Tate needs to start 8/24. Period.

He may start game 1 but for the next 2 years? **** no. I’m not sold until proven otherwise. Didn’t like his arm strength last year as he under threw several balls that ended up being intercepted and he was inaccurate in a number of the games with bad pocket presence. Not writing him off as everyone can improve and all indications from spring is that he did indeed but we will see come fall practice.
Disagree about his arm strength. He's got a cannon for an arm. Those underthrown interceptions were all from poor technique. On each of those he was throwing while back-pedaling or sidestepping, and not getting his body into the throw. If anything, overconfidence in his arm strength was the problem on those throws. That's certainly fixable. Now, whether or not it has been fixed is another story, but I wouldn't count out Perry, or Tate, or Jarren. All three can still take over, all three have the baseline ability, it's just a matter of whether they step up or not.

Advertisement
U know what, you've convinced me. I'm sold. Where do I sign up to become a member of the Tate hive?

Tate Martell starts week 0
View attachment 87978

I don't see any hate for kosi. I recall Rosier saying he hadn't really studied the playbook - I suppose he was referring to all four plays - and that ****ed me off - and demonstrated a ****poor work ethic.

kosi last year had farted around and couldn't beat Rosier??? Then got sideways in his **** interest - and posted it??? I saw a ****poor work ethic and ****poor judgement.

I understand - Manny said they all get to start over. Fine. Trust is a function of credibility over a period of time.

Jarren's been on the job, and Tate's come in as serious as a freight train wreck.

Credibility. Two ties, and one way behind.
Exactly, Kosi did not get it done last year. We were all hoping he would come in much better than Rosier but he did not. Our offense was horrendous and embarrassing last year. Was a big disappointment but hopefully Enos can turn him around. Hope all of our QBs are much better for this year and the best one wins. No one will be giving the job.

[/QUOTE]
Exactly, Kosi did not get it done last year. We were all hoping he would come in much better than Rosier but he did not. Our offense was horrendous and embarrassing last year. Was a big disappointment but hopefully Enos can turn him around. Hope all of our QBs are much better for this year and the best one wins. No one will be giving the job.

Nobody on offense got it done last.

NOBODY.

I want Perry to ball out and show just what a mess the offensive staff made in 2018.

After all the mistakes and criticism, it would be a good story for him to overcome adversity and have a big year.

Kosi Hive all the way. But I like Martell and Williams, too. I am completely stoked about the potential of the qb room. I just wish we could keep them all once a starter is named, but that’s a pipe dream.

They each give potential for a different type of explosive offense. Counting down to fall camp sucks.

Advertisement

Nobody on offense got it done last.

NOBODY.

I want Perry to ball out and show just what a mess the offensive staff made in 2018.

After all the mistakes and criticism, it would be a good story for him to overcome adversity and have a big year.

Kosi Hive all the way. But I like Martell and Williams, too. I am completely stoked about the potential of the qb room. I just wish we could keep them all once a starter is named, but that’s a pipe dream.

They each give potential for a different type of explosive offense. Counting down to fall camp sucks.
[/QUOTE]

idc who wins as long as they're good, but kosi struggled due to his lack of prep, but also the offense and how both QBs were handled didn't help. both lost confidence w the flip flopping and tanked the season along w the **** play clapping

[/QUOTE]

idc who wins as long as they're good, but kosi struggled due to his lack of prep, but also the offense and how both QBs were handled didn't help. both lost confidence w the flip flopping and tanked the season along w the **** play clapping
[/QUOTE]

Miami had the most immature and unqualified qb coach in the country last year.

They looked every bit of the part.

Guys were said to be not taking it seriously. Now all of a sudden, they are being praised for their work ethic.

Young guys have to learn from mistakes and grow, no doubt. Still, the leadership they are receiving appears to be night and day.

Having a confident, knowledgeable coach demanding excellence and accountability makes all the difference. Richt Sr. didn’t have the flexibility or energy. Jr didn’t have the knowledge or clout. Enos is all the above, and it already shows.

Whoever gets the job will play well. If not, the back up will be coming for his spot.

