Tate's latest tweet...?????

Perry isn't even a D1 caliber QB, so I'd guess he's out. The other two are 180 different, and in the end I would guess Enos would want the passer. Martell is a poor man's Tim Tebow and maybe that is enough.

Advertisement
I have a sneaking suspicion that Williams won the competition, but Diaz/Enos like Martells playmaking ability and want to keep him as the #2. All offseason we've heard that Williams has been steady and reliable (sometimes the best, sometimes 2nd best, but never the worst of the 3), while the other two have had issues with accuracy (and Perry has had problems with taking care of the ball, which is the kiss of death for a defense-first team).

If Williams is named the starter, then Martell has nothing to complain about because he had more than a fair shot at winning the competition. Has to suck it up and acknowledge the better man won.

Meyer had packages for Martell in the red zone. He did the same with Tebow/Leak in Tebows freshman year. Wouldnt be shocked if Diaz was explaining to Martell that he will play and will have packages designed around him, and that if he proves to be more effective, he can still win the job as every week will be an open competition. Frankly Martell doesn't have much choice at this point because if he wants to transfer again, he will be forced to sit out a year, then he will have to try and prove himself yet again. His best chance at being a starter is to stay at Miami, put in the work, and be ready to take over when Williams goes down (likely given the OL).

Meyer had no packages for Martell in the redzone at Ohio State. Your making stuff up. You want Martell to win the job and you are just trying to come to terms with the fact that he might not win it now. I aint mad at ya.

Advertisement
I want the best qb save me all of the intangibles like leadership, and experience. My question is who can process the defense and hit an open receiver with the most consistency. All that leadership and expierience talk got us rosier last year

Meyer had no packages for Martell in the redzone at Ohio State. Your making stuff up. You want Martell to win the job and you are just trying to come to terms with the fact that he might not win it now. I aint mad at ya.

Try again, Semenole

Last edited:
You did some good research there TimeBomb.. he did have a package for Tate lets see how that worked though?

Despite Martell getting a number of opportunities as the quarterback near the end zone, he has not attempted a throw, and has not this year since the September win over Tulane, and he has just one rushing yard.

So you sure we wanna use Tate for a red zone package? **** even Ohio State fans said Tate sucked

Last edited:
Advertisement
You did some good research there TimeBomb.. he did have a package for Tate lets see how that worked though?

Despite Martell getting a number of opportunities as the quarterback near the end zone, he has not attempted a throw, and has not this year since the September win over Tulane, and he has just one rushing yard.

So you sure we wanna use Tate for a red zone package? **** even Ohio State fans said Tate sucked

So there were packages

So you lied

Every position needs to have a competition every week. The second you let any player take for granted that he is the starter, you go back to the same old lazy entitled players.

That sounds great but it’s unrealistic. If the starter gets in off the field trouble or has academic struggles than of course something has to change but you don’t name a starting QB and have him on a short leash. That’s the point of evaluating the three of them for eight months.

Advertisement
Advertisement
So there were packages

So you lied

I just acknowoedged their were packages on the post you just quoted me on. I'll take the L on that. I follow college football because I am an avid CFB gambler always have my laptop on me following ESPN Goalline while watching CFB on saturdays!! and I just have never seen Tate in any kind of Touchdown scoring Redzone scenario against any team not Rutgers or Tulane. Its pretty rare for a dude to have Redzone packages and not be a part of any Touchdown scenarios in said redzone packages. Unfortunately Tate was unsuccessful in every single one of those red zone packages it appears.

Last edited:
What? Now we introduce politics in the decision of which QB starts? That's a huge indictment on Manny and Enos. For them not to truly choose the best QB they believe to give them a chance to win for "political reason" speaks of glaring incompetence.
Not when they feel like they can win with any one of them

Advertisement
Back