! We lack the success and packed stadium appeal. Ideally, Jaquan Johnson. McFadden, Cole and Carlton Davis would be a coup! And I think it possible if they buy in on the, "rep SoFl" "bring back the U thing", because we can't sell victories, TV appearances, packed stadiums etc. In the new age of immediate, self gratification, we behind the 8 ball on an unbalanced table. In the ideal world, those guys plus WR's Devonte Phillips, Deon Cain, Durante Peete and Javon Durante should be our's for the pickin. LB's Kirby-Lane, Tevon Coney and Dominick Sheppard and I'll take Ben Humphreys in addition to Charles Perry, who I thinks will be a good one. Can't believe there is not a single top notch DT in all the State of Miami! Ya'll gotta show the big girls some love too :) we need some DT's.

Advertisement
99% of u guys have never saw this kid play. Just because a mod says he deserves a offer doesn't mean he should get one. You're a fan not a talent evaluator, lol! The kid don't have interest in us and we don't have any interest in him, move along nothing to see...lol

TM was not coveted by staff. Give it a rest.

So Miami doesn't covet a stud prospect in their backyard that every other major college in the SEC and ACC are after, thats not good

Or maybe Miami evaluated him and doesn't like him as much as other prospects. Everything doesn't always have to be a negative when it comes to this staff.

You make a valid point but it's also part of the counterpoint. Our coach doesn't covet him, others with a better track record do.

And you make a valid point as well. But the coaches that do have better track records are not always right. Plus, I think Golden and staff are pretty good at evaluating talent. The staff's problem is coaching up said talent IMO.

Well of miami doesnt think hes good or one the best then I guess the talent evaluators at FSU LSU AUB etc all suck…or maybe UM doesnt want any parts of the recruitment because I doubt there are 3 better CB PROSPECTS in sofla than McFadden as far as skillset and what he can be with good coaching

Advertisement
Not sure why he had to make top 9, the top 3 are the only ones he is seriously considering from what I've heard.

Hope this doesn't turn out to be another Xavier Rhodes situation- Big athletic CB that is snubbed by our coaches.

I guess with the #92 rated pass defense we can afford to be picky :)

99% of u guys have never saw this kid play. Just because a mod says he deserves a offer doesn't mean he should get one. You're a fan not a talent evaluator, lol! The kid don't have interest in us and we don't have any interest in him, move along nothing to see...lol

If we don't have interest, maybe that's because we sense it and feel it is too difficult for us to overcome it, especially if it's a strong negativism. Not saying it is, but sometimes yu get the feeling maybe it's better to back off.

Advertisement
Well of miami doesnt think hes good or one the best then I guess the talent evaluators at FSU LSU AUB etc all suck…or maybe UM doesnt want any parts of the recruitment because I doubt there are 3 better CB PROSPECTS in sofla than McFadden as far as skillset and what he can be with good coaching

Silly logic, and far from accurate.

Miami can see McFadden a million times. Those other schools are limited in the amount of times they can evaluate him.

Last edited:
Anybody who wants McFadden at Corner has never seen him play, they're just looking at his size and star ranking. I watched every single American Heritage game last year. McFadden was victimized many, many times. He's just not a great football player. Athlete? Yes. Big as ****? Yes. Great cover Corner? Not even close.

How this kid can get 5 stars at a position he's not even good at is beyond me. He wasn't even the best CB on his team last year but he's supposed to be one of the best CB's in the country? Please.

And anybody *****ing about Rumph can kill themselves ASAP. Dude is all about sending his kids to Miami. I speak to him every now and then. Not getting into detail, but if Miami doesn't get a kid from Heritage, IT'S ON MIAMI. There's not unwarranted hatred for Miami going on within the Heritage program. Well, at least they're wasn't. There is now between a few kids from Heritage who probably should've been offered, but that's water under the bridge. They're gone.

Anybody who wants McFadden at Corner has never seen him play, they're just looking at his size and star ranking. I watched every single American Heritage game last year. McFadden was victimized many, many times. He's just not a great football player. Athlete? Yes. Big as ****? Yes. Great cover Corner? Not even close.

How this kid can get 5 stars at a position he's not even good at is beyond me. He wasn't even the best CB on his team last year but he's supposed to be one of the best CB's in the country? Please.

And anybody ****ing about Rumph can kill themselves ASAP. Dude is all about sending his kids to Miami. I speak to him every now and then. Not getting into detail, but if Miami doesn't get a kid from Heritage, IT'S ON MIAMI. There's not unwarranted hatred for Miami going on within the Heritage program. Well, at least they're wasn't. There is now between a few kids from Heritage who probably should've been offered, but that's water under the bridge. They're gone.

I 100 % agree with the T mac and rumph stuff, but are you suggesting we arent recruiting kids well enough there or are you referring to the kids we didnt offer, so are you suggesting we didnt recruit sony and gibson hard enough

Last edited:

And anybody ****ing about Rumph can kill themselves ASAP. Dude is all about sending his kids to Miami. I speak to him every now and then. Not getting into detail, but if Miami doesn't get a kid from Heritage, IT'S ON MIAMI. There's not unwarranted hatred for Miami going on within the Heritage program. Well, at least they're wasn't. There is now between a few kids from Heritage who probably should've been offered, but that's water under the bridge. They're gone.

I 100 % agree with the T mac and rumph stuff, but are you suggesting we arent recruiting kids well enough there or are you referring to the kids we didnt offer, so are you suggesting we didnt recruit sony and gibson hard enough

probably references us not offering joystick mckenzie

Advertisement

Miami can see McFadden a million times. Those other schools are limited in the amount of times they can evaluate him.

Y would other schools be able to limited in the amount of times they can evaluate T Mac

Y would other schools be able to limited in the amount of times they can evaluate T Mac

others school can't see him every week because of distance ... Miami is close by and can see him every time he plays

Advertisement

others school can't see him every week because of distance ... Miami is close by and can see him every time he plays

True they can't see him in person but they can see all of his games and game films

I'm not suggesting anything really.

Not getting into detail, but if Miami doesn't get a kid from Heritage, IT'S ON MIAMI.

Please explain Sony to me then.

I can't explain Sony. Only Sony and Rumph can explain Sony. All I'm saying is that there's not some anti-Miami bias going on at Heritage like some people suggest.

FWIW I was told that Miami screwed up the Sony recruitment. I don't know details though. That could mean anything. Could mean we didn't take his brother from UMass. Who knows?

Advertisement
Back