Tate Martell retires

Advertisement
Career 75% completion rate in college, so there’s that.

Dude is easily one of the biggest college busts of all time based on where he was ranked. Gatorade player of the year, five-star recruit that ends up never starting a college game his whole career and had a total of 35 pass attempts.

Actually Tate wasn’t a 5 star. He was a high 4* QB, and I’m going to assume it was due to his height. I think the QB1 doc put 100 on him.

Advertisement
Fail Novak Djokovic GIF by Australian Open
Bat Boy Baseball GIF by San Diego Padres
No Way Wtf GIF by Tennis TV
Minnesota Twins Baseball GIF by Jomboy Media
uh oh oops GIF by Boomerang Official
Washington Nationals Hair GIF by Jomboy Media
hit or miss video GIF
Harold Reynolds Baseball GIF by MLB Network
golf fall GIF
Vladimir Guerrero Baseball GIF by MLB Network

Advertisement
Dudes fought tooth and nail for this dude’s hype. They were dead wrong as usual. A 4-time Quitter and “me first” guy and the “toughest”, no nonsense dudes on here still can’t muster a bad word for him 😂

Now his business ventures are about to blow 😂 maybe they are but why is this dude’s prospects for success so attached to some people’s self esteem.

Dudes fought tooth and nail for this dude’s hype. They were dead wrong as usual. A 4-time Quitter and “me first” guy and the “toughest”, no nonsense dudes on here still can’t muster a bad word for him 😂

Now his business ventures are about to blow 😂 maybe they are but why is this dude’s prospects for success so attached to some people’s self esteem.

He was Bevin Jordan's HS QB, he was a Miami Hurricane, he was a fresh face when our two other QB options were a pot smoker and a wanna-be gangster/**** star. Yeah, I loved this kid coming in. He busted which sucks. But the vitriol against him is sad, tbh.

Advertisement
Can’t remember such a bust in CFB.

With countless photo shoots covering the process, the grind, the hustle, the comeback, etc.

Doomed from the start with the whole QB1 dong-fest and being a star quarterback on a loaded-*** team.

At least he had fun at Miami, partied balls and got to bang Kiki Passo for a year.

Even with his head anywhere but football, won't soon forget his fan-boys clamoring for him to be "the guy" when he never did anything to even earn a look

Good luck, kid. Another almost-was athlete who will probably get involved in crypto or an NFT expert or some other nonsensical trendy thing to remain an "influencer" or "public figure".

Advertisement
Career 75% completion rate in college, so there’s that.

Dude is easily one of the biggest college busts of all time based on where he was ranked. Gatorade player of the year, five-star recruit that ends up never starting a college game his whole career and had a total of 35 pass attempts.

Goes to show you that the recruiting sites get it more wrong than right when it comes to evaluating QBs. Soon as I heard He was offered a scholarship to UW at the age of 14 I knew He had bust potential. Most QBs that get offered that early usually don't end up panning out.

He was Bevin Jordan's HS QB, he was a Miami Hurricane, he was a fresh face when our two other QB options were a pot smoker and a wanna-be gangster/**** star. Yeah, I loved this kid coming in. He busted which sucks. But the vitriol against him is sad, tbh.
Oh heavens no!! Not a pot smoker and a guy that posts pictures of money on his instagram! Thank god Tate came aboard so I could stop clutching my pearls with a death grip.

Advertisement
Back