Tate Martell retires

Advertisement
Advertisement
What did he quit? On a team? Two teams? Three if you count UNLV? Players are transferring all over the place, are they quitters as well? Even those that come here from somewhere else? Phillips, he all but quit football, but came back.

Seems he just realized he wasn't good enough. It happens a lot, but for whatever reason he didn't quit long ago. He kept trying, how hard, no clue, but it wouldn't have worked even if he was the hardest worker.

I'm not really disagreeing with you, but what did he quit? You could say it another way, he kept trying. Glass half empty or full?
As you say, he quit on 3 different teams. I don’t know the kid, I don’t know how hard he worked or if he’s really a quitter. From where I stand he looks like a kid who thinks he’s the best and leaves a situation when people don’t treat him that way. Or maybe he just loves football and kept transferring hoping to play.

But here’s the thing. He looks an awful lot like a quitter, and when people look that way they almost always are. Since I don’t know for sure, I’m putting my money on the thing that’s most likely. For his sake, I hope I’m wrong, but you’ll pardon me for being skeptical.

Advertisement
As you say, he quit on 3 different teams. I don’t know the kid, I don’t know how hard he worked or if he’s really a quitter. From where I stand he looks like a kid who thinks he’s the best and leaves a situation when people don’t treat him that way. Or maybe he just loves football and kept transferring hoping to play.

But here’s the thing. He looks an awful lot like a quitter, and when people look that way they almost always are. Since I don’t know for sure, I’m putting my money on the thing that’s most likely. For his sake, I hope I’m wrong, but you’ll pardon me for being skeptical.

Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering. I don't know him, was part of the Kosi hive hoping the guy who picked us first would play over him, but just never got into the Martell hate some had and visa versa. Wish it had worked out better for everyone. College football is a grinder though and it'll chew those who aren't good enough up.

Thanks for the reply, I was just wondering. I don't know him, was part of the Kosi hive hoping the guy who picked us first would play over him, but just never got into the Martell hate some had and visa versa. Wish it had worked out better for everyone. College football is a grinder though and it'll chew those who aren't good enough up.
I’m just skeptical of everybody. Like every time I see an NFL team take a QB in the first round I roll my eyes because those guys bust or are average most of the time and the amount of money you spend to get them ruins your team for years. So I just assume 1st round QBs will be disappointing and I’m usually right.

I don’t hate the kid at all, but he falls under the “Butch Davis Rule”. At some point your fans become annoying enough that I start to discount you. Too many people claimed too much about the kid coupled with those transfers, and I just can’t believe he’ll amount to much. Time will tell.

Advertisement
Dude still has “University of Miami Alum” in his Twitter bio, and he still reps the Canes on social media.

So….I don’t see the point in ragging on him any further. Unfortunately, his time here wasn’t what any of us envisioned, but I still hope he find success in all his future endeavors.

I would like to retroactively announce my retirement from football after the 11th grade. It was kinda fun but I got a few lifetime memories out of it. Thank you football. Cane Stan out.

Advertisement
So take the photographs and still frames in your mind
Hang it on a shelf in good health and good time
Tattoos of memories, and dead skin on trial
For what it's worth, it was worth all the while
It's something unpredictable
But in the end, it's right
I hope you had the time of your life

Who was the 5* FSU WR that busted. Not Lane, there was another one.

EDIT: Google is our friend:

Fred Rouse.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Back