Tate Over Pope etc...

While somewhat remedial in my mind, I understood Enos wanting to use Tate as a decoy out there. Sadly it did very little and the one time he got him the ball they were sitting on it....so hard to disagree if it ever was an either or...
Did very little? What game were you watching lol With the exception of 1 play it was responsible for 3 positive plays on our end. Not to mention UF safeties couldn’t keep their eyes off him.

Advertisement
It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.
Dumb post of the day. 🏆

The Walk-ons all practice hard too. You want them to all play? The staff has been here for 6 months and they played Osborne as long as they could. Let’s remember that the offensive staff of last year was fired in the first morning. Any older offensive player here is on limited time for a reason.

Advertisement
If he’s in a wildcat package or the slot, he’s really only playing over Marshall Few as Harley’s backup, right?

It ****es me off that Enos, Stubblefield and Manny chose to play the little boy who could not win the QB job at two schools to play over Pope, Hightower and Wiggins!! That's BS. Those guys all practiced the receiver position all off season and Tate does for one week and he gets to play. I hope like **** those kids were either hurt or suspended because if not that is phucked up! Don't be surprised when one of them opts for the portal.
i was wondering why the coaches decided to play him but i don't know why you have to insult tate and call him a little boy. frankly i think that is outrageous that you would throw out a back handed insult over something he had no control over. he didn't play himself, the coaches did.

SilentThreadbareJackrabbit-size_restricted.gif

Advertisement
According to an article on 247 Martell had a better 20 yd shuttle and vert than Harley coming out of high school. I don't think he is a legit threat in the slot this season, but I could see his career having a similar trajectory to Braxton Berrios with the added bonus that he is a more legit threat to throw the ball on trick plays. I don't like the idea of him getting burn as a receiver over our guys this season but I think he has the talent to compete for a spot in the slot next spring.

I dont Care whatever it is. Martell doesn’t need to be playing receiver over the rest of the guys right now unless it’s for reverse pass or something. I’m fine with him moving to the receiver room and still learning the position but not taking that many snaps over those other guys that soon. I need To see pope and Hightower more vs unc

I dont Care whatever it is. Martell doesn’t need to be playing receiver over the rest of the guys right now unless it’s for reverse pass or something. I’m fine with him moving to the receiver room and still learning the position but not taking that many snaps over those other guys that soon. I need To see pope and Hightower more vs unc
Thats the same thing I was saying. Just seem like he was promised playing time no matter the situation. And people on this board making it like the wildcat didn't work last year when he wasn't here at U.M

Advertisement

DJ busted two long ones where Tate was faking a jet sweep.

YOU SIR, HAVE BEEN NEGGED!!!!

Advertisement
Did very little? What game were you watching lol With the exception of 1 play it was responsible for 3 positive plays on our end. Not to mention UF safeties couldn’t keep their eyes off him.

Yeah, clearly they couldn't keep their eyes off of him, especially when he got the ball and broke it for 35 in the game you were watching. 😂

Which play went for 25 plus when he was faked to in your game...I honestly can't remember.

3 of the largest gains of the day came as a result of the gimmick. I'd say it was a good look. I don't see the need for hard feelings here.
No one has hard feelings. You gus aren't seeing what's said. AS A DIVERSION HE SHOULD CERTAINLY BE IN. Going into the game ge was supposed to get 8-10 snaps between wr & rb to where it was a two qb set... absolutely we should do that. It's stupid not to. However we played 3 snaps where the capacity he was used in was as a diversion at qb. The rest we were flat out bringing in tate martell to run routes and block as a wr... maybe this is semantics to some. Either way I'm done with it. Is what it is & dice will roll how they do.

Its a new regime and people who have behind the scenes opinions should keep them to themselves. It doesn't help anything at the moment. If Diaz loses control down the road then put it out there but right now keep it in house.
So because it's a new regime we shouldnt have opinions? Alot of the same regime too. Do they get the benefit of the new regime as well as the old regime? To suggest we just shouldnt say nothing is interesting though. I'd imagine things like that would get frowned on either way on here.

Advertisement
Back