Taulia Tagovailoa

If he can’t beat out Mac jones and a freshman(I don’t care how good he is he’s a freshman and there’s no spring ball) then he ain’t it. Tua is the man when healthy. Don’t know about this kid

Advertisement
NO GOD NO PLEASE SHIYT GOD NO PLEASE GET OUT NO
Yeah, we have long track record of QB room FULL of top notch players constantly out performing each other. Look, I don't know crap about this kid, but i do know we can't hide the sidewalk with spit when it comes to QB recruits or transfers(Berlin being our last worthwhile one of either). I take the kid and 10 other QBs until we find one.

Did you see the house they were posted up in last night?? They aint going anywhere.

Yeah, we have long track record of QB room FULL of top notch players constantly out performing each other. Look, I don't know crap about this kid, but i do know we can't hide the sidewalk with spit when it comes to QB recruits or transfers(Berlin being our last worthwhile one of either). I take the kid and 10 other QBs until we find one.

The idea you have is good to have, but this is not the guy you want. There are so many other recruits out there that are more deserving of an opportunity.

We have to have standards, else we'll keep getting players like Jarren Williams.

Advertisement
Did you see the house they were posted up in last night?? They aint going anywhere.
They are going to move wherever tua gets drafted. They moved to bama when tua went there for college. They will assuredly do it since he got drafted

The idea you have is good to have, but this is not the guy you want. There are so many other recruits out there that are more deserving of an opportunity.

We have to have standards, else we'll keep getting players like Jarren Williams.
I understand. The problem is the people we have making those judgments have proven over and over again that they suck too. What I know is that the best results we have had since Berlin came from and afterthought baseball player who nobody thought much of. 10 -0 start to number 2 in polls and two games from a playoff spot from a football player who basically didn't know enough to realize he couldn't cut it. Luck, sure luck played huge roll but luck usually rolls with attitude. Mark didn't know what to do at that point having never been 10-0 before and boom.

Kosar was a horrible looking QB. about to fall with each step, side arm throws all over the place and goofy looking to boot but frigging confidence and ice water in veins. Of course he had Howard as HC, a QB mayhem, and Earl Morrall as QB coach. Who knows how many 1st round QBs we have had if Howard was their coach.

They are going to move wherever tua gets drafted. They moved to bama when tua went there for college. They will assuredly do it since he got drafted

I dunno. It had to be quite the process for the whole family to move to Tuscaloosy and then have to find jobs too. I'm thinking they've put personal and professional roots down in beautiful Alabamy and will continue to call that little slice of paradise home long after football is a factor for either kid.

Exactly, just handing out scholarships to any former highly rated recruit who has never done anything on the actual field is how you end up with Tate Martell.

Advertisement

How do you know? Which "recruits" are more deserving? We haven't had an answer at QB in decades and we're all of the sudden getting picky.

Kyler Murray and Justin Fields would like to have a word with you.
Outliers. There's way more transfer quarterbacks who bomb than than transfers who succeed. Now, if you were talking about a grad transfer QBs or guys who have played and proven themselves on the field, your odds go up.

Outliers. There's way more transfer quarterbacks who bomb than than transfers who succeed. Now, if you were talking about a grad transfer QBs or guys who have played and proven themselves on the field, your odds go up.

I added a few more "outliers" to my post. Sure, more transfers fail to work out historically. This is a new era in college football though, I think we'll see a greater rate of success with transfers in the future. Either way, we don't have an answer at QB for 2021, and if you have a guy with his pedigree you absolutely take him. The worst he does, and the worst Tate did, was create competition.

Advertisement
He should go to FAU or FIU.. if anything close to his bro.. he’ll be a legend for ever at those spots.

that’s if being close to bro is the reason for transferring.

Exactly, just handing out scholarships to any former highly rated recruit who has never done anything on the actual field is how you end up with Tate Martell.
Yup. Hopefully King and Dyke are the guys for the next couple years and we can just recruit top rated hs qb's. Unless there is a cant miss guy transferring.

Advertisement
Tua said in one of the interviews last night that his family is staying in Alabama and not coming with him to Miami.

You should only chase sloppy seconds if you don't have any other options. For 2021 Miami will still have N'Kosi Perry (for what it's worth) Tyler Van Dyke, Payton Matocha and I'm assuming at least one incoming freshman quarterback. Now if they want to add another transfer quarterback, OK, whatever but there's only so many snaps available in practice. You can't have a 5 way quarterback battle. I guess the best bet would be to see how well Van Dyke handles himself in 2020 and if they're ready to give him the reins in 2021, then don't bother with a transfer. If Van Dyke, Perry and Matocha all suck, then chase someone else.

You should only chase sloppy seconds if you don't have any other options. For 2021 Miami will still have N'Kosi Perry (for what it's worth) Tyler Van Dyke, Payton Matocha

tenor.gif

Advertisement
Back