Tate's latest tweet...?????

Advertisement
I have a sneaking suspicion that Williams won the competition, but Diaz/Enos like Martells playmaking ability and want to keep him as the #2. All offseason we've heard that Williams has been steady and reliable (sometimes the best, sometimes 2nd best, but never the worst of the 3), while the other two have had issues with accuracy (and Perry has had problems with taking care of the ball, which is the kiss of death for a defense-first team).

If Williams is named the starter, then Martell has nothing to complain about because he had more than a fair shot at winning the competition. Has to suck it up and acknowledge the better man won.

Meyer had packages for Martell in the red zone. He did the same with Tebow/Leak in Tebows freshman year. Wouldnt be shocked if Diaz was explaining to Martell that he will play and will have packages designed around him, and that if he proves to be more effective, he can still win the job as every week will be an open competition. Frankly Martell doesn't have much choice at this point because if he wants to transfer again, he will be forced to sit out a year, then he will have to try and prove himself yet again. His best chance at being a starter is to stay at Miami, put in the work, and be ready to take over when Williams goes down (likely given the OL).

Last edited:
Advertisement
I’m sorry but I would like Perry or Williams to win it because of their ability to Get the ball to our receivers. I’m a Cane fan so I would root for whom ever.

Its all politics if tate start

His name holds weight

Politics aside JW is the QB

Give me a pure passer, JT4 KJ and pope etc will go crazy
What? Now we introduce politics in the decision of which QB starts? That's a huge indictment on Manny and Enos. For them not to truly choose the best QB they believe to give them a chance to win for "political reason" speaks of glaring incompetence.

I’m sorry but I would like Perry or Williams to win it because of their ability to Get the ball to our receivers. I’m a Cane fan so I would root for whom ever.
I don’t trust Perry’s ability to “get the ball” to our receivers. He had a horrible connection at least in games with Jeff Thomas. And in the last 4 games was a measly 4-86 of throws 20 yards or more

I don’t trust Perry’s ability to “get the ball” to our receivers. He had a horrible connection at least in games with Jeff Thomas. And in the last 4 games was a measly 4-86 of throws 20 yards or more
Man I didn’t know it was that bad! I still think he is capable of getting the ball to our receivers, especially deep balls. Tate lacks the arm strength. However, Tate will protect the ball better than any QBs on the roster. He is the safe pick.

Advertisement
I have a sneaking suspicion that Williams won the competition, but Diaz/Enos like Martells playmaking ability and want to keep him as the #2. All offseason we've heard that Williams has been steady and reliable (sometimes the best, sometimes 2nd best, but never the worst of the 3), while the other two have had issues with accuracy (and Perry has had problems with taking care of the ball, which is the kiss of death for a defense-first team).

If Williams is named the starter, then Martell has nothing to complain about because he had more than a fair shot at winning the competition. Has to suck it up and acknowledge the better man won.

Meyer had packages for Martell in the red zone. He did the same with Tebow/Leak in Tebows freshman year. Wouldnt be shocked if Diaz was explaining to Martell that he will play and will have packages designed around him, and that if he proves to be more effective, he can still win the job as every week will be an open competition. Frankly Martell doesn't have much choice at this point because if he wants to transfer again, he will be forced to sit out a year, then he will have to try and prove himself yet again. His best chance at being a starter is to stay at Miami, put in the work, and be ready to take over when Williams goes down (likely given the OL).
No dog in the fight and I will root my *** off for whoever it QB1....with that said I think you’re going to be spot on with this post in the end.

What? Now we introduce politics in the decision of which QB starts? That's a huge indictment on Manny and Enos. For them not to truly choose the best QB they believe to give them a chance to win for "political reason" speaks of glaring incompetence.

Tate didn't come here for nothing. We all knew that if Kosi or Jarren didn't come out and take the job, then they would give it to Tate. Diaz was here last year, and I'm not sure he trusts Kosi or Jarren.

Tate didn't come here for nothing. We all knew that if Kosi or Jarren didn't come out and take the job, then they would give it to Tate. Diaz was here last year, and I'm not sure he trusts Kosi or Jarren.
Perry I get but Williams was buried on the depth chart/injured/in the dog house all season.

I don’t think Diaz would suggest anything close to a week-to-week arrangement. The quarterback is the quarterback and they're going to ride their choice. He’s said as much with his comments about finding the “guy.”

Martell could be a package guy with hopes of competing again next spring but he probably leaves after the season.

Advertisement
Would it be too much to ask of Manny that at least today he pick the second runner up and give him a bouquet.

Advertisement
probably will announce the starter Tuesday when he speaks to the media

I don’t think Diaz would suggest anything close to a week-to-week arrangement. The quarterback is the quarterback and they're going to ride their choice. He’s said as much with his comments about finding the “guy.”

Martell could be a package guy with hopes of competing again next spring but he probably leaves after the season.

Every position needs to have a competition every week. The second you let any player take for granted that he is the starter, you go back to the same old lazy entitled players.

Advertisement
Back