Taulia Tagovailoa

They think very highly of tvd.
I would have liked to have had Tualia, as I want talent stacked as high as possible. That said, the impact to depth would likely have been muted. Presume that Tualia transfers in...we are still rolling with King this season. That shifts Tualia's impact to the 2021 season. He would have competed with TVD.

• If he wins - TVD likely transfers. So we're not keeping two 4 star QBs with 2-3 years of eligibility. We're rolling with Tualia in 2021 (and maybe 2022) and we're having to hope that we can get another transfer in 2022 or a top quarterback prospect
  • if he loses - Tualia wasn't a transcendent player (or TVD becomes), and he remains on the bench

Advertisement
Ask yourself this question, and answer honestly. Would we even be talking about this guy this much, if his last name wasn’t Tagovailoa?

If he was just some quarterback, with the same exact high school records, and college stats, that was tired of riding the pine at Alabama, would we be having a 20 page thread on him?

Of course, he merits some conversation, simply because his big brother is in town with a $30 million contract.

But based on talent, ability and potential future, would we be having this type of angst if he was the same guy, but the circumstances weren’t as they are?

Ask yourself this question, and answer honestly. Would we even be talking about this guy this much, if his last name wasn’t Tagovailoa?

If he was just some quarterback, with the same exact high school records, and college stats, that was tired of riding the pine at Alabama, would we be having a 20 page thread on him?

Of course, he merits some conversation, simply because his big brother is in town with a $30 million contract.

But based on talent, ability and potential future, would we be having this type of angst if he was the same guy, but the circumstances weren’t as they are?
Correct. I was simply amazed that portsters were attempting to write off TVD because of the opportunity of getting this kid.

Advertisement
Bro, i pattern my offensive prowess on Pete Rose. So, I feel you. I'm sure the boys at the field run the defensive shift on you...
I’m a lefty so they go 3 guys to the right most of the time. I go all fields so I love when I face guys who I never faced before but when there are guys who have pitched against me then have short and 2nd move towards the middle and short center plays directly up the middle.

I’m a lefty so they go 3 guys to the right most of the time. I go all fields so I love when I face guys who I never faced before but when there are guys who have pitched against me then have short and 2nd move towards the middle and short center plays directly up the middle.
Then pull that ball into the gap. I know easier said than done...

Correct. I was simply amazed that portsters were attempting to write off TVD because of the opportunity of getting this kid.

Agreed. I have no problem with adding more talented quarterbacks to the roster, I’m just not so sure that this was the guy that was going to push TVD or surpass him.

Advertisement
I would have liked to have had Tualia, as I want talent stacked as high as possible. That said, the impact to depth would likely have been muted. Presume that Tualia transfers in...we are still rolling with King this season. That shifts Tualia's impact to the 2021 season. He would have competed with TVD.

• If he wins - TVD likely transfers. So we're not keeping two 4 star QBs with 2-3 years of eligibility. We're rolling with Tualia in 2021 (and maybe 2022) and we're having to hope that we can get another transfer in 2022 or a top quarterback prospect
  • if he loses - Tualia wasn't a transcendent player (or TVD becomes), and he remains on the bench
This post has far too much sense and reason behind it to be on CIS .

This post has far too much sense and reason behind it to be on CIS .
LOL.

Best case...Tualia came aboard and turned out to be our Vince Young....a transcendent college quarterback who made TVD transferring an afterthought. Or TVD turns out to be Vince Young, and in the meantime we have quality depth in case he gets hurt.

Worst case...Tualia came aboard and it's virtually a coin flip between him and TVD. Then the coaching staff has a difficult choice to make, one influenced by roster depth, remaining years of eligibility, and recruitment of future players.

Last edited:
Bro, i pattern my offensive prowess on Pete Rose. So, I feel you. I'm sure the boys at the field run the defensive shift on you...
Still miss Pete Rose Ballpark Cafe. I loved that place.

Advertisement
.....Worst case...Tualia came aboard and it's virtually a coin flip between him and TVD. Then the coaching staff has a difficult choice to make, one influenced by roster depth, remaining years of eligibility, and recruitment of future players.

Nah, worst case is he comes in, sucks way worse than TVD, becomes disgruntled and becomes a disruptive force to the team, with his big money brother talking shlt to the media. That’s the worst case scenario.

Boca? I remember working with a cat at the U who loved the place. Said he ran into Pete a couple of times out there...
Yes, he hosted his radio show from there. Always stopped with the family on my way down to register for the term.

LOL.

Best case...Tualia came aboard and turned out to be our Vince Young....a transcendent college quarterback who made TVD transferring an afterthought

Worst case...Tualia came aboard and it's virtually a coin flip between him and TVD. Then the coaching staff has a difficult choice to make, one influenced by roster depth, remaining years of eligibility, and recruitment of future players.
Worst case is he sucks and never plays and we miss out on a LT who can help us win big this year. LOL at the worst case being it's a coin flip between him and Van *******.

Advertisement
I know... Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay.

Taulia is not Tua, I know they have the same last name, but they're not the same player or talent.

There are & will be other QB's, we'll get ours when we need to, the sky is not falling, I promise.
Comfort them, City. Let them weep on your strong shoulder. Dab those tears away and keep them away from sharp objects.

Worst case is he sucks and never plays and we miss out on a LT who can help us win big this year. LOL at the worst case being it's a coin flip between him and Van *******.
We should be concerned not only about this year, but making each year stronger afterwards.

Tualia improves depth and potentially is better than TVD...maybe...but the risk is you scare off quarterback recruits in 2021 and 2022.

We should be concerned not only about this year, but making each year stronger afterwards.

Tualia improves depth and potentially is better than TVD...maybe...but the risk is you scare off quarterback recruits in 2021 and 2022.
He only "improves depth" if he's better than the other guys and better than the guy we could have signed if we didn't sign him. I'm perfectly fine with leaving the decision to Lashlee. He knows what he wants and needs better than we do, and I'm sure he looked this dude over. If he was Jack Smith I don't think anyone would care that much.

I know... Don't worry, everything's gonna be okay.

Taulia is not Tua, I know they have the same last name, but they're not the same player or talent.

There are & will be other QB's, we'll get ours when we need to, the sky is not falling, I promise.

It just kills me that he was a 4* & top 180 player in the composite to begin with. It was because of his last name alone.

As soon as he announced he was transferring, a lot of these "experts" started saying he belonged at FIU or FAU (in conference USA!). The fck is that?! Did they just now realize he isn't that great? Nope..

Here's a quote from mike Farrell's, admitting that Taulia kept his 4th star because of his name.

"I gave
Taulia Tagovailoa
a solid impact rating because I’m afraid to undervalue another Tagovailoa but he’s an average starter at a low-tier FBS level."

Bama players don't get artificial bumps right? Smh..

Advertisement
Back