Advertisement
**** no lol..kosi gets no benefit of the doubt from me...all proof from him here on out.I’m hoping Tate squarely beats him out
If Tate beat out Kosi, I will support the coaches decision. But it's ridiculous mentioning Tate like he did anything to even feel he has the edge off of one ok scrimmage. Kosi is slightly ahead due to being more consistent in all. So just hold your horses!

Advertisement
If Tate beat out Kosi, I will support the coaches decision. But it's ridiculous mentioning Tate like he did anything to even feel he has the edge off of one ok scrimmage. Kosi is slightly ahead due to being more consistent in all. So just hold your horses!

Man sit down. Tate had one spring so far to learn a new playbook, gel with new players/coaches and get use to the surroundings. Kosi should be miles ahead and not "slightly". Slightly means Kosi should be worried. Tate at this point looked the best in the final spring scrimmage and definitely has the edge in the mental toughness part without playing a game yet 😂. Kosi has physical ability but not the mental part on a "consistent" basis to lead UM to where it wants to be. Trevor Lawrence vs Tate Martell showdown feels and looks right to me 😎😂😀😊

Just a hunch: Martell will play no matter what. Either as a change of pace QB off the bench or as the outright starter.

What is this? Now you want your cake and eat it too? Lol. Tate today. Kosi tomorrow. Back to Tate next week? Looking like Mork out here...

Advertisement
Whatever Perry did last year is null and void and we should act as if it never happened. He had Jon and Mark Richt as coaches for Christ's sake.

Don't get me started on all of the drops! Perry would have completed 89% of his passes if Dugans would have taught the receivers more catching and less blocking.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Perry ends up balling out, but, in my life experience, people don't change. You are who you are, and who you are is who you always will be.

Despite what they want, or how badly they want it, fat people usually don't lose weight, lazy people usually don't become millionaires, stupid people usually don't become educated, etc. You are what you are, and no **** coach is going to change that.

Perry is the kind of person who makes bad decisions on and off the field, and doesn't work hard in the film room during the offseason.

If Perry starts, he'll be exactly the same QB this year as he was last year, and he will let us down. That's my prediction. We'll see if I'm right.

I'll be pleasantly surprised if Perry ends up balling out, but, in my life experience, people don't change. You are who you are, and who you are is who you always will be.

Despite what they want, or how badly they want it, fat people usually don't lose weight, lazy people usually don't become millionaires, stupid people usually don't become educated, etc. You are what you are, and no **** coach is going to change that.

Perry is the kind of person who makes bad decisions on and off the field, and doesn't work hard in the film room during the offseason.

If Perry starts, he'll be exactly the same QB this year as he was last year, and he will let us down. That's my prediction. We'll see if I'm right.

Like Denzel said in Equalizer 1...you gotta be who you are in this world...old man gotta be the old man...the fish gotta be the fish...referring to the book "the old man and the sea" by Ernest Hemingway....

Man sit down. Tate had one spring so far to learn a new playbook, gel with new players/coaches and get use to the surroundings. Kosi should be miles ahead and not "slightly". Slightly means Kosi should be worried. Tate at this point looked the best in the final spring scrimmage and definitely has the edge in the mental toughness part without playing a game yet 😂. Kosi has physical ability but not the mental part on a "consistent" basis to lead UM to where it wants to be. Trevor Lawrence vs Tate Martell showdown feels and looks right to me 😎😂😀😊
Kosi is also learning a new playbook! You think they are using Grandfather times and Jr’s garbage from last year?

Tate should be way ahead since he came from a more solid offensive coaching staff! So No! Tate is not ahead in this QB race! It’s ashamed he can’t beat out 2 poorly coached guys after being under the mighty OST Urban lire tutelage!

Kosi is also learning a new playbook! You think they are using Grandfather times and Jr’s garbage from last year?

Tate should be way ahead since he came from a more solid offensive coaching staff! So No! Tate is not ahead in this QB race! It’s ashamed he can’t beat out 2 poorly coached guys after being under the mighty OST Urban lire tutelage!

Now you are just "Urban-lying" out of your asss now. Tate should be way ahead? Lol. Tate will win and start against UF. Prepare your fragile Kosi-like mind for this inevitability.

Advertisement
Back